Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

You may only have 50 active sales at the Galactic Trade Network!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You may only have 50 active sales at the Galactic Trade Network!?

Saronia's Avatar


Saronia
12.15.2011 , 12:18 AM | #1
I want to be able to post all my stuff at once, not have to post half of what I got, wait 2 days and then post the rest!
Why does the GTN limit me on listings?

Ps. 3 gathering professions make your bags full very fast.
(And if this is the wrong forum for this, feel free to move it)

Vuelhering's Avatar


Vuelhering
12.15.2011 , 12:24 AM | #2
List them in stacks, then. That'll cut it down significantly, plus it's annoying to have to buy one at a time when you want 20 of an item.
Knights who say Ni
Drooga's Pleasure Barge-Repub-PVE-Social-Casual Raiding-Age 20+
Honor and Humor in gaming since 2000
WEBSITERECRUITINGCREWSKILL CHART

Saronia's Avatar


Saronia
12.15.2011 , 12:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vuelhering View Post
List them in stacks, then. That'll cut it down significantly, plus it's annoying to have to buy one at a time when you want 20 of an item.
I am listing them in stacks. I still hit the cap.

Daidarapochi's Avatar


Daidarapochi
12.15.2011 , 12:42 AM | #4
It's so one person cannot dominate the market and so you don't have to look at page after page of items.
Primo non nuocere

KryptoOozaru's Avatar


KryptoOozaru
12.15.2011 , 12:46 AM | #5
What I wonder is could you post more on an alt or will 50 be the number for a whole account?

DakiaNinja's Avatar


DakiaNinja
12.15.2011 , 12:47 AM | #6
I think they need to up the cap or take it away completely.

Saronia's Avatar


Saronia
12.15.2011 , 12:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Daidarapochi View Post
It's so one person cannot dominate the market and so you don't have to look at page after page of items.
I'm not even close to "dominating" the market and I've already hit the limit.
It's annoying and it needs to go.

Yogol's Avatar


Yogol
12.15.2011 , 12:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Saronia View Post
I'm not even close to "dominating" the market and I've already hit the limit.
It's annoying and it needs to go.
I disagree, it would be waaaaay too easy to corner the market if you have an unlimited number of sales.

Plus, like it was said higher, you can make alts and let them post stuff too.

50 is plenty.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Amelaista's Avatar


Amelaista
12.15.2011 , 12:55 AM | #9
I agree, the cap needs to be higher than 50. I try to put up the random greens that drop and any crafting stuff i am making as well. I had no problems hitting the 50 limit.

Selling greens on the GTN makes more credits and gives people a chance to up their companions gear for cheap.
Characters: Amelaista, Kandifir, Sasairu, Arissarle
Squadron 157 Dont forget the Pink Boots!

Saronia's Avatar


Saronia
12.15.2011 , 12:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
I disagree, it would be waaaaay too easy to corner the market if you have an unlimited number of sales.

Plus, like it was said higher, you can make alts and let them post stuff too.

50 is plenty.
Trust me, with 3 gathering professions 50 is not near enough.
You can corner the market even with 50 if you make enough characters, and monitor the GTN
a lot. So the "corner the market" argument is not justification for the limit, in my opinion.
And you shouldn't have to make multiple characters just to sell stuff.