Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People complaining about Grav Round and Tracer Missile don't know how to PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People complaining about Grav Round and Tracer Missile don't know how to PvP

Ssfbistimg
01.29.2012 , 02:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocorras View Post
Pretty much. All you have to do is put 1 melee on a merc/commando and they're done.
This
Always have a hard time with Marauders on my Commando. They Just attack to fast, and I usually have to use CC and spam heal 1 vs 1. Until help arrives. I hope they plan on adding a collision mechanic to stop them from going through me to cause LOS on my abilities not known as Grav Round

Ssfbistimg
01.29.2012 , 02:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Roak View Post
I've never complained about it, but if this can happen something is wrong.

to save you watching the vid, guy only has tracer on his hotbar, finished 2nd damage overall, top damage on his team and has 8 medals.

I have no personal issue with grav/tracer, that doesn't mean it's not dumb.
Clearly the other team was not very good. Cause spamming grav round/tracer missile without following up with your insta cast abilities gimps your character. All you would have had to do is interrupt and LoS him and he would have been useless. So again the team he was playing against was 8 bads who just stood there and let him spam tracer missile

WickedImage
01.29.2012 , 02:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeusThunder View Post
It's painfully obvious in all these posts about TM and GR that the OP just doesn't know much about PvP. If you can't recognize the fact that these specs will always get beat in a 1v1 fight and are very susceptible to LOS then you just shouldn't be posting your "insights" for everyone to see.
These people are probably just letting themselves get nuked by these classes and came to the determination that if it killed them it must be OP.
Oh please....just stop. It's lolop'd. I don't care how bad the other players are....1 button puts you as top dps on your team, something is out of balance. It's joke you BH/Troops even attempt to defend it. It is going to get nerfed, you can bet on it. It really doesn't matter how many of you post that it's fine as is, or that other players are bad, or that it's only used that way by bad players, blah, blah, blah. It's op'd and it's gettign nerfed. Any nails that stick up in MMO's inevitably get hammered back down in due time. This is just another nail waiting to be hammered down.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

Khremlin
01.29.2012 , 02:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vyron_Deckard View Post
If you can pump out maximum DPS uninterrupted by spamming ONE SKILL - that's a flaw in game design.

Why do Snipers/Slinggers need to use gimmicky mechanics and rotations while Mercs/commandos get a free pass to face roll medals with one ******* skill?
I suppose if you're finding Sniper/OP too complex you could try rolling a merc - fair warning though, you're going to get interrupted, shut down and murdered by anyone who's not afk. Or dumb.

Keep smiling, it's only a game.

ZeusThunder
01.29.2012 , 02:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by WickedImage View Post
Oh please....just stop. It's lolop'd. I don't care how bad the other players are....1 button puts you as top dps on your team, something is out of balance. It's joke you BH/Troops even attempt to defend it. It is going to get nerfed, you can bet on it. It really doesn't matter how many of you post that it's fine as is, or that other players are bad, or that it's only used that way by bad players, blah, blah, blah. It's op'd and it's gettign nerfed. Any nails that stick up in MMO's inevitably get hammered back down in due time. This is just another nail waiting to be hammered down.
Let me make this more simple for you:

Class A can not beat any other class in a 1v1 fight. Is class A overpowered?
When making a new post if you can't even take the time to use basic grammar and spelling, why should I take the time to give you a proper response? Using poor English in forum posts is an invitation to be trolled.

Evuke
01.29.2012 , 02:45 PM | #16
6 second cooldown.....fixed.

Khremlin
01.29.2012 , 02:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
It's a 3 second cast already.

I'm defending and I don't even play one.

The real fix is ENEMY CAST BAR BEING MOVABLE, SIZABLE, RE-COLOR-ABLE. Anything in that department.

BurnsTwoThree
01.29.2012 , 02:52 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeusThunder View Post
Let me make this more simple for you:

Class A can not beat any other class in a 1v1 fight. Is class A overpowered?
Very possibly because the game isn't balanced around 1v1 fights. But if you're implying that Troopers/BH cannot win 1v1 against anybody than you're doing it wrong.

Crimsane
01.29.2012 , 03:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
If by fixed you mean arsenal tree is now useless, you're right. gz.

ZeusThunder
01.29.2012 , 03:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BurnsTwoThree View Post
Very possibly because the game isn't balanced around 1v1 fights. But if you're implying that Troopers/BH cannot win 1v1 against anybody than you're doing it wrong.
This post is about mercs/commandos in the arsenal tree...
When making a new post if you can't even take the time to use basic grammar and spelling, why should I take the time to give you a proper response? Using poor English in forum posts is an invitation to be trolled.