Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My take on Colicoid War Games (Spoilers)

ThaneMasson
01.27.2012 , 12:49 PM | #1
I am well aware most of the Flashpoints were made much later in the development cycle than say black talon or call to arms, so I do not hold the lack of conversations or a single Light/Dark choice against the flashpoint.

I do however feel this is the least interesting, and most confusing of all the flashpoints up to this part. To keep this short I am going to boil it down to only a few points as to what turned me off to the flashpoint.

1) You Have to have four players. All other flashpoints it recommended to have 4 but if you are good you can easily do any with three people without being over leveled.

2) Turret Section. Again this is near impossible to finish without four gunners and even then they don't tell you how you operate it or exactly how long you have to hold out (the cannon charge is not accurate to duration of the section) and finally you have to do it twice in a row.

3) Puzzle Section. Puzzle is giving this section a lot of credit there are 4 terminals you have to all be on to open the path to continue. the only challenge is the re spawning boss immunity champion that just gets dull fast.

4) The Colicoids. Really the bug people with pincers are great weapon makers? When i first took this Flashpoint i thought it was the humanoid ants from Alderaan. They used weapons should to have at least tactical level intelligence and have digits, the Colicoids they just make an excuse "the ones you met on Balmorra were drones" but you NEVER see the non-drone Colicoids or any wielding a weapon. That is to big of a leap for me to believe.

In terms of combat it wasn't anything different so I don't have a complaint but those four reason is why I personally wont do this Flashpoint again.

Requimo
01.27.2012 , 01:05 PM | #2
I liked Colicoid war games a lot acutally and had some fun with it.

1-) It's kind of true. I've never tried a dungeon without 4 players (except Esseles/Black Talon) so it's not a big issue for me.

2-) Instructions for the turrets would be nice yes but it's not that confusing. We got the hang of it after 1 wipe. Also If you leave your healer out, it becomes soo easy and kind of fun. We figured that after our second wipe.

3-) Puzzle section was a lot of fun. I mean, both the act of solving a puzzle in a flashpoint and isolating/friendly griefing your teammates and constant knockbacks to oblivion coused some good laughs. It was enjoyable imo. Then again I don't do flashpoints for gear.

4-) This is the point I really agree. I literally laughted hard when I saw a giant ant ranked officer. Really, I mean, is it the best you can do Bioware.

ThaneMasson
01.27.2012 , 03:27 PM | #3
I love puzzles but that wasn't so much a puzzle as an obstacle.

Like I said its not a bad Flashpoint its just like all the rest but its the tediousness of doing a turret section then another one solving an easy puzzle then the same puzzle that kills it for me.

raidyr
01.27.2012 , 04:02 PM | #4
The turret part was far easier than I imagined it would be. We did it (me, friend, 2 pugs) easily.

The puzzle part was frustrating. Communicating via text only and not even being able to ping the map was really bad. On top of that it wasn't really a logic puzzle; it's just simply going to terminals and keeping them open for the next one. Seemed like an obnoxious way to extend an already decent instance.