Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it worth continuing to level my OP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is it worth continuing to level my OP?

rushx
01.29.2012 , 10:30 AM | #1
This isnt a QQ thread

I recently started a opperative class , and i cant say im that impressed with it while doing pve for example it seems i can only really do nice dmg for like 5 seconds then its just rubbish rifle shot spam until i have enough energy for moves, i keep stim boost up etc ...

i dunno maybe i playing it wrong?

ive not got high enough yet for hidden strike , im only lvl 31 and i think you need 36? anyway from reading posts sounds like its going to do even less dmg and energy is going to run out even faster?

should i just play another class or will this class be good enough for long fights? as i see it this class was designed for short 1 on 1 fights in pvp and get ***** pretty fast unless u can vanish, and in pve its like i run out of pewpew too fast

i have a 50 BH merc pyrotech and its just good at everything and i have no complaints

like i said this isnt a qq thread i can esily re-roll sorc or soemthing i just want toknow if leveling it to 50 wont be a waste of time
Intel i5 2500k 3.30ghz @4.6ghz oc , Asus P8Z68-V mboard, Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB DDR3, Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W V2 PSU ,Corsair H60 liquid CPU Cooler Antec DF-10 case KFA2 560Ti Ex OC edition 27"iiyama ProLite 1080p Monitor Corsair 120gb Force 3 6gb/s SSD

Blue
01.29.2012 , 10:35 AM | #2
poo Class is poo

Edit: Edited for the kiddies
Elmdor Hellsing (Lowca) -- Former SWG Pre-CU Smuggler

rushx
01.29.2012 , 10:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Blue View Post
poo Class is poo

Edit: Edited for the kiddies
so your saying re-roll best option? damn how can a class get destroyed this early lol, if i make a sorc now which is likely it better not get nerfed into dust in 2 weeks liek this one did lol i will just go back to bh or play something else lol gw2 looking better and better :P
Intel i5 2500k 3.30ghz @4.6ghz oc , Asus P8Z68-V mboard, Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB DDR3, Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W V2 PSU ,Corsair H60 liquid CPU Cooler Antec DF-10 case KFA2 560Ti Ex OC edition 27"iiyama ProLite 1080p Monitor Corsair 120gb Force 3 6gb/s SSD

xxdragonragexx
01.29.2012 , 10:42 AM | #4
This is what operatives can do against equally geared players at the moment

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ight=griefer+i

Even with the nerfs, they will still be very good. Choosing a class in MMO depends on your playstyle. For example, I hate playing basic warrior classes but a lot of people like them. If you like playing fotm classes then you will constantly reroll.

thecoffeecup
01.29.2012 , 10:43 AM | #5
Well yeah, maybe you are playing it wrong. At least I don't recognize the hopeless situation. The weakness as I see it is how much you depend on TA and how slowly it is generated.

It does get better when you can open with Hidden Strike, not because of the damage alone, but because it gives you TA.

PS: I wouldn't believe anyone who calls this class FOTM. I sure didn't pick it for that reason, and unlike FOTM classes in general this one is underplayed. Least played on my server it seems.

rushx
01.29.2012 , 10:51 AM | #6
i never new it was op when i first made it i got to like lvl 6 then decided to go bounty hunter but after getting 50 on bh i decided to finish the imperial agent mostly because i think the story is good, im finding it when compared to bounty hunter very gimped in pve..

for example i can take out a whole grp of npc's on bounty hunter in just 1 move 2death from above" and it has lots other cool moves

and agent is more for short fights 1on 1 which is why i find this "nerf" strange because they are taking away the purpose of a op, maybe it does huge crits i dunno but 20% seems insane and the fact after burst has gone the dmg is so low unlike other claases that can burst non stop ie tracer missile rail shot unload etc

RocketL
01.29.2012 , 10:57 AM | #7
It's strong now, it will get weaker after the nerf. However, you think this class is already weak. So maybe it's not the right class for you.

Also, it gets better at 36, and 40-50 you (should) destroy.

I like big Hutts and I cannot lie.

chrisftw
01.29.2012 , 12:56 PM | #8
actually this is a QQ thread indirectly. and obviously a knee jerk reaction to an incoming nerf.

i wonder how many paladins rerolled when blizzard "fixed" Seal of Command so that it didn't double the damage output the outcry was fierce. however if you reroll now you'll be rerolling constantly because that's what happens in an MMO

OP classes get nerfed. then other classes get nerfed to meet those classes and so on and so on. the balancing act never stops. that's why they call it BALANCING.
Tell me more Brotholomew.

Tynis
01.29.2012 , 12:57 PM | #9
You have to ask yourself if you are having fun playing the class. Do you look forward to doing more quests and seeing where the story goes? If not then yes play something that you will have fun with. This is a game after all.
██☲☲☲☲()██‾\ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
Master Tylus Ravencourt = Council of Draay

Mindwormbified
01.29.2012 , 01:16 PM | #10
I would stop leveling this class based on how sucky the lacreation animation is and you're forced to look at it all the time as it's your bread and butter skill. You hit enemy with... a handle of your dagger or something like that. You can almost hurt yourself, not enemy.

Looks so lame I almost deleted my toon!