Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage Juggernauts-Whats your rotation look like?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Rage Juggernauts-Whats your rotation look like?

grathom
12.15.2011 , 02:33 AM | #1
What does a dps rage juggernaut rotation look like? I ask because if I can get a standard rotation, I will understand what the more important abilities are. For 1 on 1 I would imagine it is important to get the 5 stacks of sundering assault on first.

But for a standard fight I would go Saber throw, force charge, smash, assault, vicious slash for rage while smash builds up, then smash again.

I know that this rotation is most likely flawed, so any constructive criticism, or a better rotation will be very appreciated.

Lord_Itharius
12.15.2011 , 05:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by grathom View Post
What does a dps rage juggernaut rotation look like? I ask because if I can get a standard rotation, I will understand what the more important abilities are. For 1 on 1 I would imagine it is important to get the 5 stacks of sundering assault on first.

But for a standard fight I would go Saber throw, force charge, smash, assault, vicious slash for rage while smash builds up, then smash again.

I know that this rotation is most likely flawed, so any constructive criticism, or a better rotation will be very appreciated.
y u no force scream?

Also, build ravages into your rotation between smash/scream cooldowns. Only vicious slash when you're in between smash/scream/obliterate cooldowns and ravage is on cooldown. It's pretty much a rage dump, although it's a little more effective with the talents in the Rage tree.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

TheHmm
12.17.2011 , 08:40 AM | #3
What guy above said...

Smash makes juicy...
Jar Jar: "Ahh, dat'sa better. Mesa like bein da Representative."

A low-flying air taxi collides with him, knocking him off the building. A few moments later there is a small and very final 'splat'.

Primalthirst
12.18.2011 , 01:25 AM | #4
Smash is an AoE ability so unless you've talented for the Accuracy debuff then it's probably not worth it 1v1
Important Rage abilities are:
Force Crush
Ravage
Obliterate
Vicious Slash
Saber Throw
Force Choke
+Generic Juggernaut/Warrior abilities
Being better than you at your spec since 11/27/2011

Animalcraker
01.18.2012 , 09:09 PM | #5
Quote:
Smash is an AoE ability so unless you've talented for the Accuracy debuff then it's probably not worth it 1v1
Smash isnít just a AoE for a Rage Spec Juggernaut if you Spec in Shockwave + Decimate from the Vengeance tree Smash hits harder than most of your other ability. Might just be the since Force charge and Obliterate will make smash a 100% crit.

I have just hit 50 I donít have pvp gear yet and Smash with 4 stack of Shockwave hits for 3k-4k on players that do look like they have decent amount of pvp gear to lower the damage. So I would consider using Smash on 1v1 and the AoE part would just be a bonus.

Morsexy
01.18.2012 , 11:06 PM | #6
I was typing this up for my guide when the servers went down, and when I submitted I lost everything like a nub. Ill have something up by later tonight.

Soonerjohn
01.18.2012 , 11:15 PM | #7
ST, charge, sundering, force crush, obliterate, sunder, smash, scream, sunder, ravage, smash, sunder, force crush, obliterate, sunder, smash, scream, sunder, assault, smash, etc.

Smash is always a dps gain, but do wait if force crush is coming off cooldown within 2 seconds. And always smash with 3 or more stacks, don't hold dps waiting for 4.
Zin - Bounty Hunter of Vulkar Highway(╯įį)╯︵ ┻━┻

joerumble
01.18.2012 , 11:26 PM | #8
From Sithwarrior>>

The best DPS I could crank out of the Rage rotation was as follows

5/5/31 Ragenaut

Battle Cry saves you 96 rage in 5 minutes and this rotation is essentially GCD locked, I don't see Dreadnaught overtaking Battle Cry until way down the line. There might be a Force Scream-less rotation that works as Vicious Strike has slightly better damage per rage but you lose range flexibility and of course have to deal with the awful Vicious Strike animation. Sunder stacks fall all the time so I took Improved Sundering Assault but really those points can go anywhere you like .. same with the points in Interceptor. Gravity Well/Intimidation are good spots, Unbreakable Rage isn't bad either.

