Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare is too easy

-Arcane-
01.29.2012 , 07:14 AM | #1
Why is it called Nightmare when its basically the same as normal but with a little more health or damage.

Wheres the additional mechanics, wheres the raid bosses that take a week of play time to figure out and master the mechanics.

If this is the standard we can expect then you can wave goodbye to the raiding portion of your community, allready some in my guild are bored, full battlemaster finished all content zzz.

Wheres the competative pvp or difficult endgame?

Without these SWTOR wont last a year.
Arcane Nerdherder - GM of Glory Guild on Niman
PvE Completion 10/10 Nightmare 16man - Videos

Gone to Play Diablo III, SWTOR failed.

Gerudan
01.29.2012 , 07:32 AM | #2
yeah. Karagga should grow legs and start to walk...oh wait...

Just accept, that SWTOR is no game for hardcore raiders. By now only a mere fraction of the millions of WoW players have ever seen Ragnaros in heroic mode, let alone beaten him and that is clearly not the approach that Bioware has taken so far with their raid content.

They want to make it accessible for the larger part of the player, I guess.

sdeha
01.29.2012 , 07:35 AM | #3
Three tier system to difficulty clearly does not allow them to create encounters that are accessible, but can also be really challenging. Also Nightmare clearly does not sound like it is extremely hard.

Hostyle
01.29.2012 , 08:41 AM | #4
Name me an MMO that at release satisfied hardcore raiders? There are none. Every game is released with the focus on the rush to level cap. Later is when raiding is addressed. If youve played an MMO you know this and accept it.

Munx
01.29.2012 , 08:42 AM | #5
Keep in mind this is the first tier of bosses.. limits to how difficult it can be made, something needs to stay holy for the later tiers.
Dark Knight of the forums.

Pengant
01.29.2012 , 09:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Munx View Post
Keep in mind this is the first tier of bosses.. limits to how difficult it can be made, something needs to stay holy for the later tiers.
That makes no sense at all.

Each boss has 3 difficulty settings......

Like most things in this game, if you can call it that (most would call it a 'frustration'), it looks like it should work, but simply doesn't. You would expect given the 3 difficult settings that Nightmare would be tuned to be.....well..... a Nightmare. The truth is though that the developers put little thought into it, and assumed 'gief boss 10% moar hp here' would be enough to warrant the higher difficulty. They did not include more mechanics or come up with anthing unique at all.

I'd like to point out as well that this isn't 2004. This isn't the first time people have seen raiding before. Even casuals have been trained on raiding bosses for years since wow released, so unless Bioware announces some changes or new content in 2-3 weeks i predict mass quanities of players leaving the game. Even casuals expect challenging content at end game.

Menisong
01.29.2012 , 10:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hostyle View Post
Name me an MMO that at release satisfied hardcore raiders? There are none. Every game is released with the focus on the rush to level cap. Later is when raiding is addressed. If youve played an MMO you know this and accept it.
MMO developers love you and your mentality. It allows them to put out a crap product and "fix" it later. This is 2012 expectations are changing....thats a good thing, get on board

Shakaff
01.29.2012 , 10:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Pengant View Post

unless Bioware announces some changes or new content in 2-3 weeks i predict mass quanities of players leaving the game. Even casuals expect challenging content at end game.
yey another prediction

Dharkeon
01.29.2012 , 11:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Menisong View Post
MMO developers love you and your mentality. It allows them to put out a crap product and "fix" it later. This is 2012 expectations are changing....thats a good thing, get on board
You mean the ol' famous "I want it nao!"-Mentality? Yeah.. that works sorta nice in a 7 years old MMO. Hell - even on any other type of game you purchase.

On a brand new game of this kind.... either loose the mentality and get realistic or be ready for a world of frustration, disappointment and rage.

That said... get on board here.
Keep it simple. It will help you get further. ~

schnopsnosn
01.29.2012 , 11:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pengant View Post

Each boss has 3 difficulty settings......

Like most things in this game, if you can call it that (most would call it a 'frustration'), it looks like it should work, but simply doesn't. You would expect given the 3 difficult settings that Nightmare would be tuned to be.....well..... a Nightmare. The truth is though that the developers put little thought into it, and assumed 'gief boss 10% moar hp here' would be enough to warrant the higher difficulty. They did not include more mechanics or come up with anthing unique at all.

I'd like to point out as well that this isn't 2004. This isn't the first time people have seen raiding before. Even casuals have been trained on raiding bosses for years since wow released, so unless Bioware announces some changes or new content in 2-3 weeks i predict mass quanities of players leaving the game. Even casuals expect challenging content at end game.
You assume everyone has been playing MMOs before TOR.
I haven't and I am having a lot of fun trying to clear the Ops.
On my server we have two guilds that are content clear on 8-man and are struggling on 16 man right now so I don't see how the content is "too easy"
It's not supposed to be so insanely hard that only veterans have a chance of clearing it because it will put the rest of the community off.