Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback - urgent basics missing from the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Feedback - urgent basics missing from the game.

Leafroy
12.15.2011 , 02:41 AM | #1
Just a first impression from a elder gamer who has played online games since the awesome days of Neverwinter Nights (persistent worlds). Yes, your child was what brought me into gaming. To this day i cannot commend you enough on that creation.

Point of this post is feedback.. You really need to impliment the following and fast..

Basics this game is missing at instant first impression..

1. Perks/levelling system for your guild. Essential for the community and gameplay that you impliment this. It also encouraged players to make guilds if you give perks for 5% more xp, a little percentage of credits looted going direct to guild bank.

2. Multilple specs stored to be able to switch between without cost of respec. You can charge for this ability to be trained at maybe 40th? level. Whichever you require. It is standard though and you need to eb better than hats out there. (i believe you are)

3. Also the ability to switch between item sets. For example in rift i can do the following commands.. /saveequip 1 /loadequip 1 this would do exactly what it said.. up to a maximum of 9 itemsets. ideal for those wishing to heal in high end but play dps at other times..
''The troll in this one is strong. Contemplate his words you must!''

Leafroy
12.15.2011 , 02:44 AM | #2
BUMP! till response from someone official.
''The troll in this one is strong. Contemplate his words you must!''

Devlonir
12.15.2011 , 02:44 AM | #3
Good job asking for things WoW has implemented for quite some time. None of these are really necessary or even necessarily wanted. Guild levelling for example is a travesty in my eyes that forces people to stay in a specific community or loose perks they desire. It also punishes smaller communities no matter what the implementation is.

If there is anything I desire added to this game it is: Speech bubbles! It is useful in many ways, most of all creating a more social game because what someone /says near you is more than just 1 line in a spammed full chat box in the top right of your screen.
And what a person says should always be more important than what a non-person says.

Rulyen
12.15.2011 , 02:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafroy View Post
Just a first impression from a elder gamer who has played online games since the awesome days of Neverwinter Nights (persistent worlds). Yes, your child was what brought me into gaming. To this day i cannot commend you enough on that creation.

Point of this post is feedback.. You really need to impliment the following and fast..

Basics this game is missing at instant first impression..

1. Perks/levelling system for your guild. Essential for the community and gameplay that you impliment this. It also encouraged players to make guilds if you give perks for 5% more xp, a little percentage of credits looted going direct to guild bank.

2. Multilple specs stored to be able to switch between without cost of respec. You can charge for this ability to be trained at maybe 40th? level. Whichever you require. It is standard though and you need to eb better than hats out there. (i believe you are)

3. Also the ability to switch between item sets. For example in rift i can do the following commands.. /saveequip 1 /loadequip 1 this would do exactly what it said.. up to a maximum of 9 itemsets. ideal for those wishing to heal in high end but play dps at other times..
These are presumably fairly complicated systems to integrate into the game. Considering it's brand new, I think they want to give people a chance to learn the game without having to worry about learning all this extra stuff, as well.

Also, a lot of your recommendations seem to stem from Rift. I don't think BW/EA want to carboncopy these ideas right from the start. My guess is they are going to find a way to implement them, but not before finding ways to twist and tweak them to fit SW:TOR.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

enrogae
12.15.2011 , 02:54 AM | #5
I actually tend to disagree with all of your suggestions. Guild perks kill small communities/guilds, spec switching is nice... but not required... and aside from Rift no other MMO that I know of/have played has ever launched with that as a feature (and it was pointless in Rift imho), item sets are irrelevant because in this game stats are the same for dps/heals on the same advanced class anyway. Jedi Sage gear is Jedi Sage gear, period.

You have every right to give your feedback/suggestions, but my feedback/suggestion is that none of that be implemented. Your #2 might be nice at some point, but there are far more important things to be done right now in my opinion. Good day...
Squadron 238

Shroudveil
12.15.2011 , 03:00 AM | #6
multiple specs imo ruined rift.. so no? although they have said they will implement a dual spec, and that is enough imo (1pve/1pvp spec sounds like a good balance, but running with a pvp healer, pve healer, pvp dps, stealth dps, pve dps, insert whatever, sounds ridiculous and ruins immersion/character dedication/makes fotm issues that much more apparent)

guild perks are also weigthed unfavorably towards smaller guilds so not so sure there too

Willemguitar
12.15.2011 , 03:03 AM | #7
Totally disagree, BUMP

Biosheep
12.15.2011 , 03:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rulyen View Post
These are presumably fairly complicated systems to integrate into the game. Considering it's brand new, I think they want to give people a chance to learn the game without having to worry about learning all this extra stuff, as well.

Also, a lot of your recommendations seem to stem from Rift. I don't think BW/EA want to carboncopy these ideas right from the start. My guess is they are going to find a way to implement them, but not before finding ways to twist and tweak them to fit SW:TOR.
Like he said, this is a brand new game. Let's not worry about over-complicating things at the get go. I can understand you wanting to have perks you find in games like WoW and Rift, but there are a few things to think about first. This isn't WoW or Rift, it is SW:TOR. Copying from other games just begs for copyright infringement allegations to be made which will not benefit anyone from this community. WoW and Rift did not start out with those "perks". They have incorporated them gradually with new content releases. If they gave you everything you wanted right now at launch, what would you have to look forward to in the future? WoW is losing subscriptions every quarter, many of those seem to be due to lack of content/boredom. Once they get the most recent content completed, then what? I personally ended my subscription to WoW for this reason.

Guild perks were heavily flawed, in my opinion, as new members could receive benefits from just being in the guild and not contributing a single thing. Guilds seem to become more like an extra "stat stick", which shouldn't be the purpose of a guild. To be more competitive with other players in guilds, you're almost required to join a guild to keep things more level. Guilds should NEVER be a requirement to avoid being left behind by everyone else. Achievements and titles for guild specifics are always nice things for guilds to work for and have their gratification without punishing the smaller guilds and those who would rather not be in a guild.

Having saved equipment loadouts would be nice for a future patch, but it's not gonna break the game by not having it in.

Let's just enjoy what it is for now.

frotty
12.15.2011 , 03:25 AM | #9
how about a simple LFG system.

sitting in general spamming ANYONE WANT TO DO _________ is so 2004.

You've got queues for BGs.
It's bizarre to me that there aren't queues for flashpoints / group stuff.

commandoExo
12.15.2011 , 03:32 AM | #10
aww.. the masses have spoke now you see their all gods here and their beta testers so their word is golden and they all hate change or new ideas and they don't even want things like freedom to server switch to make things easier !
why you ask ?
cause their morons and cowards to the word change !

sorry people there be more gamers coming soon and your word won't be the only one any more !!
so "YES" accept the change and the real true masses who be posting soon !
your small massses be nothing after the 12/20/11 !!
Beta tester
DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION OWNER.