Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

If you want people to keep playing, release the legacy system now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
If you want people to keep playing, release the legacy system now.

DarthKhaos's Avatar


DarthKhaos
01.27.2012 , 12:47 PM | #21
Just think about all the insta stuff you'll get once it is released.
=================================
F2P? NO THANKS
CANCELLED
=================================

--Grim--'s Avatar


--Grim--
01.27.2012 , 12:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ortof View Post
I love how people turn a feeling into hard facts, let alone only specific ones.

For instance, "Fix Iium PVP or the game will die". Or "I have lag issues when I stand next to 50 people and everyone is firing off their AOE's. The game is going to die because of this".

And now, Double the devs work time and work load only on the Legacy system. The game is hemorrhaging subs because of it.

Come on man. OK, you're excited for the legacy system. Cool, so am I. Will the game "hemorrhage subs" if it isn't released today? Probably not.
They can't fix Ilum. 2 faction world PvP in mmo's is impossible to balance. It will never be any good in this game or any other.

SWTOR is a PvE game designed from the beginning to encourage playing alts. Yet the most important feature for that is months away. While getting to 50 takes almost no effort. That is a recipe for failure.

It really is simple logic. Look at what the game's main strengths are, and then look at what it is missing. The legacy system is the most important feature missing from this game.

You may not agree, but you would be wrong.

ChicksDigHarleys's Avatar


ChicksDigHarleys
01.27.2012 , 12:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by --Grim-- View Post
It's very simple really. The post 50 game just isn't that good.

The main attraction to keep paying for this game is to play alts, but the legacy system is months away. Not very smart on BioWars's part.

I suspect there will be a massive drop off in subs the next couple of months. Without the legacy system or at least some details giving us a carrot to stay, there really isn't a reason for most people to keep playing this game.
So...you'd only be interested in rolling another alt if it was a new race or something? Somehow I don't think adding another race or two is going to make leveling another toon to 50 all that attractive to most people that aren't already altoholics.

IMO the Legacy system is already a bust, because I'm stuck with the same last name for all my characters. Yes it makes total sense that my Human Smuggler has the same last name as my whatever freaky alien race they end up adding Sith from thousands of light years away.
You are playing a frickin video game.
You are not hardcore by any reasonable definition.

Eliezer's Avatar


Eliezer
01.27.2012 , 12:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AaronPenick View Post
Honestly the Legacy carrot is the only thing keeping me subbed at the moment. I am holding out hopes that it will keep me subbed but not holding my breath. TBH the way they marketed it the damn thing should have been in at launch
No troll, but you should probably quit now then. If the game as it stands doesn't appeal to you enough to keep playing what do you possibly imagine could be in the Legacy system to change that? A different race option for a class? Some minor cross-class ability? Vanity items? A Title? A new Companion? A shared Bank? Those would seem to be the most likely type things in the Legacy system... certainly nothing that would make someone who is going to unsub choose to stay... Especially since there will be a grinding aspect!

Say they offer your dream item! For example's sake, let's suggest A Purple Skinned Twi'lek Republic Trooper with a minor Force Sensitive Legacy power, a Title, and a cool new Companion. Except to unlock that feature, you need to grind up Legacy Levels by say taking 3 other alts to 50.

That is not the kind of crap that makes people sub, but it is the kind of crap that gives people who do want to sub something to do

AaronPenick's Avatar


AaronPenick
01.27.2012 , 12:51 PM | #25
Id settle for details on whats coming at least.
Please remember to engage your brain before posting on the forums

--Grim--'s Avatar


--Grim--
01.27.2012 , 12:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Balrizangor View Post
I am enjoying the Flashes and Ops post-50 ...

You are making an assumption that everyone finds the post-50 game boring, yet you get on someone else for making an assumption about your post ... Very ironic ...
I didn't say everyone. SWTOR will retain some subs for many years, even if the devs make every wrong decision. It's a Star Wars game. They could box up dog doo, label it Star Wars and some people will buy it.

But for most people, the late game IS boring. You can already see it people who have stopped playing already. And that is going to continue unless you give them a reason to stay.

Felioats's Avatar


Felioats
01.27.2012 , 12:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by --Grim-- View Post
The main attraction to keep paying for this game is to play alts, but the legacy system is months away.
March. Probably early March.

As I'm sure others have pointed out.
>

AaronPenick's Avatar


AaronPenick
01.27.2012 , 12:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Eliezer View Post
No troll, but you should probably quit now then. If the game as it stands doesn't appeal to you enough to keep playing what do you possibly imagine could be in the Legacy system to change that? A different race option for a class? Some minor cross-class ability? Vanity items? A Title? A new Companion? A shared Bank? Those would seem to be the most likely type things in the Legacy system... certainly nothing that would make someone who is going to unsub choose to stay... Especially since there will be a grinding aspect!

Say they offer your dream item! For example's sake, let's suggest A Purple Skinned Twi'lek Republic Trooper with a minor Force Sensitive Legacy power, a Title, and a cool new Companion. Except to unlock that feature, you need to grind up Legacy Levels by say taking 3 other alts to 50.

That is not the kind of crap that makes people sub, but it is the kind of crap that gives people who do want to sub something to do


Dude you need a chill pill.
Now as to the reason I am looking forward to it? JO in a interview mentioned it altering experience gain. I am hoping that it will allow a XP boost that will let me reroll ALL the classes to see story line and not have to redo the bazillion side quests for the trillionth time.
Please remember to engage your brain before posting on the forums

Dogfatherxx's Avatar


Dogfatherxx
01.27.2012 , 12:54 PM | #29
I don't want them to release it until it's ready, but I would kind of like to get some information on what it is. All I know is that I got an extra bar at the bottow of my screen.

InnateOne's Avatar


InnateOne
01.27.2012 , 12:55 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by --Grim-- View Post
They can't fix Ilum. 2 faction world PvP in mmo's is impossible to balance. It will never be any good in this game or any other.

SWTOR is a PvE game designed from the beginning to encourage playing alts. Yet the most important feature for that is months away. While getting to 50 takes almost no effort. That is a recipe for failure.

It really is simple logic. Look at what the game's main strengths are, and then look at what it is missing. The legacy system is the most important feature missing from this game.

You may not agree, but you would be wrong.
According to you it may be the most important feature... but with millions of other players I'd be willing to bet that isn't what drew them to the game... it's a neat feature, but I'd rather it be complete before they release it.

While we're speaking of wrong, screaming that the sky is falling isn't going to help your argument either. If they lose subs over the next period of time it's not going to be because of one single thing but a multitude of reasons. Lack of end game, imbalanced pvp, lack of dual specs, lack of LFG tool, Bugs, Latency Issues, Population imbalances... yeah there's a lot of things other than a single feature that YOU wish to see right now.

So to reiterate, It's far more important for them to work on a good game takes into account all of these things rather than them to cater to your needs.