Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will Republic *ever* get Purple crystals?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will Republic *ever* get Purple crystals?

AJediKnight
01.28.2012 , 03:56 PM | #1
Purple is not a Sith-only color. Hell, Samuel L. used one throughout the films as a Jedi master. If the color had some kind of 'evil-only' affiliation, do you think a diehard Jedi loyalist like Windu would have used one?

Some people feel strongly about crystal colors; others don't. But count me amongst the ranks of those who do. Purple has been, for the past decade or so, 'my' Jedi's color, in RP, costuming, and yes, even KotOR. When there are Jedi everywhere running around with red sabers (which aren't canon-breaking either, but you can make a stonger case for red being 'wrong' for the Jedi than you can purple), why am I denied purple? And no, magenta and light blue are not satisfactory replacements -- they shouldn't even be considered 'replacements' because no color should be locked onto one faction only.

Oh, and while we're at it, why are curved-hilted (Form II Makashi) sabers Sith-only, too? Could it be that Bioware's programmers really thought that this type of saber was unique to the Sith based on Count Dooku? You guys do know he used a curved-hilted saber as a Jedi, too, right? Like purple crystals, it's not like a curved hilt is somehow unique to the Sith.

I am tired of exclusivity dominating what I can and cannot do as a character. No color -- in this case, Purple and Light Blue -- should be a the 'catch all' endgame color for one faction or another. No style of lightsaber design -- particularly one that is hardly more affiliated with the Sith than it is the Jedi -- should be restricted to one faction. Please go down to the art department and knock some heads. If these people don't understand Star Wars, educate them. Or fire them. I don't really care anymore.
[][]☲☲☲[]ị::ị\(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Yotan
01.28.2012 , 03:58 PM | #2
Just for the record Windu used Magenta not Purple.
And Magenta is a color you can get as republic.

nvm scrach that he did use dark purple I just put the movie on to check

TheOnyxHero
01.28.2012 , 03:59 PM | #3
I hope so. I want a freaking purple crystal for my shadow =/

They need to make all crystals available to both factions. I hope they do through rare drops etc from various places.

AJediKnight
01.28.2012 , 03:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Yotan View Post
Lol, no, I am sorry. He used a purple crystal. Have you seen the magenta crystals in game? The color is pink. Bioware might call it magenta, but it's pink. Windu used a purple crystal.

utio
01.28.2012 , 04:01 PM | #5
Google magenta and purple. There is no way windu's saber was magenta.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

Drudenfusz
01.28.2012 , 04:01 PM | #6
Are you colourblind? Mace Windu had a purple lightsaber not a magenta one.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

AJediKnight
01.28.2012 , 04:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Are you colourblind? Mace Windu had a purple lightsaber not a magenta one.
No, no, guys, clearly, clearly Windu had a pink lightsaber in the films. We must have all missed it.

Aussircaex
01.28.2012 , 04:03 PM | #8
I wasn't aware there were purple lightsaber crystals for Sith player characters. I've only seen them on NPCs. Where do players get them?

United_Strafes
01.28.2012 , 04:04 PM | #9
I have "tangerine" color crystals in my blasters. HA! Good luck finding more of those in-game.

marshalleck
01.28.2012 , 04:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aussircaex View Post
I wasn't aware there were purple lightsaber crystals for Sith player characters. I've only seen them on NPCs. Where do players get them?
pvp sabers are purple
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >