Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the Inquisitor Armor *Should* Look Like

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What the Inquisitor Armor *Should* Look Like

Tgirgis
01.29.2012 , 02:31 PM | #11
None of the Jedi Robes really resemble the classic star wars jedi style in my opinion, what the consulars are sick of is not what I am asking for, I still dont think the consular can wear anything that at all resembles:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/S...enShot0079.jpg

Again, its all a matter of personal opinion, I would just like to have the option wear something like the outfit linked above.
|█/////██()█Ξ█╣█████████████████████████████████████)

Timberley
01.29.2012 , 04:22 PM | #12
As a Consular and just starting an Inquisitor (making the Empire couterpart to my Shadow), I can say that the Consulars that are complaining about their kit are mainly looking for non-skirt lowers, as at present we're limited to a couple available from Alderaan commendation vendors. I think most would be happier if they could equip something that's more classically Star Wars in appearance, or looks more like Satele Shan.

I loved the KOTOR look when I played them both, as they were recognisable enough to be Star Wars, but distinct from the films' styling. I think if Bioware had kept that look going it would've been win-win as far as things go. The Sith Apprentices shot the OP linked to could've been a wonderful compromise. Personally, I'd like my Sith Assassin to look something like this - Assassin (obviously with a lightsaber/saberstaff instead of the blaster) - but I can see why they might not.

I do like that the dev team have tried to make a look for the game, but some of it just doesn't scream 'Star Wars' to me. The 'peacock' from the endgame armour looks quite cool, but doesn't immediately make me think that it's a feared Sith Inquisitor, more an ostentatious Imperial official. But, the Consulars don't get kit that's any better!

Tim
Kecandra - - Infiltration

Aezikial
01.29.2012 , 07:55 PM | #13
Honestly if you look at the classes anyway I would have prefered to have two other classes instead of having force using jedi and light saber using jedi, same for sith and have a hybrid pick and mix scheme where if you wished you could opt for melee or ranged attacks. I guess it woud be a ***** to balance but it would make sense to me lore wise.

acheros
01.29.2012 , 08:00 PM | #14
I'd kill for a set of regular, black robes. Like what darth maul wore..

thecodont
01.29.2012 , 08:06 PM | #15
i just want my inquisitor to look like the evil emperor palpatine from return of the jedi.....just a black hooded robe

UncleDennis
01.29.2012 , 11:41 PM | #16
I'm level 46 and just have basic black robes with a hood that I modded out to be as good/better than current level stuff. I dread the moment when I hit 50 and have to start buying battlemaster gear.

strikeviperMKII
01.29.2012 , 11:48 PM | #17
Peacock=Epic.

Bindola
01.30.2012 , 12:03 AM | #18
I disagree, the sith of this game are not the same sith in the movies. They like to flant their power and "simple robes" are not their style (the pvp gear looks great btw) and art wise it is a bold and powerful design that they went with, last I checked bold and powerful was very sith.

The fact that the sith don't look the same as the movie versions is a good thing, it sets them apart from the movie giveing them some unique looks and in the movies the Sith were hideing from their enemy the Jedi, and in this game they are not. However i will admit that in would like to see the pointy wizard hat go away thats just absurd, maybe a hood with a mask instead?

strikeviperMKII
01.30.2012 , 01:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bindola View Post
However i will admit that in would like to see the pointy wizard hat go away thats just absurd, maybe a hood with a mask instead?
^^
Please BW listen to this.

Aristopantys
01.30.2012 , 01:06 AM | #20
I'm not fond of the conehead either, and what's with the spray painted canoes for shoulderpads? Other than the BT robes, the quest reward for the Revanite questline on DK is the closest to classic SW I've seen that's moddable.