Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SWTOR Battlemaster Mercenary PvP [HD]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
SWTOR Battlemaster Mercenary PvP [HD]

Vanacus's Avatar


Vanacus
01.31.2012 , 08:36 PM | #21
haha come on, those videos are hilarious. Let me sum up the clips.

*Full champion target*

Tracer Missile hit for 1300
Tracer Missile hit for 1600
Tracer Missile crit for 3400

*HERE COMES A 0 EXPERTISE FULL GREEN TOON*

SWITCH TARGETS
Pop Relic.
Pop Adrenal.
Tracer Missile hit for 2500
Tracer Missile hit for 2600
Tracer Missile crit for 4000
Heat Seaker Missile crit for 5200

Show me a video where you demonstrate your ability to dominate a full champion geared player by purely outplaying them, then we'll talk.
Save a baby seal, use the search function!

Shelldorr's Avatar


Shelldorr
01.31.2012 , 09:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by FAAZYLAV View Post
nice video btw, cant find your spec where it is

i would also like a spec link pls... there are no arsenal pvp sickies or guides

Vanacus's Avatar


Vanacus
01.31.2012 , 11:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Shelldorr View Post
i would also like a spec link pls... there are no arsenal pvp sickies or guides
Guides? Specs? Come on, this MMO has the most SIMPLE talent trees in any game I've played. It is 100% clear which talents you should get. The difference between a common sense spec and a pro spec may be 10 sec on a cooldown or 2% crit chance.

A different spec won't make your tracer missile crits go from 2500 to 4500. Only 600 expertise, surge, and a 0 expertise target can do that for you.
Save a baby seal, use the search function!

DkSharktooth's Avatar


DkSharktooth
02.01.2012 , 12:27 AM | #24
Spec posted page 1

DkSharktooth's Avatar


DkSharktooth
02.01.2012 , 12:30 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanacus View Post
haha come on, those videos are hilarious. Let me sum up the clips.

*Full champion target*

Tracer Missile hit for 1300
Tracer Missile hit for 1600
Tracer Missile crit for 3400

*HERE COMES A 0 EXPERTISE FULL GREEN TOON*

SWITCH TARGETS
Pop Relic.
Pop Adrenal.
Tracer Missile hit for 2500
Tracer Missile hit for 2600
Tracer Missile crit for 4000
Heat Seaker Missile crit for 5200

Show me a video where you demonstrate your ability to dominate a full champion geared player by purely outplaying them, then we'll talk.
Since you took the time to try and troll me, let me edumacate you.
1- This game is not WOW. That being said, PVP gear does NOT reduce crit damage, crit chance, or anything along those lines. Say someone has full champ gear = 10% dmg reduction. Let's see...6k crit x 10% = 600 dmg reduction from it. Not much can help you there...
2- How much skill do you need to see if I 4-7 shot every1 I target...if they run I can stun or cc, if to many, i punt them away, if I am low, pop cooldowns burst them or stun one, concussion other, run and heal.

DkSharktooth's Avatar


DkSharktooth
02.01.2012 , 12:38 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNitemare View Post
I'm more interested in your gear.

1) Do you remod your BM and champion gear using PvE Aim mods to max out stats?

2) Do you think the accuracy on BM gear is actually useful in any way or should that all be changed out for crit/surge (and power eventually)?

3) Do you use two peices of PvE gear for the 2 peice bonus?

Basically, I'm a BM arsenal merc as well and have pretty much completely given up on my class. Huttball is full of PTs, Ops, Sorcs and Juggs who jump, sprint, stun and interupt you into oblivion. Not only do I often not even get the chance to do damage (the only thing we're good at) because of knockbacks galore (people can just ignore you with a stun, interupt and knockback) but everyone knows about interupts now and I often have 2+ melee on me 50% of the time (the other 50% I'm running back up from the pit or dead because of PTs gripping you into fire).

All the PvP maps don't give a crap about damage, they reward classes who can tank, avoid, manipulate and control others. Juggs, sorcs, ops and PTs are the kings of that. Some people have even stoped inviting mercs to PvP premades because they are pretty much worthless except for damage. I'm one of the few remaining damage mercs on my server, the others went healing or rerolled.

The reason I'm asking about gear is because I have more BM gear than you do and yet I never get crits over 5k, most of my tracer missles hit for 1.5k ish except on sorcs and ops. I CAN'T kill any tank because they are rolling with 20k+ HP and it takes me 10+ tracer missles to bring them down solo which exceeds my heat capacity and I end up rapid shotting.

