Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Creation: Skin Color

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Character Creation: Skin Color

notebene
01.29.2012 , 10:08 AM | #1
Did they change some colors such that the numbers are the same as they used to be, but it didn't alter existing characters?

I'm trying to create some new characters, and I 'thought' I had written down the skin tone that I liked, but for some reason, after I create the character and toggle between it and my existing 40th level IA, she looks different? There isn't so much 'red' in it.

I can't for the life of me figure out what has changed. Now, at the character select screen, that is the only character I have that is shown on her space ship, is it possibly an environmental lighting thing?

Is there a way to see what numbers I used to build an existing character?
MOTD - One Giant Server - When I'll Need To Make My 'Bucket-List' List 1. I'm not having fun any more. 2. Puritans. 3. One or more characters were renamed in a server merge. 4. Something given to 'all characters on account' are not given to 'all characters on account'. 5. Design by Committee.

Aniline
01.29.2012 , 10:16 AM | #2
On your level 40 IA, is she going Dark Side and do you have the option in the Preferences selected to "Show Sith Corruption"?

If so, that will alter how your character appears in-game. Different colored eyes, skin, and complexion. Such options are not available at character creation.

notebene
01.29.2012 , 10:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aniline View Post
On your level 40 IA, is she going Dark Side and do you have the option in the Preferences selected to "Show Sith Corruption"?

If so, that will alter how your character appears in-game. Different colored eyes, skin, and complexion. Such options are not available at character creation.
She is, but I have that turned off.

I wonder if there is some residual that leaks through even when you have that off?

I don't know how to describe it, but all my other characters who I 'think' I'm giving the right color to, seem a bit more 'orange'. Not like crazy tanning booth orange, just a slight, natural tint.

My lead, I want to say there's a slight 'grey' to it, but that isn't right. It's more just a lack of that orange.

18 is the number I'm using. Now she 'might' have been 14, but that seems light to me. I suppose I'll go kill that last one I made and try again with the 14 and compare in the character select and see if that makes a difference.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a side effect of the environment the character is in in the character select screen.

Thank you, it was a good thought and something to consider if I hadn't thought of that.
MOTD - One Giant Server - When I'll Need To Make My 'Bucket-List' List 1. I'm not having fun any more. 2. Puritans. 3. One or more characters were renamed in a server merge. 4. Something given to 'all characters on account' are not given to 'all characters on account'. 5. Design by Committee.

Darthshnooky
01.29.2012 , 01:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by notebene View Post
I'm starting to wonder if it's a side effect of the environment the character is in in the character select screen.

Thank you, it was a good thought and something to consider if I hadn't thought of that.
The character select screen can have pretty dramatic lighting on it. Take your character outside on a daytime planet, turn so the light is on your face, and take a zoomed in screenshot -- then use this for comparison.