Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Flashpoints have a smart Drop system?

dargor-
01.28.2012 , 12:47 PM | #1
Has anyone noticed that Flashpoints tend to only drop gear that is for the classes running it at the time of the drop?

It's something I notice a lot when duoing flashpoints with my wife.

if we run with a Trooper+Sage, only trooper/sage gear drops.
if we run with Knight+Smuggler, only knight/smuggler gear drops

While it may seem like a good thing at first, it quickly became problematic for me when I tried getting orange heavy armor to drop for my Agent's companion, only Agent gear dropped... for 8 runs. Ultimately I had to bring in one of her heavy armor wearing characters to get it to drop and have her pass on it.

Anyone can confirm/deny this?
Quote: Originally Posted by Creslan
And PVP hardcores are second class citizens. You're like the guest that won't leave and can't take a hint your not wanted so you just hang around making it miserable for everyone else at the party.
Indeed.

Morfien
01.28.2012 , 01:00 PM | #2
Can deny it. Have had HM Flashpoints drop BH gear without a BH in the group (IA aswell, but pretty much always have a SW/SI) several times.

Only talking the tier pieces here tho, the rest of the gear that drops is pretty much null.

Maoxx
01.28.2012 , 01:20 PM | #3
I think its like that in the normal FP's. When I ran a buddy of mine through the low level stuff nothing but the gear for our classes dropped. However for HM and OP's its pretty much RNG.

AtomicSquid
01.28.2012 , 01:45 PM | #4
Yes, it's only true for normal modes.

Edit: I should add...it doesn't seem to take your AC into consideration though. On my marauder I've seen a few heavy armor str drops that no one could use.

Stryfer
01.28.2012 , 01:55 PM | #5
Absolutely not the case in Hm's, have a group that's been stable and no Jedi Knight in our group so what do you think keeps dropping.
The worst thing about Sith is the sense of humor...