Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vent PTT + SWTOR = Issues

Samuelsyo
12.15.2011 , 12:49 AM | #1
When I run ventrillo (even as admin) and I press down my CTRL push-to-talk I am unable to move in-game. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or why this is happening? Thanks in advance!

capetorial
12.15.2011 , 12:52 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Samuelsyo View Post
When I run ventrillo (even as admin) and I press down my CTRL push-to-talk I am unable to move in-game. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or why this is happening? Thanks in advance!
run both as admin, if doesnt work, please reply. ill be watching this thread.
might try switching ptt keys

Zarggg
12.15.2011 , 01:06 AM | #3
I don't think that Control is a reserved key in SW:TOR, but if it is, that might be causing a conflict.

I generally use Caps Lock as my PTT key, as it find it rarely interferes with game (or any program, for that matter) interfaces, especially when being held down.

capetorial
12.15.2011 , 01:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarggg View Post
I don't think that Control is a reserved key in SW:TOR, but if it is, that might be causing a conflict.

I generally use Caps Lock as my PTT key, as it find it rarely interferes with game (or any program, for that matter) interfaces, especially when being held down.
i use my windows key (i disabled it here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216893)

games and whatnot fully recognize it, it just doesnt proc the start menu or windows key + tab.

Samuelsyo
12.15.2011 , 02:42 AM | #5
Thanks for all the replies guys. I tried running both as admin, and I can now use all my keybinds and Left Mouse Click. However, my Right Mouse Click is still not working at all when I hold CTRL. Any other ideas other than remapping my PTT?

Slurmez
12.15.2011 , 02:44 AM | #6
I have the same issue, use ctrl as my vent ptt

Borell
12.15.2011 , 03:43 AM | #7
Noticed the same during Beta Weekend (using TeamSpeak). Even if CTRL is not assigned ingame it still prevents you from moving when it's pressed.

Epyoch
12.15.2011 , 03:54 AM | #8
I don't know why but i always use the Z key for vent....and other voice programs, usually doesn't conflict with anything except...take out your weapon....put away your weapon

mortalk
12.15.2011 , 04:35 AM | #9
I have the same issue, but i did notice that its easyer if you wish to continue to use the Ctrl button to hold both mouse buttons to move seeing some of the ctrl+ buttons are mapped. Very annoying if you back step and loose ingame music.

FessFish
12.15.2011 , 04:43 AM | #10
Ctrl is a modifier key, so when you hold it and right click etc.

You're not hitting right click.

You're hitting Ctrl + Right Click.

Put it bluntly, you might have to remap your PPT to a different key.
HK-47: "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"
DUBSTEP STEP - THAT - DUB DUBSTEP