Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Apple iOS security key application issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Apple iOS security key application issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fiontar
12.14.2011 , 11:36 PM | #1
Hi,

Can we get instructions on how to actually set the app up? The instructions for using the app to set the security key for your account on this site do not gel with what the app is doing. You can not access the information as instructed to check your serial number.

The app starts by asking you to enter your seven digit serial number. If you make up your own and enter it, it then asks you to enter your 30 digit activation code. Huh?

The World of Warcraft mobile app was easy to set up. It was automatically provided with it's own unique code when you downloaded it and you just needed to set it up for your account. Something isn't right with the way this app is working, or better instructions need to be provided. If we are supposed to get issued a serial number and activation code here, you need to set that up.

I want to get this working, but in short, you aren't providing the information needed to initiate the app, so that one can then set it up here to link it to ones account.

Hollow_Man
12.14.2011 , 11:41 PM | #2
The two numbers it's asking for are actually under the security key section of your account here on swtor.com. Go to that section, choose the option to set up a new mobile security device, and it will give you the two numbers to put in the mobile app.

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

Fiontar
12.15.2011 , 02:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hollow_Man View Post
The two numbers it's asking for are actually under the security key section of your account here on swtor.com. Go to that section, choose the option to set up a new mobile security device, and it will give you the two numbers to put in the mobile app.

-HM
It doesn't for me.

I go there and it asks me for the serial number of my device and tells me how to get it from the app, but you can't get into that section of the app with out the serial number.

overlordmike
12.15.2011 , 02:52 AM | #4
when u go to ur account page, it will say setup security key. to add one to your account, you have to type in all 3 of ur secret answers. after that you will get 2 keys to enter into your ipod. after which you enter a key from your ipod onto the site
i can feel the anger dwelling within

RealBradWad
12.15.2011 , 02:54 AM | #5
im thinking for some reason you need your product code before it will work which many have not received.

Fiontar
12.15.2011 , 02:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiontar View Post
It doesn't for me.

I go there and it asks me for the serial number of my device and tells me how to get it from the app, but you can't get into that section of the app with out the serial number.
I got it to show. I had to clear my cookies and refresh the page a couple times, then it showed the numbers. refreshed it a few more times and sometimes got the page with the codes, sometimes I'd get the page asking me to enter the code from my device. So, something is buggy with the site, but if you have set up your security questions already, freshly log into the site then go here: http://www.swtor.com/securitykeysetup you should eventually be bale to get the keys, but you may need to reload the page a few times or clear your browser cookies.

ClaudeTaylor
12.15.2011 , 03:01 AM | #7
Alll i can say is. I set mine up and it didnt ask me for the security number when i logged into the game. Is there a time period you have to wait before it actually works?

Quaxo
12.15.2011 , 03:04 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RealBradWad View Post
im thinking for some reason you need your product code before it will work which many have not received.
You don't need your product code to set it up.

orries
12.15.2011 , 03:19 AM | #9
I remember Stephen Reid saying something about it being a know issue and they are looking into it on his tweeter page.
his words were "We're looking into that, stay tuned."

ClaudeTaylor
12.15.2011 , 03:23 AM | #10
are you talkin abolout it not wrking?