Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Starwars Xmas Special LOL

Daygobag
12.14.2011 , 11:21 PM | #1
I remember when i was younger seeing this Xmas Special. George Lucas hated it and wishes it never was put on TV.\

Released only ONCE in USA and Canada 1978 2 hour TV specal was made. Lucas HATED it.

But dam is it funny to watch now.

And lucky for us its on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz550T3QeAo

You will pee yourself watching it. LOL Its so bad its funny

Thankyou and have a goodtime watching

Captain_Zone
12.14.2011 , 11:33 PM | #2
That video had one good quality, and the only thing that redeemed it.

It introduced Boba Fett.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Daygobag
12.14.2011 , 11:38 PM | #3
Oh ya I forgot about that Kudos to you.

Dam funny show.

KillerJak
12.15.2011 , 12:00 AM | #5
omg i never even knew this existed...wow that was painful. "and r2 d2 starring as....r2 d2!" Really? would have never guesed that narator. and i thought episodes 1-3 were bad lol. thanks for the link

Vengola
12.15.2011 , 12:01 AM | #6
I liked the cartoon part but the rest was pretty horrible.

fahima
12.15.2011 , 12:21 AM | #7
is it just me or do the supporting wookies look a bit "challenged"?

whilom
12.15.2011 , 12:27 AM | #8
it was still better than the last 3 movies
Let those who fear me...follow
Let those who stand in my way die

Anareon
12.15.2011 , 12:45 AM | #9
Wow. This brings back memories. I distinctly remember watching this on television when I was a kid (16). At the time we didn't think anything was wierd about it, and I remember enjoying it. It seemed quite normal to have a Christmas special with the Star Wars cast since Star Wars was massively popular. Nowadays it's a legend people whisper about in darkened rooms.

Some time later after it premiered, copies of the special were being sold in stores. I remember seeing it for sale on the new (at that time but they never took off) laser discs, Beta-Max and VHS. The stores were playing the show over and over.

I remember standing there in the store watching it over and over. This is the spell Star Wars had on all of us in the 70's. The high point, for me anyways, was the Jefferson Starship segment. It was really a music video, but MTV was a few years off and that term hadn't even been coined yet.

I always wondered what happened to the show, and only recently learned Geroge Lucas has forbidden it's showing commercially. I'm sure there are still some people out there who have copies that can still play. Wouldn't mind watching it again for old times sake. Probably would get a good laugh now though.

Edit: LOL yeah thanks for posting the link OP, didn't see it until now. Yeah this show was pretty bad...but at that time things were different.

DarkGreenGames
12.15.2011 , 12:47 AM | #10
Lucas tried to bury this a long time ago. I am happy to see that it survived. It is so awful it is amazing. Thumbs up for the Wookie pleasure machine.