Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I know its too late to say this but..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
I know its too late to say this but..

Stejo's Avatar


Stejo
01.30.2012 , 11:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
But also for side missions! Why can't they be more branched? Look at every other bioware game. If you answer a question one way, or say something it changes the entire story!
DA2 says hi.

acheros's Avatar


acheros
01.30.2012 , 11:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Stejo View Post
DA2 says hi.
I admit, thats one of the few bioware games I never played. that and the first one..

But DA2 was also one of biowares worst according to everyone else..

Ituhata's Avatar


Ituhata
01.30.2012 , 11:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
I'm not saying the stories aren't different between CLASSES. I'm saying within each class the stories should be branched.

If you want two of the same class, but different AC, you have to go through exactly the same story, no matter what. There is no replay value PER CLASS, and yes, some people do level more then one class. I'm on my second inquisitor for instance(due to reroll, not AC, but still)

If you want all of each AC on the same side(empire/republic) you're going to do every story twice.

But also for side missions! Why can't they be more branched? Look at every other bioware game. If you answer a question one way, or say something it changes the entire story!
Again, I think you are underestimating how large an undertaking that would be. Take 8 stories, and start branching them, and try to weave each individual branch to work with any other branch and you begin to see the problem. Not to mention, the game footprint.

Stejo's Avatar


Stejo
01.30.2012 , 11:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
I admit, thats one of the few bioware games I never played. that and the first one..

But DA2 was also one of biowares worst according to everyone else..
Well, it's the last game they released before this. And the similarities are heartbreaking. Bioware used to be a good developer. Their last 2 games have been a disaster.

acheros's Avatar


acheros
01.30.2012 , 11:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ituhata View Post
Again, I think you are underestimating how large an undertaking that would be. Take 8 stories, and start branching them, and try to weave each individual branch to work with any other branch and you begin to see the problem. Not to mention, the game footprint.
I know It'll never happen. I just wish it could..They'd basically have to re-release the game.

Hanscholo's Avatar


Hanscholo
01.30.2012 , 11:49 PM | #26
Actually the entire premise for this thread is wrong. You are saying that the decisions have no bearing on the direction of the quests and that for the majority of them is not the case.

Certainly class quests that lead to you getting a companion for instance are rail driven and you can only find a slightly different way to get there. For most other quests however that isnt the case, and your decisions drive who lives or dies, which elements of the story you might avoid or go further into. It determines which mobs you face, and if you resolve the problem through diplomacy, aggression or by subterfuge.

acheros's Avatar


acheros
01.30.2012 , 11:50 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hanscholo View Post
Actually the entire premise for this thread is wrong. You are saying that the decisions have no bearing on the direction of the quests and that for the majority of them is not the case.

Certainly class quests that lead to you getting a companion for instance are rail driven and you can only find a slightly different way to get there. For most other quests however that isnt the case, and your decisions drive who lives or dies, which elements of the story you might avoid or go further into. It determines which mobs you face, and if you resolve the problem through diplomacy, aggression or by subterfuge.
..it really isn't, though. there are minor details, sure. But really its the choice between fighting an NPC and not.

Ultimately, the story doesn't change much either way.

TheLonelyTusken's Avatar


TheLonelyTusken
01.30.2012 , 11:54 PM | #28
It's not about amassing dark side points or having huge drastic changes during the story, its about having an interactive number of stories to play roles in and have fun seeing how it unfolds, with you creating a personality for yourself through choices.

Why do people try so hard to find things to complain about?

If you dont like to play, dont.

acheros's Avatar


acheros
01.30.2012 , 11:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
It's not about amassing dark side points or having huge drastic changes during the story, its about having an interactive number of stories to play roles in and have fun seeing how it unfolds, with you creating a personality for yourself through choices.

Why do people try so hard to find things to complain about?

If you dont like to play, dont.
Is that really the only option you see? Love everything about the game or despise it with a passion? I love the game, I just think the storylines are weak and should of been branched from the very start. If you can't accept that there are faults in this game, I really don't know what else to say..

Ituhata's Avatar


Ituhata
01.30.2012 , 11:55 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
I know It'll never happen. I just wish it could..They'd basically have to re-release the game.
You can always look at it from a destiny perspective. I actually wonder, have you ever read Foundation by Isaac Asimov? You could look at it as psychohistory. No matter what you do, the outcome will be the same and can be calculated by a mathematical equation.