Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Make up for HM EV

Kazemplor
01.28.2012 , 05:29 PM | #1
Ok so with people finally being geared for it i have decided to take my guild in to HM EV.
We usually run 1 Tank (Jugg) 2 Heals(Sorc/Op) 5 DPS (4 Sorcs/2 Mercs). Last night we Face-rolled EV and killed SoA during the 2nd bubble pop.

So the Question is: Is HM EV doable with 1 tank? Or do i need to switch things around to allow a 2nd tank? And with the fact that we havnt hit an enrage timer and killed SoA on 2nd pop, HM feasable for us right?

And yes trolls in know HM is easy/faceroll/ionlycareaboutrealresponses
Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional - Jamy Balum

Xermalk
01.28.2012 , 05:56 PM | #2
Nope, everything in this game seems to be doable with only 1 tank.
Its only the droid boss in kraggs palace that needs tank swapping because of a debuff.

Iandayen
01.28.2012 , 06:47 PM | #3
Don't need to tank swap or have 2 tanks for anything in 8 man.

Terrrr
01.28.2012 , 07:15 PM | #4
And it's really facerolling except of soa, ur setup is near perfect, but for nightmare u probally need maradeur for their bloodlust. Only meaning difference between normal is lightning balls on soa need to be exploded, merc with their shield wall (or whatever it called) can do that, when u figure out how to handle those balls soa is dead.
gl

Sujimichi
01.28.2012 , 07:18 PM | #5
You'll be fine with having 1 dps class with def gear. We run a very heavy melee group (2 sentinels, 1 guard dps (me) and a shadow dps). We just cleared HM EV for the first time 2 hours ago, with 2 healers, 1 tank (vanguard) and the rest dps. The only time i'm needed to put on some def gear, is in Karagga's Palace with the G4 B3 robot.
Isylia - lvl 50 guardian

GM of Distortion, PVE guild on the PVP realm Tott Doneeta

Exertim
01.28.2012 , 07:19 PM | #6
Everything in 8man is doable with 1 tank, including the droid boss in Karagga's (HM/NM). I don't know what sorcery he uses, but our Shadow tank just sits there with 10 debuff stacks and tanks it fine. Probably has something to do with Shadows being more avoidance tanks that don't really rely on AC in the first place.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

Iandayen
01.28.2012 , 07:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Exertim View Post
Everything in 8man is doable with 1 tank, including the droid boss in Karagga's (HM/NM). I don't know what sorcery he uses, but our Shadow tank just sits there with 10 debuff stacks and tanks it fine. Probably has something to do with Shadows being more avoidance tanks that don't really rely on AC in the first place.
Yeah we use an assassin, same thing.