Saber Throw > Force Leap > Sundering Assault > Force Crush/Choke > Obliterate > Smash > Scream > Retaliation > Ravage > Enrage > Assault

-No Vicious Strike (Not surprising)
-Sundering Assault on cooldown, (talented) Enrage on cooldown, Choke on cooldown, throw in around 2-3 Assaults per minute and there is enough rage gain for the rotation to be slightly net positive but only barely. 4pc Vindicator and additional Force Leaps give significant room for error.
-You only delay Smash if Obliterate is coming off cooldown (or a Leap opportunity is coming) and you have 3+ Shockwave stacks, otherwise use on CD.
-You only need one GCD between Crush and Smash to get the full benefit. The Shockwave stacks are calculated at animation completion, not key press.
-Vicious Throw replaces non Battle Cry Force Screams in execute range. 4pc Vindicator lets you use it on cooldown as filler after Scream but before Ravage.
-When you get 4pc Vindicator, Saber Throws replace Sundering. This is also when Retaliation becomes your best rage dump. You cannot afford the GCDs of Vicious Strike but you will be rage positive.
-Rage spec does not need Endless Rage to maintain the rotation but since you will sometimes miss a key Sundering Assault it really helps.
- It's always a DPS gain to Ravage as close to cooldown as possible, even if you can only do the first two hits before something stronger becomes available. The more you stagger your force cooldowns the easier the rotation is to manage but you get less Ravage which is a DPS loss.
- In actual combat scenarios, you are better off wasting some Rage than delaying any key cooldowns. For instance, if you have 10 rage and Sundering comes off cooldown, it's better to just Sunder and waste the one rage than to delay Sundering via Vicious Strike. Retaliation, however, is always fair game.

All in all, Rage Juggs are on paper better DPS than Vengeance but with a very high skill cap (godly cooldown management). The more you can Force Leap without DPS loss, the better the spec performs compared to Vengeance. Vengeance is better when there is less Sunder Armor. By the time you're in Columi gear, you're better off replacing all your Crit/Surge Enhancements with Power/X as the DRs on Crit/Surge kick in at 300/200 and Power is already your best stat after Strength.

Cempa
01.19.2012 , 03:07 AM | #9
PvP

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101cMZhMZGMRbdbRdGR.1

Saber Throw--->Force Charge--->Sundering Assault---->Force Crush/Force Choke--->Force Scream+Crush (me burst)---->Obliterate

Sundering Assault on CD / Obliterate on CD

Always Shockwave+Dominate your Crush and either have a free Force Scream ready OR a Obliterate ready followed by a Force Scream.

Note: I am about to completely remove Viscous Slash from my action bar!

I cast Ravage when I know the target has already used knockback.

Alchies
01.19.2012 , 06:24 AM | #10
My rotations aren't the best but.

Saber Throw. (To build some free rage)
  1. Force charge. (To get on your opponent, build rage and make your next smash a 100% crit.)
  2. Force Crush. (To build your shockwave buff to double your smash's damage. Main concept.)
  3. Force scream (Currently your buff has to reach four which takes about 3 seconds, so you can use two skills inbetween,
    [GCD = 1.5 second]
    if you use my build force scream is free of cost and crits really high end so it's nice to use this while waiting)
  4. Smash. (Whole idea of the rotation, and pretty much the climax)

Target usually isn't dead yet so, you do the same thing again but with your two other utilities. Soo..

5.. Force choke (At this point he'll probably be running away, it's a nice CC+Damage skill. And increases your next smash's hit ofcourse.)
6. Obliterate. (To make your next smash a guaranteed crit and to increase your movement speed by 40% as you're chasing the target.
7. Smash. (Seriously, he must be dead by now. You've dished out atleast 15k damage.)

8. Vicious throw. If the target is <=20% you use vicious throw. As this is the perfect finisher. Long ranged and deals a **** load of damage upon crit. Most opponents do not survive this.

Ofcourse this is completely situational, good players suspect smash nowdays and use a counter right before you use it. Remember to not be predictable. Weave in some vicious slashes, I personally don't use ravage. But some players can utilize it pretty alright. But if you fail at rage management just use sundering assault.

Also note this is completely situational depending on who and what you're fighting.

But rage's concept is basically; DoT (Choke/Crush) + Charge (Obliterate/ForceCharge) = High end smash crit.

Just don't be too predictable and try to use the element of surprise.