Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Class Switching

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Advanced Class Switching

McDoogs
12.20.2011 , 05:30 PM | #81
In the time some of you spent ************ about not being able to switch ACs you could have leveled another character to 10...

Vaishevik
12.20.2011 , 05:42 PM | #82
Wrong.

The time spent b****ing would have been wasted waiting in a queue.

aRtFuL
12.20.2011 , 05:54 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Jooji View Post
Why do you care if others can switch their AC? If you feel like it's such an "important" choice then you can just not take advantage of it...the stories are identical, ACs for each class are nearly identical, the only reason they're leaving it out is because bioware wants the appearance of 8 classes.
Advance Class is NOT a spec, it is a class of its own, despite the name.

It is a totally different class basically, the story is not the main point here.

What you are asking is basically same as asking can "I switch from a rogue to a warrior at will if I didn't like my choice and keep all the progress" here, you know that right?

Jenslyn
12.20.2011 , 08:15 PM | #84
The problem with the system is that you haven't really got any chance to try your spec before choosing it. It is very likely that you'll opt for something that you later find out just isn't you. After all, when you choose, you haven't even scratched the surface of the game.

If there is to be no way of switching, I think a much better model would be to let people switch between specs until, say, level 30 or 40, at which point your master or whatever would force you to CHOOSE YOUR PATH YOUNG SOMETHING at which point you have to choose.

Just the way I see it.
Story and PvE is fun but merely preparation for PvP for me - please don't neglect it

aRtFuL
12.20.2011 , 08:44 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenslyn View Post
The problem with the system is that you haven't really got any chance to try your spec before choosing it. It is very likely that you'll opt for something that you later find out just isn't you. After all, when you choose, you haven't even scratched the surface of the game.

If there is to be no way of switching, I think a much better model would be to let people switch between specs until, say, level 30 or 40, at which point your master or whatever would force you to CHOOSE YOUR PATH YOUNG SOMETHING at which point you have to choose.

Just the way I see it.
Again, it is advanced class is confused with specs here.

It is not a spec. Specs implies minor differences that you choose within a role (for example within a tank/dps role, whether you choose to be more tank or more dps oriented).

Advance classes are fundementally different roles. There is nothing similar between a sith sorcerer (a range class and a healer) vs a sith assassin (a melee stealther).

With the decision of advance claas you in reality are picking between 2 different classes.

That is why it shouldn't be possible to switch. Otherwise class choice becomes really pointless, since you can switch over to different roles at will.

To simply even further, there is in reality 8 classes each faction. The 4 base class just defines which category of class they are. This is the basic concept that needs to be understood.

jbktiger
12.20.2011 , 09:00 PM | #86
they should not.

advanced classes are your class in this game. you just pick them at 10 instead of 1. to be able to jump for a Jedi Shadow to a Jedi Sage....come on....that is silly.
Tiger

Drinking and gaming since...*hic*...what day is it?

therealjedi
12.20.2011 , 09:20 PM | #87
doesnt' take long to get to lvl 10..

Fathme
12.20.2011 , 09:56 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
Yeah,
Should not be able to switch AC.

Now it would be nice to have an item that lets you swap between two tree specs, ie your solo one and your group one, but within the same AC
this is exactly what mmo's should be avoiding, if you can do all three roles with one advanced class then it defeats the purpose of classes in the first place. WoW already screwed it up with druids, lawl @ range dps melee dps tank and dps, all with the flick of a switch.

Goose
12.20.2011 , 10:55 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by xioix View Post
i thought i could be a sith tank in pve and rdps in pvp but found out it's on diff acs...
You can tank and dps as a juggernaut you know...

LilTikiBoy
12.21.2011 , 01:29 AM | #90
my favorite part of this thread is that it's like 100 people saying no and the same 3 people saying it should be allowed.