Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vader vs Revan

caimerez
12.15.2011 , 03:56 AM | #21
Vader, no contest. When it comes to lightsaber combat, while Vader was less mobile he makes up with it in strength, and defense. His style was a modified version of Djem So, the way he designed was to completely balance defense and offense. His arms would swing much harder than a normal humans, one good two handed strike and revan would be underneath vader trying to hold off the onslaught. Lightsaber advantage is Vader.

Strategy, both were generals and most were pretty successful in their missions. This is where they tie.

Force: While Revan had a greater understanding, Vader had better command. You don't see Revan force choking people from across the ship, force edge would be vader.

Feats: Revan's main feat was destroying the star forge, while Vader's was hunting down the remaining jedi order, and leading the assault on the jedi temple. Vader destroyed the next generation of jedi, while revans feat was great, Vader's was more effective in ending the enemy.

Vader wins this match, sorry Revan Fanboys but he is not all you crack him up to be.
CE Owner Survivor of the 9/29/11 e-mail scandal

DarkGreenGames
12.15.2011 , 04:00 AM | #22
Fanboy I am not I am only basing my arguments on the lore that I have encountered. If I had to rate power by character this would be how I would do it.

1. Sith Emperor
2. Revan
3. Palpatine
4. Yoda
5. Vader
6. Luke
7. Obi
etc

Rhyltran
12.15.2011 , 04:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkGreenGames View Post
It's just so sad that Sidious didn't just force push vader away, or himself away fromt he shaft. Knowing his power, it just seems pitiful how he couldn't find a way to save himself from such a simple attack as being lifted and thrown down a reactor.

...And by the way, who places a reactor core in their throne room?
Well, that was his flaw. His over confidence. Sidious didn't think it was possible. No, not that Vader would betray him but betray him in that manner. That idea that a Sith lord, more importantly, his apprentice would sacrifice himself and lose out on the knowledge/power at his fingertips for some farm boy wannabe Jedi was absurd to him. The force can increase one's strength. Vader's strength was enhanced by the force but not only that his suit gave him even greater strength. The moment he was grabbed Sidious employed his best method of attack.

He amped up his force lightning. Unfortunately, I already pointed out how resilient Vader was and even so it cost his own life. Point being, no one else likely would have been able to do the same thing. In-fact, Sidious in Vader's shoes would have failed too. See, Vader's resistance of force lightning comes from his suit which he upgraded to withstand it specifically to fight against Galen Marek.

That being said, the fact that Sidious knew he'd come back to life also caused him to have his guard dropped. After that event he simply transferred his essence (basically Soul) into the body of a clone of himself. A clone which was in his physical prime. So really no real loss. He came back stronger.

Freezoide
12.15.2011 , 04:10 AM | #24
Anakin/Vader is born because of the force (not father he has) so he got some advantage there. And it's not just Vader who tooks up the full lightning blow from 'the most powerful sithlord', apparently (see wookieepedia.com) Revan took up those lightning blows as well from the (previous) sith emperor Vitiate (the one that rules in TOR @ Sith).

I think they are the same in strenght however, I don't see Darth Vader can be agile.

Another theory is that I suspect that Vader is some sort of descendant of Revan. Yes, I know that Anakin was born througout the force but there is something strange going on. Remember that visions in KOTOR? Wasn't there a vision where Revan saw Vader? And if so, does those visions relate quite more often with family or descendants? Revan could see what Anakin/Vader would become..

Though, I'm curious where Mace Windu stands here. He fulfilled the last form of the Lightsaber forms (Vaapad) and DEFEATED Darth Sidious on his own, something Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker had to do together.. Where does he stand?
"Thou shall parse or thou shall not pass.."

Rhyltran
12.15.2011 , 04:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Freezoide View Post
Anakin/Vader is born because of the force (not father he has) so he got some advantage there. And it's not just Vader who tooks up the full lightning blow from 'the most powerful sithlord', apparently (see wookieepedia.com) Revan took up those lightning blows as well from the (previous) sith emperor Vitiate (the one that rules in TOR @ Sith).

I think they are the same in strenght however, I don't see Darth Vader can be agile.

Another theory is that I suspect that Vader is some sort of descendant of Revan. Yes, I know that Anakin was born througout the force but there is something strange going on. Remember that visions in KOTOR? Wasn't there a vision where Revan saw Vader? And if so, does those visions relate quite more often with family or descendants? Revan could see what Anakin/Vader would become..

