Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

ThiborF
03.06.2012 , 01:35 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Drayzen View Post
What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.
Actually you're forcing it. You're choosing to min-max AND be neutral. They never claimed both would be available at launch. In fact before beta ever closed they stated "grey" items wouldn't be in at launch.

Here's the official most recent statement:
" Grey alignment is in the pipe - we have a design, and that design includes a plan to make the itemization fair for light, dark, and grey. I do not have an ETA for this feature at this time, but can't wait to announce one."

That's from the most recent Q&A that's linked on the Community home page. With 1.2 being pushed back to April, hard to say if this will be in. My guess is doubtful but, you never know.

And if it's not, it'll come some time after. Whether you're here to experience it or not is not my concern.

Yaur
03.06.2012 , 01:39 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Allistair View Post
There is also harder to find gear, like modable boots, that you can buy from the dark or light vendors, that the Nuetral toons cannot.
Social vendor sells neutral modable armor and by the time you can buy those from the ls/ds vendor you are probably going to have them anyway.

Kelsion
03.06.2012 , 03:20 PM | #273
The OP has a point. BW specifically said that you could choose to be LS, DS, or remain neutral and there would be rewards for whatever you choose. The Neutral people got shafted. There is a couple of toons that I would have like to go neutral with, but I chose a side and stuck with it because I felt like I had to in order to do endgame. I would have like to make different choices in some of the storyline, but I felt like I had to stick with my alignment.
"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" - Admiral David Farragut

RycheMykola
03.06.2012 , 03:33 PM | #274
What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.
Um, the best relics in the game are for neutral.

Do you even know what you are crying about?

KrimzonWarrior
03.06.2012 , 03:36 PM | #275
I'm not going to write out some huge retort about how the lack of this has negatively impacted my experience, when BW specifically said they would cater to multiple aspects of gameplay and story, and hasn't followed through.

I just want 1.2 to contain things for players who are neutral. I want to be able to use my choice of saber, I want to be able to not miss out on relics because some designer thought that making light and dark only would be a fantastically shortsighted idea, and I just want to be able to play how I want to play, not play how I have to play to be able to min-max my character.

Make it happen in 1.2. It's already disappointing that you haven't done it in 1.1...
Yes mastah, right away mastah.