Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the Inquisitor Armor *Should* Look Like

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What the Inquisitor Armor *Should* Look Like

DwokImmortal
01.30.2012 , 03:17 AM | #21
I'd kill for more options than:
  • Peacock
  • Red Spacesuit
  • White-supremacist robes

Why are 3/4ths of our gear options the Red Spacesuit anyway?
I'm stuck grinding Social ranks for the Mystic Set from Voss just to look like a lightside Sith should.
Intel i7 2.0ghz | Nvidia 555GT (+ SLIed weaker card) | 8GB RAM | 7200 RPM 1TB SATA

Still not enough to run SWTOR consistently smooth

fungihoujo
01.30.2012 , 04:07 AM | #22
I'm very curious as to why top end ops gear has me showing off my belly? I didn't realize that darths in this time period were skanks. If I could perhaps get half the material in those silly shoulders to cover my waist I'd feel like I was out to kill the Empire's greatest foes, not to dance on some tables in Nar Shaddaa.

The Champion gear on the other hand looks very good- I know the peacock feathers got made fun of alot, but I think it looks very nice and enjoy the sort of... crazy sith look it and some other outfits give.

fungihoujo
01.30.2012 , 04:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bindola View Post
I disagree, the sith of this game are not the same sith in the movies. They like to flant their power and "simple robes" are not their style (the pvp gear looks great btw) and art wise it is a bold and powerful design that they went with, last I checked bold and powerful was very sith.

The fact that the sith don't look the same as the movie versions is a good thing, it sets them apart from the movie giveing them some unique looks and in the movies the Sith were hideing from their enemy the Jedi, and in this game they are not. However i will admit that in would like to see the pointy wizard hat go away thats just absurd, maybe a hood with a mask instead?
This is a good point too- I mean, look at traditional sith gear before this time- most of it from purebloods is very flashy and tacky.

That said- orange gear included you have some more traditional looking robes... problem is- you get ops/pvp gear where you can't remove the armouring- if you could remove armouring and put it in moddable gear, nobody would have issues with gear looks.

_Darkstar
01.30.2012 , 07:25 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
I'm very curious as to why top end ops gear has me showing off my belly? I didn't realize that darths in this time period were skanks. If I could perhaps get half the material in those silly shoulders to cover my waist I'd feel like I was out to kill the Empire's greatest foes, not to dance on some tables in Nar Shaddaa.
Considering the Dark Side if powered by passions I would think any half attractive female would be dressed provocatively so she can draw on other peoples passions to fuel herself. Though having your belly out doesn't make you a skank any more than a moustache makes you a dodgy adult entertainer.

I would love some actually attractive looking gear though.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Antiqua
01.30.2012 , 07:41 AM | #25
Some classic-SW looking options is definetely a must for force-using classes. I hope so much it's already somewhere in the pipeline, cause you hardly can miss the problem

Checking Global Market every 30 minutes and killing literally hundreds of low-level elites - that's unprovoked pain it takes to get some nicely looking gear. I found myself hunting both sides of GTN for recipe of Dark Acolyte Robe and leveling a Synthweave alt just to make the character stop looking like a clown. It took a lot of time to find it

drwolfman
01.30.2012 , 10:05 AM | #26
I was just complaining about this to my guild mates the other night. For my Sith Assassin I would KILL and **** for just a sweet black pair of pants and not have a skirt on for my ****** assassin. Chest piece wise a guild mate found an awesome Schematic for me to craft a nice black robe with a red strip on the hood with 3 mod slots. Looks really bad *** and if i had pants would be awesome. But for now i found mod black robes that match to look ******...pants would be awesome though.

Other then that i agree with anyone who says they made a lot of the clothes look like mages. which is fine, and some look great, but usually politicians wore fancy peacock gid ups. those in the war and battling always seemed to have a pretty basic wardrobe. I mean how fast and responsive can an Assassin be with shoulder pads bigger the my head that extend past my body be......

But again the game is in baby stage, i expect a ton of addiditons to be added..expect is a key word there though.
If the Dark Side doesn't make you wet for power then you must be destroyed!!

Viscousfury
01.30.2012 , 01:15 PM | #27
Good lord those OP pics are god awful ugly. I see why SWG failed so bad. I actually love the way the sith look in SWTOR. They did many many things wrong, but Sith Inquisitor gear isn't one of them.

Corvo_Stormlord
01.31.2012 , 01:19 PM | #28
<Minor Rant>
I agree with the idea here. I've got both a Sorcerer and an Assassin, and I find that I'm very "meh" about most of our gear appearances (the exception being the Demicot Headgear that you can pick up on Alderaan as a quest reward; it looks awesome with just about everything).

My Sorcerer wearing robes is fine... I expect that someone who is studying the secrets of the Dark Side (to shock the life out of you in my case) would be wearing something more "scholarly" in the way of design. But none of the robes really look all that awesome imo, and even the robes like the Saber Marshall's Robe or the Black Talon Inquisitor's Robe are just on my "least meh" list. I expect the Dark Side wielding conduit of power to walk around looking more like Pinhead (Hellraiser), the Uber Morlock (Time Machine, the Guy Peirce version), or better yet, the Strangers (Dark City). I have yet to find something that looks that awesome.

My Assassin... here's my real sticking point. A master of the dual-bladed lightsaber/saberstaff and they're still wearing robes. Have you ever seen someone in robes like that (ie Akido Hakama) try to use a staff? It doesn't end well. The robes restrict movement too much, and a the bulky tops that comprise most of our later game robes are impractical to the point of being silly. There's a suspension of disbelief line that is crossed about the time you reach 20 and they never look back.
But in short... C'mon. Give me some freakin Darth Maul robes for my assassin. Even if its only a couple options... make me some moddable ones and I'll be happy.

TL;DR Version:
Sorcerers should look like evil harbingers of doom (Pinhead, Uber Morlock, Strangers).
Assassins should get to look like Darth Maul.

That is all.

</Minor Rant>
-=It's not a fall from grace if you enjoy it=-

GavinPatterson
01.31.2012 , 02:00 PM | #29
sighed/

although for the record i will say that the jedi consular gear and Armour is by far worse. Peacock is much better than a banana tree.
Jedi Master and Consular

SithZigg
01.31.2012 , 02:45 PM | #30
Reskinned Jedi Robes and Imperial Officer's Uniform just do not work for me.

Either this (dude on the left), or this for male.

And either this, or this for female.
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!