Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I know its too late to say this but..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
I know its too late to say this but..

acheros
01.29.2012 , 02:46 PM | #1
The storyline re-playability is crap. Play it once, its all the same with little difference.
the differences are often as shallow as "fight NPC #12656" vs "Dont fight NPC #12656"
the choices are shallow and meaningless save for slightly different dialog.

How would I fix that? Branched storylines, not just dialog trees. Make it so that if you press 1 for a dialog choice, it becomes a slightly different story then if you press 2.

Do I think this will happen? No, its too late, it would require an entire over-haul of the entire game, voice actors to be brought in again, I know it will never happen. But I'm still unsatisfied that the story is so controlled..

swtorjkcbr
01.30.2012 , 11:18 PM | #2
Story wore off on me after 20 levels. But I first played a Jedi Knight - his responses/dialogue is terrible and totally out of character "They wont stand a chance against a Jedi" such an egotist, really put me off.

The Bounty Hunter however is pretty cool. His responses made me laugh a few times. I can imagine that replaying them will get very boring. Thank you bioware for the Keyboard ... but without bioware's famous 'story' ... its just a bland and empty game imo.

Gehoornde
01.30.2012 , 11:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
The storyline re-playability is crap. Play it once, its all the same with little difference.
the differences are often as shallow as "fight NPC #12656" vs "Dont fight NPC #12656"
the choices are shallow and meaningless save for slightly different dialog.

How would I fix that? Branched storylines, not just dialog trees. Make it so that if you press 1 for a dialog choice, it becomes a slightly different story then if you press 2.

Do I think this will happen? No, its too late, it would require an entire over-haul of the entire game, voice actors to be brought in again, I know it will never happen. But I'm still unsatisfied that the story is so controlled..
I agree, the stories are horrible.
PROUD OWNER OF STANDARD EDITION

Proto
01.30.2012 , 11:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
What? No comments..?
Sorry man, we're too busy wondering why we spent $60 on this thing... =\

Aisar
01.30.2012 , 11:20 PM | #5
No comment because it's true. Nothing to say haha
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

swtorjkcbr
01.30.2012 , 11:22 PM | #6
The stories are on the same Rail used in Space Combat. There really is no choice, its just an illusion.

Romulusss
01.30.2012 , 11:22 PM | #7
everyone who says the play for the story are actually saying that they play 1 hour a week and havent hit lvl 30 yet. All aspects of this game are crap, story included.

Lady_Alyria
01.30.2012 , 11:24 PM | #8
I hit space bar the second time around and marvel at how fast I level instead. 20 in one day! GO ME!

Kunra
01.30.2012 , 11:26 PM | #9
7 years of playing MMO's, had to buy a new keyboard other day because I broke my Spacebar...

Broke #'s button before, because of a years time spamming the most useable Specials. never the Spacebar and never in such a short period of time.

Trexor
01.30.2012 , 11:27 PM | #10
Clearly this is not the game you are looking for.