Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Krel Thak hardmode is a terribly designed encounter.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Krel Thak hardmode is a terribly designed encounter.

KurtDunn
01.29.2012 , 07:11 AM | #1
The designer should be ashamed. I had to google this fight to see why we were dying. And even then I don't know why the man's damage ramps up drastically to two or three shotting people.

I don't know how to complete this encounter, even with the guide's help. I don't have any feedback as to why people start dying from damage that comes from seemingly nowhere. What am I doing wrong and how can a group avoid from being killed by this miniboss. A MINIBOSS THAT IS HARDER THAN ACTUAL BOSSES WHAT THE HELL WAS THE DESIGNER THINKING?!

Iwipe
01.29.2012 , 07:46 AM | #2
First of all, this is not a mini boss. It is a full boss.

I am not sure which guide you have read but I do have quite a bit on this guy.

https://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/201...rmal-hardmode/

The main thing I want to emphasize is that melee cannot get near the boss when he has his proximity probe up because they will possibility kill themselves and put additional stress on the healer.

Bringing 2 ranged dps for this make it really easy.

Also, you can skip him if you feel the fight is too challenging. Just have tank run all the way past Krel with defensive cooldowns until the quest updates while the rest of the group exit area.

KiranK
01.29.2012 , 09:23 AM | #3
It's not just melee that will suicide if they touch him while his shield is up. The shield does not discriminate, unlike most other bosses. When the flash bang goes off, do NOT touch him. Pull him away from his spawn point towards the doors you came in when you first pull him in order to give you more time to let the stun from his grenade go away so that you can take out the adds. No one said you had to stand there and fight solely on his terms. If you follow these simple tricks he's actually quite easy. Just, literally, take a step back.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Havocx
01.29.2012 , 09:51 AM | #4
The only problem I have with this guy is his random target mechanic. If it was just one attack, fine... but he'll just switch targets then continuously attack that person. I've seen heavy armor DPS just get murdered by him. It's like Jindo Krey's random target bullcrap all over again.