Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Class Switching

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Advanced Class Switching

Uvirith
12.21.2011 , 02:27 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Jooji View Post
Why do you care if others can switch their AC? If you feel like it's such an "important" choice then you can just not take advantage of it...the stories are identical, ACs for each class are nearly identical, the only reason they're leaving it out is because bioware wants the appearance of 8 classes.
Because a game with only 4 classes (plus their mirrors) would suck?

and the ACs are definitely not identical, for instance Marauder and Juggernaut are different, by a longshot, same to Sniper and Operative.
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

Vespassian
08.29.2012 , 09:16 AM | #92
Bump. Want a Barbershop and AC switching so I don't have to reroll/delete characters.
We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Jack Nicholson, the Bucket List

Kitru
08.30.2012 , 07:59 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Vespassian View Post
Bump. Want a Barbershop and AC switching so I don't have to reroll/delete characters.
Thread necromancy ftw?

I'd agree with you on the barbershop (especially since we can switch out companion customization mods and change how our comps look as we see fit) and potentially a plastic surgeon to boot (such that you can change any detail about your character except the race), but I have to disagree with AC switching. Each AC is distinctly different from the other from its base class. They're completely different classes, for all intents and purposes, that just so happen to share a small number of abilities with another class (which, honestly, generally tend to only be used by one AC or the other).

The only possible way I could see allowing AC switching would be to have it take place as a part of a long quest string (probably soloable) that could only be completed once. Tie the story in to alternate dimensions or time travel or something of the kind to explain why your character all of the sudden forgot how to use 2 guns at once and decided to pick up a shotgun and stealth belt. The quest provides logical story-based explanation as well as preventing the AC switching from being done haphazardly.

Of course, I could just as easily see the developers forcing players to pay real money every time they want to AC switch a character. The real money transaction would act as a deterrent for too much swapping while generating additional revenue (and, for story purposes, could just as easily be explained as a Hutt Cartel mind rewiring device that your character paid to go through). This is probably the most likely path the developers will go with since it's something some players have wanted for a while that the developers have regularly stated they don't want to allow players to have, and the prospect of money has a habit of loosening morals a bit.

I don't ever plan on AC swapping characters since I've got one of each anyways, and I don't really see going through the same story a second time as necessarily being a waste (especially if you use different companions and/or LS/DS options to check out more of the dialogue and reactions) so, even if it's added, I don't plan on using it ever. As such, I just not as invested in the desire to see it happen as others are.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.