Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason why Swtor Failed - STORY MMO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The reason why Swtor Failed - STORY MMO

Antinoobkiller
01.29.2012 , 01:47 PM | #1
This was the biggest fail idea to implement in a mmo game. IMHO.

Nobody cares about the voice acting or storyline, when all other aspects of the game is very bad. One thing I found out when lvling my way up to 50 was that I never saw any republic players and empire players, well, there was a few of them around. The other thing is that the planets where very much empty/stale and I didnt have this adventuring/exploring feeling I had when lvlin up in wow. I mean in this game u go from a to b to c to d to e .. but in wow u had more options where to go and lvl AND EXPLORE. In tor you dont explore ****, its fckin stale and empty the planets and how you lvl.

The third thing which makes all this even worse is that this HAS WAY TO MANY SHARDS/instances. Loading screens.. Imperial fleet is like the lamest thing i ever seen. You sit there and do nothing but wait. which makes you think why im playing things or what am i doing ? sitting in imperial fleet doing nothing but waiting. I mean you cant even go out somewhere and duel someone.

On top of these main issues is that this game as loads of bugs, like ability delay, bugged loot, bugged bosses, boring wzs. The ops are way too easy and dull.

Im sorry but Swtor was a huge disapointment and fail in my eyes. I have played 2hours the last 8days and spend dobble that time on the forum to see if anything changed. But its the same boring game. And only reason why im still playing is cuz i bought 60day card but I wont resub cuz this game is way too easy and linear like wow became. This game will die like the rest mmos warhammer,aion, rift.

Johnnyburma
01.29.2012 , 01:49 PM | #2
I love this game- fail fail?
"Life can be so fragile." Teama Skicoriw (A Businessman) says.
"And the more beautiful, the more fragile it seems. Please be careful out there."

ChaosKirin
01.29.2012 , 01:50 PM | #3
I like the story. I feel that if you're not playing the game for the story, then you can easily go play another game.

Alunarie
01.29.2012 , 01:50 PM | #4
See you tomorrow.

MashTactics
01.29.2012 , 01:51 PM | #5
In your opinion.

txfeinbergs
01.29.2012 , 01:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Antinoobkiller View Post
Nobody cares about the voice acting or storyline
100% wrong, because I do.
If you use an analogy to a car, you immediately go on my ignore list.

Laeris
01.29.2012 , 01:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Antinoobkiller View Post
This was the biggest fail idea to implement in a mmo game. IMHO.

Nobody cares about the voice acting or storyline, when all other aspects of the game is very bad. One thing I found out when lvling my way up to 50 was that I never saw any republic players and empire players, well, there was a few of them around. The other thing is that the planets where very much empty/stale and I didnt have this adventuring/exploring feeling I had when lvlin up in wow. I mean in this game u go from a to b to c to d to e .. but in wow u had more options where to go and lvl AND EXPLORE. In tor you dont explore ****, its fckin stale and empty the planets and how you lvl.

The third thing which makes all this even worse is that this HAS WAY TO MANY SHARDS/instances. Loading screens.. Imperial fleet is like the lamest thing i ever seen. You sit there and do nothing but wait. which makes you think why im playing things or what am i doing ? sitting in imperial fleet doing nothing but waiting. I mean you cant even go out somewhere and duel someone.

On top of these main issues is that this game as loads of bugs, like ability delay, bugged loot, bugged bosses, boring wzs. The ops are way too easy and dull.

Im sorry but Swtor was a huge disapointment and fail in my eyes. I have played 2hours the last 8days and spend dobble that time on the forum to see if anything changed. But its the same boring game. And only reason why im still playing is cuz i bought 60day card but I wont resub cuz this game is way too easy and linear like wow became. This game will die like the rest mmos warhammer,aion, rift.
1) Rift isn't dead - Every one of its servers are growing. Does it have as many subs as WoW does? No.

2) You're a WoW player.

3) All credibility lost.

Starone
01.29.2012 , 01:52 PM | #8
If you do not like the game go play something else.

I for one love the story, love the voice acting. enjoy exploring the maps to find all the holocrons. I all in all am enjoying the game.

So I am going to finsh by saying....... Are you ready for it?

Can I have your stuff?
"May the Force be with you......"

Explosive_Lasers
01.29.2012 , 01:52 PM | #9
Correction: You don't care about story.

I did research, and knew what I was getting into. The game surprised me, because the combat and PvP is even more fun than WoW's, as well as the story being MULTITUDES better. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised and have to rank TOR as one of the best games I've ever played.

So, while you may not like the #1 innovation of the game, that was advertised for years as the game's main focus, thousands of others do, and are also enjoying the game's combat, which is fairly good. Hell, every person on swtor-rp.com was talking about how f***ing awesome the PvP was on one of the articles.

Your opinion is not fact. Get used to it.
"Bet you heard we ain't in the pris'ner takin' bisness. We in the killin' Imperial bisness." -Me, before every Warzone

Quote: Originally Posted by Kabjat View Post
Explosive, you always make so much sense. And here as well you do not disappoint.

Lithomed
01.29.2012 , 01:53 PM | #10
You are wrong OP, I care about story and I care about voice acting, so your statement, "nobody cares" is demonstrably fallacious.
Man created god in his own image.