Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

swtor for mac

andrewrags
01.27.2012 , 01:38 PM | #1
Hey i play swtor and i have a friend that really wants to play it but only has mac computers, so i was wondering if anyone knows if swtor will be released for mac and if so then when?

MattieP
01.27.2012 , 01:39 PM | #2
inb4: "Buy a real computer" comments
Digital Deluxe Edition VIP

uramu
01.27.2012 , 01:39 PM | #3
Bootcamp.
I find your lack of faith ... Impressive. Most impressive.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
The Dark Side script seems to be mostly aimed at giving adolescent players a power trip and letting them be a jerk without any real consequences beyond developing a bad skin condition with optional on-off switch.

Lankybrit
01.27.2012 , 01:40 PM | #4
I don't think anyone knows the answer to that. But I play on Mac under bootcamp, so that's certainly an option.

Cheers.

Thaltom
01.27.2012 , 01:40 PM | #5
There has been no official information released about TOR for mac. There was a thread that talked about running TOR using Bootcamp. Have "your friend" search the forums for that thread or (coming from someone who "has a friend" who uses macs too) get a PC so "your friend" can play games.
I only get paid when I survive. I like getting paid.

daemian
01.27.2012 , 01:41 PM | #6
It's on the to-do list.

"We know there's a big Mac audience of BioWare fans ... we know that's an important and large audience. And we want to serve that audience," Muzyka told me when asked about a potential Mac version of the his company's latest major release, Star Wars: The Old Republic.

"I'd say 'not yet,'" Zeschuk assured me when I told him that, as a BioWare fan, I'm unable to play The Old Republic on my less than two-year-old MacBook. Though Muzyka was quick to remind me that I can technically play the game on a Windows partition, he also admitted that it wasn't an ideal situation. "We've done a lot of Mac ports before of our games. We haven't announced any details yet for The Old Republic, but we know that's an important and large audience."

Neither would offer a strict timetable on the Mac version, but Zeschuk did note, "That's definitely one of the things we're looking at next. We want to get this launch under our belt and everything stabilized and happy, and then we'll look at other platforms, and that's obviously one of the first ones."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...-is-something/

For now, feel free to check out the Boot Camp thread in my sig.
There's also a thread for discussing a Mac client.

JediKabuto
01.27.2012 , 01:42 PM | #7
Use Bootcamp. MacOS is a dead platform for gaming.

Lankybrit
01.27.2012 , 01:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediKabuto View Post
Not true. Blizzard continues to support it as a Tier 1 platform.

Cheers.

dyeager
01.27.2012 , 01:44 PM | #9
Just wanted to chime in that the game does run beautifully on Bootcamp, which right now is your best option with lots of community support.

Thaltom
01.27.2012 , 01:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JediKabuto View Post
I wouldn't call it dead... maybe the redheaded step child that means well but always ends up being picked last in dodge ball.
I only get paid when I survive. I like getting paid.