Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Increase level 2 speeder %

Xerda
01.29.2012 , 06:50 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Stejo View Post
If your point was that you have an allergy to wow, you made it abundantly clear, yes. How does your allergy apply to the topic of the thread however?

Your average run speed on foot is 15mph, a speeder that increases this by 100% is traveling at 30mph. At which point do you stop calling it a "speeder"?
Yeah it's not speedy by any stretch of the imagination. Reminds me more of a motability scooter they give the elderly LOL
Help me, Bio-Ware Support; you're my only hope.

Toweleeeie
01.29.2012 , 06:51 AM | #12
The lvl 3 speeders should be at least 210% to 300%. They are speeders right? In the Star Wars universe right? At 50 it will not effect leveling speed bc you are 50.
I like turtles

thomasgallant
01.29.2012 , 06:51 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerda View Post
Yeah it's not speedy by any stretch of the imagination. Reminds me more of a motability scooter they give the elderly LOL
i dont see how a 100% speed increase isnt considered speedy to you..do you want them to travel at lightspeed.

personally if someone told me they could make me run 100% faster than I currently do. I would definitly consider that speedy..
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Senatsu
01.29.2012 , 06:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasgallant View Post
the areas are not incredibly huge... Fall out has incredibly huge areas you need to run through.. these are small in comparison to alot of games... early EQ had much larger runs and you had no mounts at all.
Fallout is a single-player game and EQ launched 13 years ago. Times change and MMOs evolve. This game is one of the biggest in size every created, just look at how small WoW's world is compared to this game; some planets are the equivalent of 8-9 WoW zones, that is huge. Considering the amount of planets you can easily see that it trumps WoW in size. This only stresses the need for higher movement speed or at least cheaper than it is now when you think of the little you get for the cost (being able to take more damage before you get thrown off is kinda "meh", convenient at times, but I'd take higher speed or cheaper training over that any day of the week).

Toweleeeie
01.29.2012 , 06:53 AM | #15
i dont see how a 100% speed increase isnt considered speedy to you..do you want them to travel at lightspeed.

personally if someone told me they could make me run 100% faster than I currently do. I would definitly consider that speedy..
Keyword there is "run". We are not getting an increase to run speed, we are getting a new vehicle to ride on.
I like turtles

Stejo
01.29.2012 , 06:53 AM | #16

Get some rollerblades?

Senatsu
01.29.2012 , 06:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
The lvl 3 speeders should be at least 210% to 300%. They are speeders right? In the Star Wars universe right? At 50 it will not effect leveling speed bc you are 50.
The vehicle Darth Maul used in Star Wars: Episode 1, now THAT is a proper speeder. Took less than 1 second before he was out of sight.

Xerda
01.29.2012 , 06:55 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Stejo View Post
Get some rollerblades?
LOL Great answer.
Help me, Bio-Ware Support; you're my only hope.

thomasgallant
01.29.2012 , 06:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
Fallout is a single-player game and EQ launched 13 years ago. Times change and MMOs evolve. This game is one of the biggest in size every created, just look at how small WoW's world is compared to this game; some planets are the equivalent of 8-9 WoW zones, that is huge. Considering the amount of planets you can easily see that it trumps WoW in size. This only stresses the need for higher movement speed or at least cheaper than it is now when you think of the little you get for the cost (being able to take more damage before you get thrown off is kinda "meh", convenient at times, but I'd take higher speed or cheaper training over that any day of the week).

I actually said cheeper is more logical than increased speed.

and to the other poster..yes it is a vehicle and it moves faster than you do running.. i do not see where the problem is..people complain that this game goes to fast as it is..

I still do not see how people think this game is huge.

you can run across most maps in little time without a speeder. they are large..but by no means are they mind numbingly large that make you want to pull your hair out.

maybe i just have more patience than some people.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Branclor
01.29.2012 , 07:03 AM | #20
Faster mounts would make the terrain load and mobs spawn faster etc. Good luck playing the game cruising around in 300-400% speed