Though, I'm curious where Mace Windu stands here. He fulfilled the last form of the Lightsaber forms (Vaapad) and DEFEATED Darth Sidious on his own, something Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker had to do together.. Where does he stand?
What proof do you have that Vitiate's Force Lightning is as powerful as Sidious? We actually have evidence to actually measure Sidious' force lightning. Windu beat Sidious in the saber duel. He would have lost regardless in the end. When deflecting Sidious force lightning he was about to lose his grip according to the novelization. He couldn't hold it any longer.

Also Sidious returned after the original trilogy far more powerful than before. I don't recall Revan ever having a vision of Vader.

Tekkoclarky
12.15.2011 , 04:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Freezoide View Post
Sidious let himself be defeated so he could use Anakin... (but yes, Mace Windu is a very powerful Jedi, who would probably defeat Revan as well).

and Vader would beat Revan, but there is a lot of Revan fan bois on these forums so expect revan to be the most popular choice.

Oonkeh_
12.15.2011 , 04:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkGreenGames View Post
Fanboy I am not I am only basing my arguments on the lore that I have encountered. If I had to rate power by character this would be how I would do it.

1. Sith Emperor
2. Revan
3. Palpatine
4. Yoda
5. Vader
6. Luke
7. Obi
etc
Unfortunately, Luke is the most powerful mortal being ever, with Abeloth topping him in terms of power as she's NOT mortal. Sidious is third, Luke is second and Abeloth is first with Yoda being fourth and Starkiller fifth (Starkiller has been confirmed to have canonically had the potential to Rival the third most powerful on the chart, Sidious). My references? The novels, the EU, and the Movies.

Again, it's a common misconception that Vitiate is as powerful as people keep making him out to be. He isn't, he couldn't even consume a planet by himself - he required the aid of a hundred enslaved Sith Lords to help him accomplish a Ritual that allowed him to. Sidious, on the other hand, could consume planets by himself (he does this to the 15 billion populace of Byss to sustain his clone body), and was also capable of creating wormholes so devastating that they could ravage and destroy planets.

Vader in his prime would be EP3; take into account the novelisation and the EU during this time-period. He would thrash Revan around pretty devastatingly.. sorry guys, but the lore is in Vader's favor. Revan is 100% EU, to ignore Vaders EU automatically counterfeits your own argument.. because it would mean Revan doesn't exist.
I feed on spleeeeeens...

eroscastaldi
12.15.2011 , 04:48 AM | #28
raven, just because i played it in kotor, i was killing everyone on hardest lvl with no companion....I was the most powerful jedi ever...vader will be no match for me...
maybe starkiller will be am intresting fight, but i will crush him too
(████████████████℈▓╪╪╪╪╪╪⋟␣⋞▓|{ị████████████████)

Coratus
12.15.2011 , 04:50 AM | #29
In regards to Vader being trained by, arguably, one of the most powerful dark-side users ever, it would be good to note two things:

1) It is likely that Palpatine held certain things back from Vader, in order to maintain an advantage should Vader ever decide one day to become the master (or turn back to the light side).

2) Vader's Force potential is somewhat diminished after the events of Mustafar, partially because he is limited by his injuries, and partially because he is forced (at least for a time) to use the Force simply to move

Rhyltran
12.15.2011 , 04:51 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Oonkeh_ View Post
Unfortunately, Luke is the most powerful mortal being ever, with Abeloth topping him in terms of power as she's NOT mortal. Sidious is third, Luke is second and Abeloth is first with Yoda being fourth. My references? The novels, the EU, and the Movies.

Again, it's a common misconception that Vitiate is as powerful as people keep making him out to be. He isn't, he couldn't even consume a planet by himself - he required the aid of a hundred enslaved Sith Lords to help him accomplish a Ritual that allowed him to. Sidious, on the other hand, could consume planets by himself (he does this to the 15 billion populace of Byss to sustain his clone body), and was also capable of creating wormholes so devastating that they could ravage and destroy planets.
Not to mention as I stated earlier. Vitiate also used relics and artifacts to bolster his power.

Coratus. While you're correct it's confirmed by Lucas that Vader is 80% as powerful as Sidious. So vader is indeed quite strong.