Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Battlemaster Mercenary PvP [HD]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
SWTOR Battlemaster Mercenary PvP [HD]

IDeuss
02.14.2012 , 05:23 AM | #41
Indeed, arsenal is the way to go in pvp, allthough the fact that it relies heavily on spamming tracer missles on a target to get your stacks up , and then just pop heatseeker and rail shot + your instant cast ability is just, given the right gear, a tad overpowered. Coming from a fellow Merc, I've got a question regarding gear, which was probably asked alot before, but here goes anyways. My current gear is around full Columi all over, including columi level implants , weapons and earpieces ( I think). In PvP ( I'm only valor 32-ish or so), would it be worth switching to full centurion(I've got alot of centurion comms but had no luck with Champion level drops yet, apart from the gloves) or just stick with the PvE gear(5/5 columi) . Asking this because I've been doing fairly well with the pve gear so far, in terms of both damage-dealing and survivability...It's just that I feel like I'd loose alot of stats from switching to centurion and only gain more expertise. Is it worth it?

Great video by the way, love the fact that it's slightly informative aswell ! Keep them coming

Angryorc
02.14.2012 , 11:12 AM | #42
This thread has now fulfilled it's original purpose!

Surge is now nerfed

Good job!

ShizzySupra
02.14.2012 , 11:21 AM | #43
I played this morning on my Merc -Pyro char and I did fine. Played a tough game of Huttball against a Pub guild and still managed 285k single target damage (no DFA used) with 54 kills and 5 deaths.

Bad players will still be bad.

DkSharktooth
02.18.2012 , 01:02 AM | #44
NEW 1v1 Video Out WITH COMMENTARY! Check out page 1!

DkSharktooth
02.18.2012 , 01:06 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by IDeuss View Post
Indeed, arsenal is the way to go in pvp, allthough the fact that it relies heavily on spamming tracer missles on a target to get your stacks up , and then just pop heatseeker and rail shot + your instant cast ability is just, given the right gear, a tad overpowered. Coming from a fellow Merc, I've got a question regarding gear, which was probably asked alot before, but here goes anyways. My current gear is around full Columi all over, including columi level implants , weapons and earpieces ( I think). In PvP ( I'm only valor 32-ish or so), would it be worth switching to full centurion(I've got alot of centurion comms but had no luck with Champion level drops yet, apart from the gloves) or just stick with the PvE gear(5/5 columi) . Asking this because I've been doing fairly well with the pve gear so far, in terms of both damage-dealing and survivability...It's just that I feel like I'd loose alot of stats from switching to centurion and only gain more expertise. Is it worth it?

Great video by the way, love the fact that it's slightly informative aswell ! Keep them coming
Keep the columi gear on it's relatively the same as full champion. The only thing you are missing out is the set bonus really, the pvp bonus is relatively neglegant because it's like 1-2% difference if you do the math. Glad you enjoyed my videos m8.

DkSharktooth
02.18.2012 , 01:09 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by ShizzySupra View Post
Sharktooth,

Did you like your Pyro build for PvP or Arsenal? I just swapped from an Arsenal spec this morning to your Pyro build. Only got 2 games in before I had to leave for work, felt ok, I had to get used to the new keybindings. Damage didn't seem that bad, even on single target.
Hey Shizzy,

I actually am now very comfortable with all THREE of the Mercenary specs. It takes a few days to get used to new keybinds if you copied mine, but then it's just a walk in the park. I don't have a preference to which spec I play in PvP, I like them both. I have even come up with a hybrid pyro/arsenal build in which I get all the cool railshots from pyro, get tracer missile for armor debuff, and all the knockbacks from arsenal.

Athilias
02.18.2012 , 02:05 AM | #47
Maybe this has been posted, but I open up your Pyro tech video, you say you are 31 points into pyrotech, and your build at the beginning of the match shows you don't have tracer missle. Then you show footage of you using tracer missle and what looks to be heat seeking missle. This also happen on the first video where you said you were using pyro, yet had abilities pyro doesn't get.

EDIT: Also using shockfrozen water in the vids, not a really good show of what the spec can do.

DkSharktooth
02.18.2012 , 10:07 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Athilias View Post
Maybe this has been posted, but I open up your Pyro tech video, you say you are 31 points into pyrotech, and your build at the beginning of the match shows you don't have tracer missle. Then you show footage of you using tracer missle and what looks to be heat seeking missle. This also happen on the first video where you said you were using pyro, yet had abilities pyro doesn't get.

EDIT: Also using shockfrozen water in the vids, not a really good show of what the spec can do.
My original intent for the video was to show "Arsenal spec clip...that was then...and pyro spec...this is now". There are annotations at the beginning of the video, maybe you turned off your annotations and couldn't see them?

DkSharktooth
02.18.2012 , 01:02 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Angryorc View Post
This thread has now fulfilled it's original purpose!

Surge is now nerfed

Good job!
I are sad panda