Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What a poor first impression

Zaletta
12.15.2011 , 02:24 AM | #1
After what I thought was a well organized beta test, I can see that bioware and team didnt think this out.

i purchased / pre-ordered and entered my code back in October.

I paid the extra for the early access, which should have started today.

I tried to contact their support team and no luck.

if i dont get in by noon tomorrow, ill just cancel the subscription.. I mean seriously, we all went through this with Warcraft almost 10 years ago.

Wonderful experience, hope you are all proud of yourselves.

Rulyen
12.15.2011 , 02:26 AM | #2
You should not have paid extra for EGA. It was included in any pre-order of the product. If you're talking about a $5 charge from Origin, that is just a holding and processing fee.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

Zaletta
12.15.2011 , 02:29 AM | #3
Missing the point, the whole promotion of the EGA was 5 days early access, this is what was sold and while the iota of discussion about the waves and what not can continue, seems silly to me.

The ad was very clear about the EGA, and its misleading..

the lack of support and the answering machine on the toll numbers that is not even routing calls except to a dead number is another really nice touch showing how importent the impression on the startup of this is..

more like disappointing and a repeat of the same old, not the breakaway I was expecting..

Typhonios
12.15.2011 , 02:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaletta View Post
After what I thought was a well organized beta test, I can see that bioware and team didnt think this out.

i purchased / pre-ordered and entered my code back in October.

I paid the extra for the early access, which should have started today.

I tried to contact their support team and no luck.

if i dont get in by noon tomorrow, ill just cancel the subscription.. I mean seriously, we all went through this with Warcraft almost 10 years ago.

Wonderful experience, hope you are all proud of yourselves.

Another qqing post in the most important section of this forum : Tech Support.

Please lock this and next time read more carefully, its UP to 5 days!
"I am not a man of words. But I respect the power of words, for that is what transformed me. The words of the Sith Code. Others had heard them, contemplated them, and so on. But I understood them, and they changed me. For what was I before I heard those words? Nothing."

Zaletta
12.15.2011 , 02:33 AM | #5
Look another person who feels they moderate the forums, go troll somewhere else.

And its not "up to 5 days" .. not the in the receipt that I have from Bioware, but thats for your comments however unhelpful they were.

this is a technical support thread, in the customer service community, and Im expressing myself, so you dont have to read nor comment.. thanks.

CaptNovogrod
12.15.2011 , 02:33 AM | #6
Yet another impatient person. *sigh*
CE VIP
"When in doubt, shoot it again."

Rulyen
12.15.2011 , 02:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaletta View Post
Missing the point, the whole promotion of the EGA was 5 days early access, this is what was sold and while the iota of discussion about the waves and what not can continue, seems silly to me.

The ad was very clear about the EGA, and its misleading..

the lack of support and the answering machine on the toll numbers that is not even routing calls except to a dead number is another really nice touch showing how importent the impression on the startup of this is..

more like disappointing and a repeat of the same old, not the breakaway I was expecting..
The promotion was up to 5 days of early access, of which we have only just hit the first of the 5 days they promoted for. Have a little more patience. Rockjaw is projecting hitting close to, if not including, the end of November with today's invitations, so odds are you'll be in by the weekend, still giving you 2 or 3 days of playtime.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

jakusza
12.15.2011 , 02:33 AM | #8
Bioware separate people:

- for those who can play
- for those who can do nothing, just pay for those who can play

Nubacat
12.15.2011 , 02:34 AM | #9
You paid no extra for early access, they said UP too 5 days, they are not obliged to give you or us anything.

overlordmike
12.15.2011 , 02:35 AM | #10
if you read the fine print of the preorder article. it clearly stated that the invites would be phased starting with the first to preorder.

that is why i preordered the day they announced it at 12am
i can feel the anger dwelling within