Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People complaining about Grav Round and Tracer Missile don't know how to PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People complaining about Grav Round and Tracer Missile don't know how to PvP

Raggok
01.29.2012 , 03:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vyron_Deckard View Post
If you can pump out maximum DPS uninterrupted by spamming ONE SKILL - that's a flaw in game design.

Why do Snipers/Slinggers need to use gimmicky mechanics and rotations while Mercs/commandos get a free pass to face roll medals with one ******* skill?
LOL, you people just flat out SUCK. Sniper's "gimmicky mechanic" makes it such that they can't be interrupted while mercenaries can be interrupted which is exactly their weakness.

This game has the most ignorant and whiniest PvP community of any MMORPG ever.
Check out my SWTOR PvP movies.
Follow me on Twitter for updates

Schwarzwald
01.29.2012 , 03:27 PM | #22
I don't complain because I get killed by it, its easy to deal with once you know you are getting hit by it.

I complain about how easy it is to get those kinds of numbers by spamming one ability though. As opposed to other classes that have to build up into a rotation or forced to get in melee/los them.

Its a matter of effort/effectiveness.
The Golden Rule: All kids, all asbestos, all the time

PvP Juggernaut Immortal DPS 31/8/2

Ojas
01.29.2012 , 03:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocorras View Post
Pretty much. All you have to do is put 1 melee on a merc/commando and they're done.
Yeah because mercs/commandos can't stun, root, snare, knockback?

Put an operative on a merc/commando in huttball and operative is a pinball.

Daecollo
01.29.2012 , 03:28 PM | #24
The best commando and mercenery goes up against the best marauder/sentinel, the marauder/sentinel will always win, no matter what the circumstances one vs one.

DigitalDreamz
01.29.2012 , 03:28 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Roak View Post
I've never complained about it, but if this can happen something is wrong.

to save you watching the vid, guy only has tracer on his hotbar, finished 2nd damage overall, top damage on his team and has 8 medals.

I have no personal issue with grav/tracer, that doesn't mean it's not dumb.
Oh man my sides were hurting from laughing so hard! That video is gold! It's funny seeing tards defend their class when literally pushing one button is all you need. I believe monkeys can be trained to play this way as well.

JJJShmidt
01.29.2012 , 03:29 PM | #26
Tracer Missile is not a filler, its the bread and butter of the entire spec. Unload is our filler, Rail shot is our filler, quick shots is our filler. And that video that was linked to some lvl 50 decked out toon smashing lowbies isn't very impressive. Basically tracer missile proc's or activates every talent in our tree, and the fact that it's a casted ability locks us down into one position, and tracer missile spam is a crap shoot based on lucky crits (overheating after not landing crits).

There are so many abilities in the game now that can interrupt a casted ability. Not only do you have knockbacks and stuns, but almost everyone has an interrupt if not one with a lockout. I don't get to have one, and that's BS imo. Why would a Merc not get an interrupt? Why don't we have any mobility tools? Personally I feel that high DPS while stationary + low mobility = fair.

In the 50's bracket when I PvP, I usually am watching my on screen damage numbers when I cast death from above to look for the squishiest targets to take out. I suggest you do the same with your AOE, learn to spot the weak links, pressure them low and make the healers panic. As far as countering a Merc? You simply use your positional advantages, or LOS.

DigitalDreamz
01.29.2012 , 03:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JJJShmidt View Post
Tracer Missile is not a filler, its the bread and butter of the entire spec. Unload is our filler, Rail shot is our filler, quick shots is our filler. And that video that was linked to some lvl 50 decked out toon smashing lowbies isn't very impressive. Basically tracer missile proc's or activates every talent in our tree, and the fact that it's a casted ability locks us down into one position, and tracer missile spam is a crap shoot based on lucky crits (overheating after not landing crits).

There are so many abilities in the game now that can interrupt a casted ability. Not only do you have knockbacks and stuns, but almost everyone has an interrupt if not one with a lockout. I don't get to have one, and that's BS imo. Why would a Merc not get an interrupt? Why don't we have any mobility tools? Personally I feel that high DPS while stationary + low mobility = fair.

In the 50's bracket when I PvP, I usually am watching my on screen damage numbers when I cast death from above to look for the squishiest targets to take out. I suggest you do the same with your AOE, learn to spot the weak links, pressure them low and make the healers panic. As far as countering a Merc? You simply use your positional advantages, or LOS.
This reminds me of the Arcane mages in WoW who would try SO HARD to convince everyone that pushing their one button Arcane Blast was difficult. Didn't work there and won't work here.

Crimsane
01.29.2012 , 03:43 PM | #28
Nobody ever said it was difficult to use tracer repeatedly, only that it's the key to the entire arsenal tree. That effectively makes mercs weaker, as interrupting that one skill means every other skill he uses won't be buffed to hit you harder. He can't apply the armor debuff, he can't buff rail shot and heatseekers, he won't get unload procs, etc.

It's dumb for an entire build to rely so heavily on hitting someone with the same skill 3+ times before using your other skills, especially in an area where your target is gonna be getting dropped by other players as well, meaning that you can rarely get 5 heat signatures on a target before it's dead and you need to start stacking them on a new target. That's BW's fault really, whoever designed arsenal seems like they were designing solely with pve in mind.

(also pyros are better in pvp, shh)

Kelticfury
01.29.2012 , 03:50 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vyron_Deckard View Post
If you can pump out maximum DPS uninterrupted by spamming ONE SKILL - that's a flaw in game design.

Why do Snipers/Slinggers need to use gimmicky mechanics and rotations while Mercs/commandos get a free pass to face roll medals with one ******* skill?
Because you chose a class that requires you to use gimmicky mechanics and abilities.
Did you really ask that question?

hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.*drool*
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVarrak View Post
To quote Mace Windu "Im tired of these mofo Sith in this mofo galaxy"
Dancing is OP!111 Video evidence!11

Powerr
01.29.2012 , 03:51 PM | #30
/dumb thread

wish you could watch Glory play

Nothing can stop Power!
<Matchless>

Follow my LiveStream