Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boy, we are lucky to face Darth Baras and his ilk...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Boy, we are lucky to face Darth Baras and his ilk...

Angedechu
01.27.2012 , 10:00 PM | #1
instead of facing Siths like Darth Tenebrous and Darth Plagueuis. (It's fair to mention that Darth Revan in the lore and the Sith Emperor in lore, but not in game, are in their leagues)

The Sith Lords (the ones with the suffix Darth. Apparently, ''Lord'' is just a mark of nobility, it's the moniker Darth that make you a truly Sith Lord) we see in TOR are rather, how to say, classic Sith Lords (which is coherent with lore).

Tenebrous, Plageuis and the Emperor, on the other hand, are true master schemers. (And not scheming to kill their apprentices or scheming to make the apprentice lose his time by sending him killing three dudes on three differents planets, to make another dude go to another planet, as opposed as sending the apprentice to kill the important dude in the first place...but I disgress)

pursang
01.27.2012 , 10:03 PM | #2
I don't know, I think Baras did a-okay for finding and "training" the ****** that is the Sith Warrior.
"He who slays monsters must look at himself to make sure he does not become the monster."
- Nietzsche

Explosive_Lasers
01.27.2012 , 10:03 PM | #3
Darth Fatass?

I always just piss him off because he's a dick and it scores points with Vette.

Personally, I'd prefer somebody who doesn't inspire the first reaction of replacing my lightsaber with a slice of cake to effectively fight him.
"Bet you heard we ain't in the pris'ner takin' bisness. We in the killin' Imperial bisness." -Me, before every Warzone

Quote: Originally Posted by Kabjat View Post
Explosive, you always make so much sense. And here as well you do not disappoint.

Kabhal
01.27.2012 , 10:10 PM | #4
I guess Darth Bunnyrabbit is right out?

Pink_Saber
01.27.2012 , 10:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Explosive_Lasers View Post
Darth Fatass?
Darth Turkey Platter, thank you very much.

Deiser
01.27.2012 , 10:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabhal View Post
I guess Darth Bunnyrabbit is right out?
Dude, you DON'T want Darth Bunnyrabbit in this game. Look what he did in Monty Python and the Holy Grail: he annihilated King Arthur's troops. KING ARTHUR'S TROOPS!

Templeman
01.28.2012 , 07:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Explosive_Lasers View Post
Darth Fatass?

I always just piss him off because he's a dick and it scores points with Vette.

Personally, I'd prefer somebody who doesn't inspire the first reaction of replacing my lightsaber with a slice of cake to effectively fight him.
I love his voice and the way he talks but I am pretty sure a set of stairs would be all I needed to kill him.

Also am I the only one that looks at him and thinks....duck?

Mephet
01.28.2012 , 07:53 AM | #8
I kinda adored Baras. Yes, he was fat. It was clear that he was not the physical type. A master schemer.

But still incredibly powerful.

About the missions they send us doing.. I found them fitting. The warrior (in act 1) take on a story much like that of Darth Maul. Baras said it himself: we are his enforcer.

That being said... It is the way of the sith for the APPRENTICE to challenge the master. Thus making Baras... not the ideal sith at all. It exists so that the most powerful sith rule. Killing off your most powerful apprentice in... shall we say, underhanded ways, seem to be heavily in conflict with this. But entirely in character for Baras.

WickedDjinn
01.28.2012 , 08:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mephet View Post
I kinda adored Baras. Yes, he was fat. It was clear that he was not the physical type. A master schemer.

But still incredibly powerful.

About the missions they send us doing.. I found them fitting. The warrior (in act 1) take on a story much like that of Darth Maul. Baras said it himself: we are his enforcer.

That being said... It is the way of the sith for the APPRENTICE to challenge the master. Thus making Baras... not the ideal sith at all. It exists so that the most powerful sith rule. Killing off your most powerful apprentice in... shall we say, underhanded ways, seem to be heavily in conflict with this. But entirely in character for Baras.
No, it's still the Sith way. Masters always try to kill off apprentices when they become overtly ambitious and a threat.

The idea is that the apprentice meant to kill a particular master will be victorious no matter what's thrown at them and the Sith are stronger for it.

That's why I love Baras. He is a true master who spends the entire time teaching you in true Sith fashion.

Contrast that with being Vashs apprentice. Totally different experience.

WickerThing
01.28.2012 , 10:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pink_Saber View Post
Darth Turkey Platter, thank you very much.
Nooo, Lord Fatty fat fat is his prefered nickname,
Quote: Originally Posted by Hitomo_x View Post
and what do you mean by 3D space comabt, do I need to wear googles or what?