Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code 7

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Naugor
12.16.2011 , 11:25 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
***Update***

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for the logs you have sent in already. If you are experiencing error code 7 while you are trying to launch the game, we would like to ask you to also post your dxdiag reports to help us with further investigation.

However, before you do this, please make sure that you have checked the following:
  • You should make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. For further details please check here.
  • Check that your Graphics card and Sound card have the most recent drivers installed. For instructions on how to update your Graphics card please see here, for Sound cards please see here.
  • You should check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system, including optional updates such as .NET Framework and Visual C++ features.
  • Check the minimum specifications of the game, to determine whether your computer may experience difficulties running the game.

Additionally, please check that the PlatformInfo.dll file exists in the following folder (default install):
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient
To get your DXDiag report, follow these instructions:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags.

Thank you very much for continued patience.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Yvin
01.28.2012 , 04:33 PM | #2
Greetings, everyone!

The previous version of this thread has exceeded 1,000 posts (and also over 67,000 views!) and we have recreated it for continued discussion.

Please also see this post from Associate Online Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez:

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you again for providing additional information via both your personal anecdotes and your DXDiag reports. This information is crucial to our development team’s efforts to diagnose and resolve issues reported by the community.

Error Code 7 is one of a suite of errors placed in the game boot-up sequence in order to help us diagnose the cause of an initialization failure; if you receive this error, there is something preventing your system from running the game.
Full post is here.

Customer Service asks that dxdiags are posted within [code] or [spoiler] tags to make the thread easier to read. To use spoiler tags, put
[spoiler] at the beginning of your text and [/spoiler] at the end! Your result will look like this:

Spoiler

Please also, as a general reminder, keep your replies on-topic, constructive and respectful of other community members.

Thanks everyone!

Orimis
01.28.2012 , 05:55 PM | #3
Bioware please fix error code 7 I really want to play... Please Make this error your main concern there are a lot of people having this error and we deserve to play as much as everyone else.

Rimogard
01.28.2012 , 06:10 PM | #4
Spoiler

BYXdawg
01.28.2012 , 07:47 PM | #5
So i only just partitioned my macbook pro hard drive and put windows 7 on here. I was pretty possitive I meet the requierments but im not very tech savy. I know it says you need 2 gigs of RAM to play and I technically have that but does it need to be 2 gigs or available RAM? Cause i looked at my system and it saaid 1.79 GB of RAM available and im assuming Windows is using the other 0.21 GB. Im sorry if this seems like a stupid question. Like I said im not very tech savy.

Spoiler

Blackstang
01.28.2012 , 07:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BYXdawg View Post
So i only just partitioned my macbook pro hard drive and put windows 7 on here. I was pretty possitive I meet the requierments but im not very tech savy. I know it says you need 2 gigs of RAM to play and I technically have that but does it need to be 2 gigs or available RAM? Cause i looked at my system and it saaid 1.79 GB of RAM available and im assuming Windows is using the other 0.21 GB. Im sorry if this seems like a stupid question. Like I said im not very tech savy.

Spoiler
You need to install Apple's graphics driver.

Medart
01.29.2012 , 02:25 AM | #7
Hi
I know that my CPU don't meet minimum specs but it is first time when i can't even start a game(error code 7 ofc). I done system reinstal , lastest drivers,DX, etc.
Pls tell me there is any way that i can run a game or evade system check?
Or maby is somthing else preventing me for the lunch game ? I alredy subscribe and i must know that i must end sub. or not
HELP!!!
Spoiler

Berque
01.29.2012 , 02:42 AM | #8
Spoiler

Mithost
01.29.2012 , 05:29 PM | #9
Been trying to fix this for a few days now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers four times since posting in the last thread, and it's still not working. Here's my current dxdiag. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Spoiler

Smaois
01.29.2012 , 05:48 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

I recommend that you ensure that you have the most up to date service pack installed for your operating system and that your hardware drivers are up to date.

Should you still be experience the error after confirming the above, please open your device manager to ensure there are no other hardware issues. I would also recommend that you run a memory diagnostic and chkdsk, instructions regarding how to do this can be found here.

Please note, that we do not currently provide support for Mac computers running Wndows.

Quote: Originally Posted by Medart View Post
Hi
I know that my CPU don't meet minimum specs but it is first time when i can't even start a game(error code 7 ofc). I done system reinstal , lastest drivers,DX, etc.
Pls tell me there is any way that i can run a game or evade system check?
Or maby is somthing else preventing me for the lunch game ? I alredy subscribe and i must know that i must end sub. or not
HELP!!!
Spoiler
Greetings Medart,

Unfortunately, it appears that your computer does not meet the minimum requirements to play the game.

The minimum requirements can be found here.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support