Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this computer good value for money?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Is this computer good value for money?

alexsurtees
12.15.2011 , 02:23 AM | #1

AzraelCales
12.15.2011 , 02:38 AM | #2
Yes that will run the game just fine on max settings.
Darth Sypherius - The world means nothing to a dreamer.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post
By all means, please proceed to pull out your MMO walking stick and wave it.

FantasyMeister
12.15.2011 , 02:48 AM | #3
Personally I'd be concerned about the HD6450, Tom's Hardware did a bench test with it and got SWTOR to run at between 25-30fps on low settings.

If it were me I'd copy down the rest of the specifications, take it into my local 'pc repairs' shop (lots of indie repair shops around now) and ask them to build something similar but with a more powerful graphics card, might get something for around 250-299 off the shelf that way if you don't mind second hand components.

It will run the game though, but I think you could get better for your money.
"Never underestimate the power of the Force. Or duct tape."

Zenzho
12.15.2011 , 03:03 AM | #4
Hi

Actually they are all good ideas, but also why don't you ask them to quote you for the rig without the graphics card and then just get your own. I am sure they will do that.

I run a similar rig with a hd 6950 I got it for 250 from a local store and it runs fine.

HD6960 = 250

HavenAE
12.15.2011 , 03:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenzho View Post
Hi

Actually they are all good ideas, but also why don't you ask them to quote you for the rig without the graphics card and then just get your own. I am sure they will do that.

I run a similar rig with a hd 6950 I got it for 250 from a local store and it runs fine.

HD6960 = 250

I agree the HD6950 works really well with this game. I average 45-70 fps with everything maxxed depending on where i am. Gonna pick up another in a couple of months and set up crossfire.
Have a complaint? Click this link before posting.

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

alexsurtees
12.15.2011 , 11:30 AM | #6
Thanks for your help so far, I don't really have the budget to buy a graphics card that expensive, can you suggest some good alternatives for a lower price? Say 100-150?

alexsurtees
12.15.2011 , 01:49 PM | #7
bumppp