Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

Magnouss
01.27.2012 , 03:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Resallaprov View Post
Here's an idea, quit being Neutral. People that can't make up their minds on being good or bad deserve nothing as they have done nothing for either. Sorry you can't use those awesome dark/light relics.

Sorry, saw Full Metal Jacket this past weekend.
He actually is making up his mind - he's playing according to how he believes his character would act in a situation - not making mindless choices because he feels forced to go one side or the other because of gear restrictions.

Drayzen
01.27.2012 , 03:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ronamo View Post
Insofar as I know, you're mistaken. There are quite a few relics that are not alignment specific.
Not the high end ones from vendors that you get from Heroics/Nightmare or PvP.
|DS| Definitely Superficial - Ahazi

I am a proud supporter of High Resolution Textures in-game. We have a right to choose, and deserve the quality touted in advertised gameplay screenshots.

ninja_x
01.27.2012 , 03:42 PM | #23
[Gray Crystal]

+0 to nothing but makes your lightsaber gray.

[Robes of Apathy]

+0 to nothing but allows entrance to emo Hipster club in Fleet
I'm getting a raging clue!

Froth
01.27.2012 , 03:42 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Drayzen View Post
No. Relics provide stat bonuses and on use effects and there are - NO - Neutral relics. All of them REQUIRE an alignment.

You also can't get a majority of the Orange Items.
Ah ic. A few questions to the OP.

1. If everyone gets the reward regardless of how they play, is it no longer a reward? Why not just get rid of it?

2. Being grey represents an inability to choose between good or evil, why should you get a reward for basically doing nothing?
ya? well if i'm so crazy then why do my oven mitts like to eat cookies, hmm?

Keii
01.27.2012 , 03:43 PM | #25
I think you meant to say "no excuses...".

ninja_x
01.27.2012 , 03:43 PM | #26
[Unemployment Cheque]

+600 credits on use
Cooldown: 1 month
I'm getting a raging clue!

Darekar
01.27.2012 , 03:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Drayzen View Post
What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.
relic only have requirement at low lvl. epic pvp or pve relic (very very very easy to get) have no requirement. just get one of those.

there is absolutely nothing needing light or dark ranks to max your character, all high end gear are neutral.
There is no emotion, there is only Bacon

Space_Gimp
01.27.2012 , 03:44 PM | #28
Here's an idea, quit being Neutral. People that can't make up their minds on being good or bad deserve nothing as they have done nothing for either. Sorry you can't use those awesome dark/light relics.

It's not about making up our minds if we want to go light or dark. On my Agent I am grey because I don't see my agent as a walking carpet (light side) or a murderous sociopath (dark side). The reason why my agent and Bounty Hunter is grey is because those decisions are what I can see those people actually being. Grey decisions are not "I don't know and don't care!" Besides I don't like seeing Imperial Agents and Bounty Hunters with dark side corruption. They can't use the force. Doesn't make sense even if we can turn the corruption off through the preferences. Grey works for me on my ranged characters.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." - Ghandi

Allyhoo
01.27.2012 , 03:44 PM | #29

Actually, if you make the most strategic decisions to win the war you tend to be neutral which is what most of the neutral players I know are trying to do with their choices. They aren't picking options out of hat and it isn't that they can't make up their minds.

Also, to the above posters saying there are no neutral relics...There are relics (from high-level flashpoints and ops) that anyone can use. True they are not neutral exclusive, but you can equip them.

P.S. Put me in the camp of firmly supporting the rights of neutral players to have their own rewards. I believe BW has already said they are adding this in an upcoming patch where they expand the light/dark system.

Drayzen
01.27.2012 , 03:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Froth View Post
Ah ic. A few questions to the OP.

1. If everyone gets the reward regardless of how they play, is it no longer a reward? Why not just get rid of it?

2. Being grey represents an inability to choose between good or evil, why should you get a reward for basically doing nothing?
http://www.swtor.com/info

that's why. Read what it says. It advertises my story. My saga. I can be the hero. But the problem is, I'm a gimped hero, without the same access to gear as others.

In fact. I'm penalized for playing the game my way. PENALIZED. I'm penalized for not aligning myself to Blue or Red. It's not fair. Revan was a fairly neutral jedi overall, so why can't I be? Why can't I be a BH that only cares about credits? Why can't I be as powerful as someone else who has chosen to shock someone, or not threaten to kill a kid?

It's not at all good design.
|DS| Definitely Superficial - Ahazi

I am a proud supporter of High Resolution Textures in-game. We have a right to choose, and deserve the quality touted in advertised gameplay screenshots.