Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Gear unfairness discovery

Tohrazer
01.27.2012 , 10:11 AM | #1
why is it that to get a Tier 2 (columi) weapon, you NEED to have the columi weapon token, no exceptions, but the champion (tier 2 pvp) weapon, can be got without relying on RNG? you can buy it for champion commendations, without requiring the item token

(EDIT: to be fair by that point youd already have the BM saber anyway, the champ weapon being available for commendations is somewhat pointless)

add ontop of that the fact that tier 1 of both pvp/pve gear is basically skipped by everyone... not even sure why it exists?

really disliking this whole loot system, the very least they could do is make it fair and equal, a ton of redundant stuff also, things people will never even use, all of that
Guild Leader | Aggressive Negotiations
Negotiations With a Lightsaber!
3 World first Kills, Ex SK Gaming/Curse, played wow, swg, aoc, war, ddo, lotro, and the rest

Lycandresden
01.27.2012 , 10:13 AM | #2
do you even realise how much champion commendations it is to buy? and first off you cant even GET champ comm's unless your a battlemaster it is ridiculously hard and extremely long and not worth it to buy champ weapon with comm's so yeah.... think before you speak
Those who use the darkside are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the sith

Tohrazer
01.27.2012 , 10:15 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lycandresden View Post
do you even realise how much champion commendations it is to buy? and first off you cant even GET champ comm's unless your a battlemaster it is ridiculously hard and extremely long and not worth it to buy champ weapon with comm's so yeah.... think before you speak
im very well aware, infact im willing to bet i know the game to a much better extent than you do, the fact remains you can get it with no RNG, its great to be sat here with 100+ columi tokens and nothing to spend them on

/scarasm

its also great to be Battlemaster and still not have got the champ wep from a bag

/more sarcasm
3 World first Kills, Ex SK Gaming/Curse, played wow, swg, aoc, war, ddo, lotro, and the rest

Lycandresden
01.27.2012 , 10:17 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tohrazer View Post
im very well aware, infact im willing to bet i know the game to a much better extent than you do, the fact remains you can get it with no RNG, its great to be sat here with 100+ columi tokens and nothing to spend them on

/scarasm

its also great to be Battlemaster and still not have got the champ wep from a bag

/more sarcasm
oh now I understand its just an ego thing, obviously since you feel the need to tell everyone of your accomplishments in your signature aswell, very pathetic indeed Im done with this thread goodluck with all the arrogance and what not
Those who use the darkside are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the sith

Laloric
01.27.2012 , 10:18 AM | #5
The entitlement is strong with this one.

Tohrazer
01.27.2012 , 10:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lycandresden View Post
oh now I understand its just an ego thing, obviously since you feel the need to tell everyone of your accomplishments in your signature aswell, very pathetic indeed Im done with this thread goodluck with all the arrogance and what not
right, thanks

Laloric
01.27.2012 , 10:20 AM | #7
Actually, I'm trying to figure out if anyone really cares about how you view yourself.

Tohrazer
01.27.2012 , 10:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Laloric View Post
Actually, I'm trying to figure out if anyone really cares about how you view yourself.
alright, clearly its great game design that tons of stuff is basically redundant loot-wise, i suppose you decked yourself fully in tionese gear before you had a piece of champ/columi, right? made good use of those tionese crystals aswell im betting?

and that champion saber available for 123 champ commendations, thats FANTASTIC, just think, if you are a BM you can get the champion saber with commendations! sadly by then its practically impossible for you to not have the BM saber by then anyways

so much pointless stuff, and then things that make no sense

but hey lets just not bash bad game design, keep on promoting mediocrity and patting people on the back when they are getting it wrong, then wondering why games sink

regards,

Qeuzolt
01.27.2012 , 10:33 AM | #9
You understand the loot system, yet you still consider it unfair? To get BM takes a lot of time, and grinding. So they give you the chance to get gear you most likely already have without RNG, does it suck? Yes. Is it unfair to PVE people? No
Mirth [The Bastion US] Original Bastion-ite
I quit 2/23/12

Tohrazer
01.27.2012 , 10:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Qeuzolt View Post
You understand the loot system, yet you still consider it unfair? To get BM takes a lot of time, and grinding. So they give you the chance to get gear you most likely already have without RNG, does it suck? Yes. Is it unfair to PVE people? No
its not just that, the whole loot system is broke, i havent met one experienced raider/pvper that actually thinks the RNG system on pvp gear is a good idea for example