In short, I feel like you're fighting scrubs who get blown up wearing greens whereas I face premades 24/7 of 2 jugs and 2 sorc healers who use taunt and protection to be basically immune while completely shutting me down. My only hope is that I'm doing something wrong with gear and maybe can squeak out another 500ish damage on hits, otherwise I'm just going to watch from the pit as a CC immune jug with 20k HP walks through fire then jumps to our goal line while laughing at my 800 point tracer missle hits.
I feel your pain dude. Just remember skill always owns gear. If you know u can't kill a tank or a healer, simply DON'T try, don't waste cooldowns, or anything. Simply just punt them into the fire or stun them or unload slow them in fire. Yes I re-mod all my gear to crit surge. I never try to kill "pinball tanks" with healers on them and gaurding the healer unless I know I can. If they are taunting u and just jumping across map, not much u can do unless u get them in fire or continuously punt them. If they are at end zone or u know u can't stop a score, go middle grab ball tell ur buddy to go uptop for a pass, give him ball, walk thro fire sprint to end zone and this creates a cap 4 cap kind of game where 1 team is at end zone and ur at middle getting next ball

Dalnar's Avatar


Dalnar
02.01.2012 , 01:01 AM | #27
Damn, I thought it will be another set of videos with only tracer missile on bar...such disappointment...

DkSharktooth's Avatar


DkSharktooth
02.01.2012 , 01:14 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanacus View Post
Guides? Specs? Come on, this MMO has the most SIMPLE talent trees in any game I've played. It is 100% clear which talents you should get. The difference between a common sense spec and a pro spec may be 10 sec on a cooldown or 2% crit chance.

A different spec won't make your tracer missile crits go from 2500 to 4500. Only 600 expertise, surge, and a 0 expertise target can do that for you.
600 expertise is supposed to compensate for loosing stats from pve gear. In reality, you are loosing armor, endurance, main stat, off stats and pvp gear is just aweful. The damage difference is pretty much the same and you won't notice a difference wearing full columi or full champion gear in survival or dmg or healing. PvP Bonus from expertise is not the same as WOW where it reduces crit damage (surge) and chance to be crit, its just a flat damage reduction.

Kothakk's Avatar


Kothakk
02.01.2012 , 02:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNitemare View Post
I'm more interested in your gear.

1) Do you remod your BM and champion gear using PvE Aim mods to max out stats?

2) Do you think the accuracy on BM gear is actually useful in any way or should that all be changed out for crit/surge (and power eventually)?

3) Do you use two peices of PvE gear for the 2 peice bonus?

Basically, I'm a BM arsenal merc as well and have pretty much completely given up on my class. Huttball is full of PTs, Ops, Sorcs and Juggs who jump, sprint, stun and interupt you into oblivion. Not only do I often not even get the chance to do damage (the only thing we're good at) because of knockbacks galore (people can just ignore you with a stun, interupt and knockback) but everyone knows about interupts now and I often have 2+ melee on me 50% of the time (the other 50% I'm running back up from the pit or dead because of PTs gripping you into fire).

All the PvP maps don't give a crap about damage, they reward classes who can tank, avoid, manipulate and control others. Juggs, sorcs, ops and PTs are the kings of that. Some people have even stoped inviting mercs to PvP premades because they are pretty much worthless except for damage. I'm one of the few remaining damage mercs on my server, the others went healing or rerolled.

The reason I'm asking about gear is because I have more BM gear than you do and yet I never get crits over 5k, most of my tracer missles hit for 1.5k ish except on sorcs and ops. I CAN'T kill any tank because they are rolling with 20k+ HP and it takes me 10+ tracer missles to bring them down solo which exceeds my heat capacity and I end up rapid shotting.

In short, I feel like you're fighting scrubs who get blown up wearing greens whereas I face premades 24/7 of 2 jugs and 2 sorc healers who use taunt and protection to be basically immune while completely shutting me down. My only hope is that I'm doing something wrong with gear and maybe can squeak out another 500ish damage on hits, otherwise I'm just going to watch from the pit as a CC immune jug with 20k HP walks through fire then jumps to our goal line while laughing at my 800 point tracer missle hits.
This is why I love my Pyro-spec in PvP

Massenburg's Avatar


Massenburg
02.01.2012 , 05:29 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Spec posted page 1
Any point using 2/3 integrated cardio package instead of 2/2 custom enviro suit?