Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Racial Abilities Important?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
Are Racial Abilities Important?

Cruxe
12.13.2011 , 08:46 AM | #1
To anyone who may have experience in the beta are the racial abilities, especially those that recover force like the Mirialans', enough to influence your chosen race?
This is not the droid you're looking for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
I used to shoot arrows into completely different dimensions, until bizarro me took an arrow to the knee.

GFreeGamer
12.13.2011 , 08:48 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cruxe View Post
To anyone who may have experience in the beta are the racial abilities, especially those that recover force like the Mirialans', enough to influence your chosen race?
Race ust affects Social emotes. Nothing more. You just get some unique emotes.

MasterJediBlizz
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #3
Not really. Twileks have the dance thing as their racial ability and outside of just being fun to use,,theres really no benefit "in game" from those abilities. The meditation you mention I'm not sure if it is a heal??? But all classes I believe have an out of combat heal or regen ability if I recall.

OneHemophiliac
12.13.2011 , 08:55 AM | #4
Everyone's right to a degree, all of the racial abilities are merely neat social emotes basically.

Each class also has some kinda "meditate/recharge" ability that is out of combat that heals them and their companion to max (in 15 seconds total if needed).

NightHawke
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #5
Races do not do anything to help you in game.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

Galadine
12.13.2011 , 09:04 AM | #6
There is a race that can punish their companions. Thats not really just an emote, it allows more options in your discussions with them. I think thats pretty cool for darkside. Or light if you're into that.
“Named must your fear be, before banish it you can.”

LuShang
12.13.2011 , 09:23 AM | #7
Pick based on looks first IMO, then if you're torn between two choices pick on social/racial

GFreeGamer
12.13.2011 , 09:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Galadine View Post
There is a race that can punish their companions. Thats not really just an emote, it allows more options in your discussions with them. I think thats pretty cool for darkside. Or light if you're into that.
I'm pretty sure that's just an emote for the Sith Purebloods. It just happens that the classes that Sith Purebloods can play as also have certain options to punish their companions in dialogue.

Though Sith Warriors get Vette who comes with a chock collar that they can activate as long as they don't remove it from her.

Sith Inquisitors.... they get the dialogue option of 'Lightning' very often.

Charissa
12.13.2011 , 01:40 PM | #9
Hello, as others mentioned, the racial ability is purely cosmetic.

I played a Mirialan consular in beta.

As a consular you get an ability to recover health and force out of combat, it is a standing animation (praying?) and you glow yellow.

The Mirilian racial ability is just the same: You recover health and force quickly out of combat, but it is a sitting animation (more like lotus-in-yoga style) and you glow yellow.

Personally i liked it very much.

Some racial abilities look 'cool' while others look 'meh'... but as I said it is only one animation you can live without.

Melcene
12.13.2011 , 07:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cruxe View Post
Everyone get's a meditation ability. The Mirialans racial mediation does nothing for the character, just looks cool as she sits cross legged floating above the ground and glowing.
Collector's Edition V.I.P.
Beta Disciple of the Orange Pixel of Death