Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concerns about the bridge to Hard Modes

Gilthandir
01.29.2012 , 02:30 AM | #1
Coming from WoW like many, leveled a Jedi Sentinel and loved the questing and story experience. I was pretty pumped to dive right into HM flash points and end game content.

Then was told by someone that my gear was not good enough. They told me that to run Hard Modes I have to grind Dailies. I am fine with doing this, but it seems kind of....lame.

Is the path to end game stuff like Hard Mode Flash Points, seriously playing for an hour everyday through repetitive and less the amazing content? Even if they can be done by fresh 50's, without the tool of a Flash Point Que, it seems the community of players is unwilling to bring anyone that hasn't geared as far as they possibly can without doing the content. So my question is, is this how it is supposed to be and in the future, is this system going to continue to be the bridge to end game content, because in my opinion it's an unfortunate flaw in a game I really like.

Cynistra
01.29.2012 , 03:02 AM | #2
You don't need to farm dailies to get geared up to do HM flashpoints. I would not recommend doing HM FP at all actually, as it is a waste of time for the most part. Unless you like to kill the same bosses over and over and never see any gear, then maybe you will enjoy them. You don't need to gear up for OP anyways as the normal mode is basically free-loot.

Atheyn
01.29.2012 , 03:03 AM | #3
Go on the ah and buy a few things.. If credits is a prob go do dailies.. If you dont want to do normal ilum + d7. Not that hard .. after that you should grab a **** ton of tionese + columi peices from hardmodes.. btw dailies give rakata ear + implant so you should do em
Smugglers are not op.

-Neomop-
01.29.2012 , 03:07 AM | #4
Did you honestly think that you'd be able to run endgame content just because you ding'd 50?

Work for it. And dont be a burden for your teammates.

Ineedmoreletters
01.29.2012 , 03:08 AM | #5
Ah gear and correllia mark items should be more than adequate if everyone does there part.

Cynistra
01.29.2012 , 03:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by -Neomop- View Post
Did you honestly think that you'd be able to run endgame content just because you ding'd 50?

Work for it. And dont be a burden for your teammates.
Yes, he should be able to do it, because that is exactly what I did and it worked fine. If you need daily comms gear to "not be a burden" to your teammates, I really feel sorry for you. Because HM flashpoints are so hard right?

dcgregorya
01.29.2012 , 04:08 AM | #7
You can run EV straight on 50 in normal mode if you have the skill (and it does take quite a bit in terms of positioning Soa and perpetuating debuffs and clinch healing).

Gilthandir
01.29.2012 , 07:14 AM | #8
My issue is with the system its self. If you think having dailies as a bridge between 50 and hard modes is a good idea, I disagree, strongly. My point is that I should be rewarded for hitting max level with fun and enjoyable content, not days if not weeks of grinding content that is not fun.

I know you probably can do them in fresh 50 gear, but as a solo player with no real life friends on the server, it becomes an issue when I can't get a group because the community seems to only accept those who are in as best gear as possible. I'm not refusing to do the dailies and I'm marching through it, but it's an extreme turn off to end game content IMO. You don't have to make HM's do able be ding 50's (but it seems that is the case anyway), but give me something non disheartening to do to "earn" it.

Coming from having years and years of raiding normals and heroic raids, I absolutely love the story in flash points and raids, I just really think they are not taking advantage of it by making it accessible to a wider base of their players. Being stuck in the "I know I'm good enough to do this, but people won't take me.", zone is kind of a big annoyance.

slmaril
01.29.2012 , 11:15 AM | #9
I think the assumption that diving straight into HMs after hitting 50 and finishing the story really is a bit too assuming, and honestly, needing to gear up in regular dungeons and dailies isn't any different from WoW.

I played WoW for almost 7 years, and when I hit 85, I wasn't able to walk into Heroics, I had to run normal dungeons first, like Normal Flashpoints here, which shouldn't be disheartening, or a turn off, it's basically just doing the same thing as HMs, just easier.

Vastian
01.29.2012 , 11:27 AM | #10
If you fill any green gaps in your armor and don't have less than 48 rated mods you're good to go if you're a decent player.

No need to grind
-V
Versus Terminus
Dark Side for life