Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Consular story....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Jedi Consular story....

Mekias
01.29.2012 , 05:39 AM | #1
Is a yawn-fest.

I'm only on the prologue still (I think?), level 21 on my Shadow on Nar Shaddaa.

Please tell me it gets better?

Crawling_Drunk
01.29.2012 , 06:12 AM | #2
I'm lvl 27 on Tatooine... And i'm still kinda yawning... I'm creating a smuggler sometime tonight, seems like their story is way funner.

Phydra
01.29.2012 , 08:57 AM | #3
Level 50 Consular Sage here; wasn't bored at all. Simply put, if you don't like diplomacy and following the Jedi Code, you're probably not going to be impressed with the consular storyline.

You're essentially playing an Obi-esque character; as you might recall, they're somewhat low-key until they absolutely have no other choice. For folk looking for excitement, thrills, and action, this likely doesn't hit the sweet spot of expectation. Then again, for those who get diplomacy as a profession and its affect on much larger events, it is exciting, thrilling, and action-filled.

(And no, the storyline doesn't really "change" except that your encounters with the "evil" folk get harder as you go along.)

My $0.02 worth.
Need a solid, casual guild? Consider Forceful on Mind Trick - fun, nice, and social, of course!

Too casual? Ok; find the right guild for you here: Guild Quiz!

Nepumuk
01.29.2012 , 11:39 AM | #4
Try out the Inquisitor. That would let you exchange the story with keeping the combat play style. See if it appeals better to your attitude and then let us know what you think in comparison. This would be a bit more constructive than being just another body in the sea of forum trolls.
/cjoin LFG on The Red Eclipse

Saseav
01.29.2012 , 02:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mekias View Post
Is a yawn-fest.

I'm only on the prologue still (I think?), level 21 on my Shadow on Nar Shaddaa.

Please tell me it gets better?
it's pretty amazing.
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Master-Nala
01.29.2012 , 02:42 PM | #6
I think the story is great. Act I does drag on a bit too long, but overall, I think it's great.

Adventure...hmph.....excitement....hmph.....A jedi craves not these things.

Onager
01.29.2012 , 03:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Phydra View Post
Level 50 Consular Sage here; wasn't bored at all. Simply put, if you don't like diplomacy and following the Jedi Code, you're probably not going to be impressed with the consular storyline.

You're essentially playing an Obi-esque character; as you might recall, they're somewhat low-key until they absolutely have no other choice. For folk looking for excitement, thrills, and action, this likely doesn't hit the sweet spot of expectation. Then again, for those who get diplomacy as a profession and its affect on much larger events, it is exciting, thrilling, and action-filled.

(And no, the storyline doesn't really "change" except that your encounters with the "evil" folk get harder as you go along.)

My $0.02 worth.
The above two credits worth only applies if you're playing your Consular as a primarily Light-sided character.

Dark side: You get to punch an old man in the face.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Phydra
01.29.2012 , 05:09 PM | #8
There is that; I didn't at all address the light/dark options (mostly because I'm Light V and can't speak to both).

Perhaps the dark side story gets more interesting, but I suspect only in that "trying to hide your true nature" way... after all, someone on the Jedi Council is bound to notice, right?

Oh. Wait. Long history of "surprise" betrayals and defections.

Nevermind.
Need a solid, casual guild? Consider Forceful on Mind Trick - fun, nice, and social, of course!

Too casual? Ok; find the right guild for you here: Guild Quiz!

Alesh
01.29.2012 , 05:32 PM | #9
I think the main problem is having to track master after master to give them your shielding (which supposedly weakens you but not really). It gets repetitive. Oh and getting our romances last, so they end up very rushed, and one of them is a padawan, which seems even worse. Should've added her to the team before Balmorra and done more with her training, maybe up to her becoming a knight.

Making a holocron, messing with ancient force artifacts and diplomacy are all fine.

rocdogg
01.29.2012 , 05:47 PM | #10
I thought it was a little slow, but it does get better. Some parts are very moving. If you read the class description, you already knew what to expect. However, it does fit the "sage" archetype much better than the "shadow".