Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do Fans turn Star Wars into Dragon Ball Z

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why do Fans turn Star Wars into Dragon Ball Z

Riggnas
01.29.2012 , 04:50 AM | #1
Why do we keep Saying? Jedi/Sith X can never beat Jedi/Sith Y because the forcepowers........yada yada yada Relics.......yada yada yada lightsaber form...............

In my personal experience in hand to hand combat. martial arts, combat sport. "Every dog has it's day." Provided there is a certain skill level and proper motivation.

hobofett
01.29.2012 , 05:26 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggnas View Post
Why do we keep Saying? Jedi/Sith X can never beat Jedi/Sith Y because the forcepowers........yada yada yada Relics.......yada yada yada lightsaber form...............

In my personal experience in hand to hand combat. martial arts, combat sport. "Every dog has it's day." Provided there is a certain skill level and proper motivation.
I tend to find that whoever fights dirtiest wins.
The Ewoks will rise and under my rule will invade the galaxy!

So sayeth I Darth Grub, the universe's ONLY Ewok Sith Lord!

Riggnas
01.29.2012 , 05:48 AM | #3
That is a very true statement

kionter
01.29.2012 , 07:39 AM | #4
It all depends on their power level.

Luminen
01.29.2012 , 08:38 AM | #5
Well Jedi/Sith X has a power level of over nine thousand, while Jedi/Sith Y is only 4,000.

Though you have a point. It's not always cut and paste, this guy always wins, the great Sith/Jedi can make a mistake. Look at Darth Maul, he easily outmatched both Qui Gon and Obi Wan, when he was still 2 years younger then Obi Wan at the time. His abilities surpassed them, but his Downfall was letting his guard down when he believed Obi Wan had no way of fighting back, he thought he didn't have to worry, but due to this Obi Wan surprised and beat him.

Sidious will usually win a fight, but have a thousand replay fights against another sith, say Vitiate, and Sidious would lose at least once.
"Sometimes one must sacrifice greatly in order to keep moving forward."

Murasakikitsune
01.29.2012 , 10:22 AM | #6
Not just the fans, but the sanctioned writers as well. Post-Episode-VI really did get to be like Dragonball Z, and it's hard for me to enjoy anything Star Wars related when I'm reminded of how the plot will eventually turn to ****.

Just look at the ending of Episode VI. Even the all-powerful Sideous was killed in a normal manner. That gave his power a great deal more meaning.

Absolute power absolutely corrupts plots.

Manxus
01.29.2012 , 10:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Luminen View Post
Well Jedi/Sith X has a power level of over nine thousand, while Jedi/Sith Y is only 4,000.

Though you have a point. It's not always cut and paste, this guy always wins, the great Sith/Jedi can make a mistake. Look at Darth Maul, he easily outmatched both Qui Gon and Obi Wan, when he was still 2 years younger then Obi Wan at the time. His abilities surpassed them, but his Downfall was letting his guard down when he believed Obi Wan had no way of fighting back, he thought he didn't have to worry, but due to this Obi Wan surprised and beat him.

Sidious will usually win a fight, but have a thousand replay fights against another sith, say Vitiate, and Sidious would lose at least once.
Well-put! I have heard countless people go on and on about Maul's death. What you say is absolutely true and can be seen in every single PVP game. The winner likes to taunt, gloat and bask in their glory, only to get shot in the back. Gears of War 3's execution ability is the perfect example.
Ceveron Arcadax-lvl 43 Bounty Hunter-Lord Calypho

Wolfninjajedi
01.29.2012 , 10:52 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoeTuah View Post
Not just the fans, but the sanctioned writers as well. Post-Episode-VI really did get to be like Dragonball Z, and it's hard for me to enjoy anything Star Wars related when I'm reminded of how the plot will eventually turn to ****.

Just look at the ending of Episode VI. Even the all-powerful Sideous was killed in a normal manner. That gave his power a great deal more meaning.

Absolute power absolutely corrupts plots.
Ah....Han Solo killed Palpatine in the EU :P so he died a normal way there too, blaster to the back.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Murasakikitsune
01.29.2012 , 11:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ah....Han Solo killed Palpatine in the EU :P so he died a normal way there too, blaster to the back.
Was that his final death? I couldn't read anymore after I learned that Palpatine had a cloning facility where his soul could be infinitely reborn. Reading past that was almost physically painful.

Wolfninjajedi
01.29.2012 , 11:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoeTuah View Post
Was that his final death? I couldn't read anymore after I learned that Palpatine had a cloning facility where his soul could be infinitely reborn. Reading past that was almost physically painful.
Ya that was his final death.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.