Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[How to] Mouse look toggle

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
[How to] Mouse look toggle

Deewe
03.31.2012 , 12:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SirSensi View Post
Very cool tip, I might have to try this.

How does it work in game, say in PvP? Would one just Tab-target?
Not sure I understand your question.

The toggle only works for mouse look not targeting enemies.

SirSensi
03.31.2012 , 02:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Not sure I understand your question.

The toggle only works for mouse look not targeting enemies.
Yes, I understand the function.

I was just wondering how the targeting is affected in pvp/e. Like, could you still left-click on the target that is within range, or would you have to use the tab key for targeting? OR would you just use it situationally, like disable it to select and then enable it for movement?

I know it locks down the mouse so you can run through like an FPS... I was just being vauge on my original question, sorry for the misunderstanding.
SQUADRON 238 |Beta Tester|
< The Trichome Legacy >

Sensi

Deewe
03.31.2012 , 03:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SirSensi View Post
Yes, I understand the function.

I was just wondering how the targeting is affected in pvp/e. Like, could you still left-click on the target that is within range, or would you have to use the tab key for targeting? OR would you just use it situationally, like disable it to select and then enable it for movement?

I know it locks down the mouse so you can run through like an FPS... I was just being vauge on my original question, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Gotcha!

As you're locking the mouse you can't move the mouse cursor anymore with it.
Still you can use the "Target Center Screen" Key binding option.
What you're missing though is a reticle to know where exactly you are aiming at.

SirSensi
03.31.2012 , 07:01 PM | #14
Gotcha!

As you're locking the mouse you can't move the mouse cursor anymore with it.
Still you can use the "Target Center Screen" Key binding option.
What you're missing though is a reticle to know where exactly you are aiming at.
Ah ok. Makes sense, it would be nice to have that reticle but that is on BW's end. Then it would almost be like SWG... Without the auto attack feature, lol.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am still eager to try it.
SQUADRON 238 |Beta Tester|
< The Trichome Legacy >

Sensi

Deewe
04.29.2012 , 08:26 AM | #15
Removed the "#IfWinActive Star Wars: The Old Republic" in the code as BioWare added a™ tag in the name and even adding it in the line does not woks.

So the toggle will work both in game and in others windows.

Bortelbij
05.09.2012 , 06:43 AM | #16
You've really made my game with this thread, and I've been using AHK and your script to mouselook for some months now, thanks!
Removed the "#IfWinActive Star Wars: The Old Republic" in the code as BioWare added a™ tag in the name and even adding it in the line does not woks.

So the toggle will work both in game and in others windows.
My mouselook key is R, so you can imagine that constantly activating Click Down Right would be pretty damn annoying inside other windows. For me however, adding "#IfWinActive Star Wars™: The Old Republic™" does work, so maybe you should try and paste this.
Also, I wanted it so that it would be a toggle ŕnd still be able to use my R key while typing chat messages, so I've edited the script somewhat:

Code:
Thread, interrupt, 0
#IfWinActive Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
;
#NoEnv
toggle=0
SetMouseDelay,-1
return

r::
Thread, Priority, 2147483647
if toggle
Click Down Right
else
Click Up Right
Send r
toggle := 1 - toggle
return
;

#IfWinActive
When I type an R in chat, it will toggle mouselook at the same time, but that's unavoidable, I guess. For people that don't use a letter key, this won't be a problem.

Thanks again!

Vespassian
07.25.2012 , 01:21 PM | #17
This is useful. Thank you.
JOREL
COLE

Daiyukie
07.25.2012 , 09:48 PM | #18
I don't quite understand what this is supposed to do for you? You press a key instead of holding down right mouse button to move your camera and then have to toggle it back again? Seems like more of a pain than an advantage to me.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

Glzmo
07.27.2012 , 04:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie View Post
I don't quite understand what this is supposed to do for you? You press a key instead of holding down right mouse button to move your camera and then have to toggle it back again? Seems like more of a pain than an advantage to me.
Not for many of us that have used the toggle mouse mode feature in other games. I've been missing this feature in the game forever, and this allows those of us who want it to finally use this nice quality of live feature.

Leiralei
09.11.2012 , 01:18 AM | #20
Wonderful toggle to add back quality of life!

For those worrying about being banned for something like this, feel free to write in to CS and ask, make it very clear you are asking if it's ok to use a thirdparty program solely to toggle mouselook.

I wrote in a while ago about using AHK to make "roleplay" chat macros for pvp use, and did get a statement that is an allowed use. Unfortunately my script didn't always work. It would paste half the sentence then a bit from the middle would be left out, then it would paste the end. Then sometimes it would paste the whole thing. Think the dual process was messing something up. Anyway, I had to abandon the idea.

Imagine typing "inc3e" and having AHK replace that with "A small group incoming to east! Aid me!" or "moreinc" becoming "We are being overwhelmed! Send reinforcements ASAP." that would be too cool. Not so much leetspeak but still fast to type. Ah well.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.