Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darksaber?

Leoxastarth
12.15.2011 , 01:27 AM | #1
Was just watching a couple of my friends have a rather heated discussion about this, 1 side saying they wanted a darksaber in SWTOR (By that meaning a black color crystal) and the other side saying that would be utterly, stupid / lore-screwing and whatnot.

Have not got a firm position myself, but does anyone have any info on this?

Leoxastarth
12.15.2011 , 01:30 AM | #2
No one at all have info on how many colors available?

yomanaaiton
12.15.2011 , 01:32 AM | #3
The preorder crystal is basically a darksaber... except with piss all over it.

It looks absolutely terrible.

I really hope they remove them from the game, but I doubt it.

KiroLM
12.15.2011 , 01:32 AM | #4
Bumblesaber.

</thread>

Credits to whoever coined that in whatever thread that was in.

Indurin
12.15.2011 , 01:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by yomanaaiton View Post
The preorder crystal is basically a darksaber... except with piss all over it.

It looks absolutely terrible.

I really hope they remove them from the game, but I doubt it.
I think a better pre-order option crystal-wise would be to just let you choose from a few. You could choose from some of the semi-rare crystal options like purple or orange, but not from the very rare ones like white. This lets everyone get a crystal they like, without everyone using one color because it's a special crystal.

As for the issue of black sabers, i'm not a big fan of them.. but they do have white, so i can't see why they wouldn't add it eventually.

Astasia
12.15.2011 , 01:35 AM | #6
There's a pure black color crystal in the DB, but doesn't yet show up as a part with stats AFAIK.

Edit: I like the preorder crystal and the blue-black and red-black crystals.

marshalleck
12.15.2011 , 01:35 AM | #7
There are sabers with black cores and all current color hues in the game.

Current color hues are blue, green, yellow, orange, red, and purple. Most of these sabers with the black core and color hue are high level/level 50 items. There are also silver/white sabers, but I don't know if there is a black core with silver corona.

pezdevil
12.15.2011 , 01:35 AM | #8
As I recall, there were black color crystals in the Force Unleashed games, though I am unsure if those are considered canon. Even if they are thats 3000 yrs in the future of this timelime so who knows. The precedent is there though.

opticalshadow
12.15.2011 , 01:36 AM | #9
well it woudlnt be lore breakign i guess, since it never stated what colors were what (and in fact lucas has in other moveis and games added colors never seen in orginal trilogy)

theres nothign wrong with wanting it. and you can have a argument on weather or not light can be emited in a black color, or weather or not a wavelength can if not light.

end of the day is BW's choice. though id say hoenstly, as much as id love a black saber, it would likly look like crap in this game. most of what you wear is dark, and the enviroments are not all that great for it either. youd likly not even see it most of the time.

Maulkillertfuu
09.29.2013 , 03:46 AM | #10
Swtor can sell it 1.000 cartel coins