Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So I'm starting Swtor, what class should I play?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So I'm starting Swtor, what class should I play?

kirorx
12.17.2011 , 09:19 PM | #11
Do them all.

I have played the first 10 levels of each proffession during beta and the storylines for each are awesome. I really liked the gritty storyline for the bounty hunter. I felt like a space cowboy.

The agent story is awesome.

WatchTheGrass
12.17.2011 , 11:00 PM | #12
I don't know about the other classes but I can confirm that Bounty Hunter is a tonne of fun.
Quote: Originally Posted by Whiskeyclone View Post
I've lost my wallet many times, and my mind many more.
Decembrist - 12/12/11
BONUS WAVE IS BEST WAVE

Axxar
12.18.2011 , 04:00 AM | #13
Play Imperial Agent. There's a huge shortage of them, and they're actually a really cool class even if their name doesn't sound as exciting as something with Sith in it.
"Nerf the high ground."

CzaplaM
02.05.2012 , 07:21 AM | #14
Picking a class is up to you, if you are a healer get a healer, if you like ranged get ranged. If you like melee attacking get that, no one knows what your favorite play style is.

If other people read this and are just starting out, I'd recommend reading up on some threads to brush up your knowledge of SWTOR. There are some little things that you can find out that will help you out tons.

http://1stvideogame.com/?p=2568 <-- great list full of things people wish they knew when they started.
Things you wish you knew when starting SWTOR
Please feel free to add to it

Omascus
02.05.2012 , 08:18 AM | #15
Ok, since your asking, the best advice to give you on choosing a class in this game is to look at the advanced classes of each class.

If you are interested in the Imperial Agent, but hate the idea of the cover system, that may not mean you're X'd out of the class, as not all of the advanced classes use it extensively. With the agent, you're looking at one of your adv classes having two trees of melee stealth and one of healing; while the other adv class has three specializations of ranged dps, one or two of which are heavily focused on the cover system.

As for the bounty hunter, you have an adv class of healing and two mid-range dps specs, while the other adv class uses a gun but plays almost like a melee class.

The lightsaber classes also pan out a bit, so your best interest is to research the adv class options of the base class that peaks your interest the most.

Frostrazor
02.05.2012 , 08:33 AM | #16
wait for Guild Wars 2.
The Republic wants YOU!

Join MASC today!

il-jumper
02.05.2012 , 08:43 AM | #17
if you go IA, don't go sniper. Cover too bugged

fixit
02.05.2012 , 08:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Axxar View Post
Play Imperial Agent. There's a huge shortage of them, and they're actually a really cool class even if their name doesn't sound as exciting as something with Sith in it.
Wrong, do not play an Operative, especially a healing one. There is a reason why no one really plays em, every other class is 10x better. The devs hate this class with a passion.

Case in point, three broken talents in med tree alone that will never get fixed.

Roll anything but an Agent, you have been warned.

Individual
02.05.2012 , 08:59 AM | #19
We're fun, but we die a lot to melee.

jimkan
04.09.2012 , 06:16 AM | #20
You should take smuggler, its fun, and by fun i mean more star wars like... and guns and ship stuff, travelling, like star wars movie, like a family game but alone... ;S well play to tatooine and see it your self