Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Increase level 2 speeder %

Cormey
01.29.2012 , 07:04 AM | #21
I'm all for faster speeders.

Remember the movies? yeah those things created a long time ago in an industry far, far away? Remember the speeders in them? ZOOOOM! really fast, so fast everything was almost a blur.

When i think of the speeders in this game i can't even think of any real world analogy. I'd say those carts that old people get around on, but i've seen those actually go faster than what we get in TOR. That's right, old people who can barely walk and need mechanized help in the real world, get to go faster than we do in TOR.

I always read people asking for speeder races, yeah that's gonna be nail biting at the snails pace they currently go.
Syff, Suder, Lieutenant Lonn, Captain Maureen.
Tassitan, Darth Vandicus, Agent Cormoran, Marin.
Blazerunner legacy, Lord Adraas server

The sees all

JackalTurner
01.29.2012 , 07:13 AM | #22
I think the speeders need to be faster.

Now, Im realistic too. They will NEVER be the speed of the speeders in the movies. Those things moved far to fast for an MMO.

However, when Im sitting on my speeder cruisin across the planet I never really feel like Im in a vehicle ment to realisticly transport me anywhere. The scenary around me does not go by fast enough. They are just too slow

They dont need to move at lightspeed. I'd love to see the 40 speeder be 150% and the 50 speeder be 200%
That would be proper speed and realistically obtainable for the game. The upgrades would feel more worth it, and each speeder would be much better than the last.

illgot
01.29.2012 , 07:14 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by --Gunner-- View Post
i think everyone here would agree that 210k is to much for a 10% increase 10 is nothing. in wow u got a 40% increase.. then a 110% increase, then ANOTHER 100% increase!!! (only if u had the mount) i move to slow in this game!!!! im not saying i want flying mounts. i just want a speeder that moves with a little more....awsome?
I think in WoW the actual game is much MUCH bigger so they can afford to allow us faster mounts.

If we actually went that fast in TOR the mobs wouldn't have a change to react even if we sped right through them.

JackalTurner
01.29.2012 , 07:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
I think in WoW the actual game is much MUCH bigger so they can afford to allow us faster mounts.

If we actually went that fast in TOR the mobs wouldn't have a change to react even if we sped right through them.
Thats a problem? Riding the 50 speeder you can go through the mobs anyway and unless its a boss or something you are pretty much guranteed to just keep on going.

Heck, you can do this with the 40 speeder sometimes too. The only speeder that requires you to go around mobs is the first one.

Id LIKE a speeder that lets me speed past the trash mobs faster. Who wants to stick around to fight a mob that you dont need to fight, especially at 50.

Senatsu
01.29.2012 , 07:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JackalTurner View Post
Now, Im realistic too. They will NEVER be the speed of the speeders in the movies. Those things moved far to fast for an MMO.
If you think even more realistically: anything moving at the speed the speeders are in the game, would be unable to keep themselves in the air. It's just not physically possible since they don't create enough momentum.
If they were to change the name from speeder to hoverbikes or something, then it would be more believable.

augustus_rpg
01.29.2012 , 07:21 AM | #26
I agree with OP, speeders feel slow. I'm on Hoth right now and that world in particular is covered in looong streches of nothing, and I find myself wishing I could move faster.

I was thinking "oh I see I'll ding 40 then BAM big speed increase!) then I trained it and it was a 10% boost, barely noticeable.

If you run at 30 miles and hour (and you don't, it's more like 15) then 100% increase is 60 miles/hour, i.e. about half of what the average car can make top speed.

So much for technology of the future....

owenthorn
01.29.2012 , 07:22 AM | #27
they added mounts, but then made it so any mob can yell at, explode you bike and you lay on the ground doing the kickin chickin while they all beat you half to death, or kill you

they made them useless, way to go

JackalTurner
01.29.2012 , 07:27 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
If you think even more realistically: anything moving at the speed the speeders are in the game, would be unable to keep themselves in the air. It's just not physically possible since they don't create enough momentum.
If they were to change the name from speeder to hoverbikes or something, then it would be more believable.
Well technically in Star Wars lore they have a technology called Repulsorlift that is used in conjunction with regular engines. In essence, this is anti-gravity. It is what keeps the speeder off the ground, while the engines are what propel it. Its what allowed the speeder bikes in RotJ to hover even when no one was on them.

So speed isnt a factor in keeping flight in Star Wars.

Talrol
01.29.2012 , 07:27 AM | #29
I'm all for increasing speed on speeders, but only if they make faster speeders more susceptible to the rider being thrown, either by being hit by blaster fire, or running into anything that would normally stop a speeders forward progress (i.e. Allow them to crash into the edge of a bridge because you didn't hit the actual path) while also throwing the rider x number of meters and taking damage similar to fall damage.

Striker
01.29.2012 , 07:32 AM | #30
I think they should just lower the speed of the first and 2nd speeder and keep the 3rd at 110% That way you can get a nice 25% speed increase each new speeder training you get.

Troll Toll
The Twin Spears
Hardcore Mentality. Casual Raiding Schedule