Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Jedi Knight feels dirty now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
My Jedi Knight feels dirty now.

VanorDM
01.27.2012 , 02:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
What did Yoda do that was dark?
I'm pretty sure over the 900 years he lived, he did a few darkside things.

Dyroi-Thader
01.27.2012 , 02:06 PM | #12
Lust is a path to the dark side.

I refuse the advances of others to serve a higher calling.

On the plus side i guess now you know how anikan felt lol.
Ky'lon Valcyn
Guild: Unguilded
The Valcyn Legacy Level 55 Guardian Jedi Master

Lauraliane
01.27.2012 , 03:06 PM | #13
The whole "love is bad" for Jedi is certainly the most illogical and incoherent thing ever.

"Kill 100 people and torture them" + 50 dark Side

"Kiss the woman you love" + 50 dark Side

righhht

Idunhavaname
01.27.2012 , 03:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jellison View Post
Don't feel bad, at least your love interest isn't Aric Jorgan. Yeah. Nuff said xD
Aric Jorgan is frigging Lassy from Psych!

RIP orange pixel

Rhyltran
01.27.2012 , 04:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
I'm pretty sure over the 900 years he lived, he did a few darkside things.
Possibly but by the time of the movies he was 100% light, right?

Nhala
01.27.2012 , 04:41 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Jellison View Post
Don't feel bad, at least your love interest isn't Aric Jorgan. Yeah. Nuff said xD
For your sake, I hope you're not talking smack about my husband.
major catelynne mallister
gunnery commando . wrath of the republic . ebon hawk
havoc squad

Meira_Arirai
01.27.2012 , 05:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lauraliane View Post
The whole "love is bad" for Jedi is certainly the most illogical and incoherent thing ever.

"Kill 100 people and torture them" + 50 dark Side

"Kiss the woman you love" + 50 dark Side

righhht
Aaaaahgreed. I understand that Jedi are supposed to be Space Bhikku/Bhikkuni, but if nothing else, you don't need special, genetically-mediated abilities to be a Buddhist monk. Also, witness how common the 'lecherous monk' is as a character trope in the literature of cultures with a dominant Christian or Buddhist presence to get an idea of how well that kind of restriction went for a lot of real-life people who were expected by their religious orders to forgo romantic relationships or a family life.

From what I've watched over my husband's shoulder, Aric's probably a really attractive LI once you get him to warm up a bit. That is, as long as certain aspects of male feline anatomy don't hold true for Cathars. :/
Massani Legacy, Ebon Hawk
More early Star Wars geekery at KotOR/SWtOR

Nhala
01.27.2012 , 06:12 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Meira_Arirai View Post
Also, from what I've watched over my husband's shoulder, Aric's probably a really attractive LI once you get him to warm up a bit. That is, as long as certain aspects of male feline anatomy don't hold true for Cathars. :/
He's twenty different types of awesome. But I agree with you on the anatomy thing, heh. :X
major catelynne mallister
gunnery commando . wrath of the republic . ebon hawk
havoc squad

Eldartank
01.27.2012 , 06:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
I've advanced the romance with Kira a bit, to the kissing stage anyway, and I have gotten no dark side points for it so far.

Also, no Jedi should realistically should be 100% light prior to hitting the cap and working off the DS points, IMO anyway. Speaking from a RP perspective, 100% light just seems to be unrealistic, no one is that good.
This is definitely logical. I'm on the RP/PVE server Kath Hound. I'm basically roleplaying my Jedi Knight as good and honorable, and totally opposed to the Sith. I actually got a couple dark side points in that mission on Coruscant where you steal documents from that courier which show a Senator's intention to submit a bill to reject the Jedi and ally with the Sith. I refused to "allow Democracy to function" by letting the Senator's aide have the document I just took, and instead gave them to the activist who originally sent me on the mission.

Meira_Arirai
01.27.2012 , 06:43 PM | #20
I've got a little handful of DS points for making choices like that. When Ranna Tao'Venn asked me to participate in a ritual that would make me the in-culture equivalent of a blood relative, I agreed. I figured that it only made sense to (A)comfort a friend who was having a hard time with the recent death of her mother and didn't have many other allies and (B)open a diplomatic link between the Jedi and the Tython pilgrims, who had fighters and force-sensitives aplenty in their ranks, and who heretofore had pretty negative expectations about how the Jedi were likely to operate.

Basically, my character believes that the core mission of the Jedi Order should be to relieve suffering and improve regular peoples' lives, and she's vulnerable to letting her heart yank the rest of her around. This tends to land her in trouble with an Order that's more interested in using her as a one-woman, Force-sensitive spec-ops unit in the war against the Sith. Mechanically, that translates to a few DS points in with the LS ones.
Massani Legacy, Ebon Hawk
More early Star Wars geekery at KotOR/SWtOR