Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it time Heroic +4 and +2 should be changed to Heroic +2 and solo, respectively?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is it time Heroic +4 and +2 should be changed to Heroic +2 and solo, respectively?

Reeny
02.11.2012 , 03:15 AM | #21
There are way too many Heroic 4 and Heroic 2 quests.

Some classes are more powerful like the tank/stealth classes.
Others like snipers are weak.

I feel that the Heroic 4 should become Heroic 2 since it's so hard to find a group nowadays.

KVork
02.11.2012 , 11:09 AM | #22
I think problem is marginal.

I plaed through all but two Heroic possible for Empire (skiped one 46 and one 50 lev heroic on Corellia, still got them in quet log thou), many of them multiple times.

Not a single time had I any difficulties finding party, neither on low-lev, nether on mid/high lev. Unless you call 5-10 min on chat a difficulty or look for those at 4am.

Just consider that your playtime is not exacly playtime of majority on your serv, try tu figure out when there are more people around.

Consider making friends with people met in game, if you find company for heroic, ask him/her to join you next day on another planet, add him to friends and "whisper" when he comes online, (you will be notified of this.) In a week you will have a dozen friends on similar level. Another week and you will know who plays in similar hours as you do.

If you can make without great cost or find something usefull but not for your class (stim, piece of blue gear, mod, etc), dont sell it cheap to the medical droid or squize nickels on GTN, just give it to somebody as "a reward/quest loot" for joining group and questing with you, works great for me. These people will seak you out later because of that.

Most 4+ Heroics can be easly done with 3 players. All that matters is t have at least one long CC for Elites in mobs, without it you can have some difficulties (like 3 SithWrr, 2 tanks and 1 DPS against 5 elites, no CC longer than 4 sec at a time... it was hard. 1 Tank and 1 DPS with healing companions cut through same quest like throuh butter).

And for the end, NO! In any case dont nerf Heroics, some are little too easy, some are easy for nly given classes, in some you just need to look around an be witty, and some are stright forward murderous - like this Esh-Ka Staff Master in 43lev heroic 4+ on Taris.
I dare you to jump him on 43 lev without 4 people and some decent cooperation. I want to see this .

On the other side, It is possible to do Lights Out 50lev H4 in pair WITHOUT A SINGLE WIPE (dont count companion), even without stealth to be exact . Even more, both players were warriors, - melee

It is good as it is.
No nerfing Heroics.
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

ibervang
02.14.2012 , 09:50 AM | #23
after a certain point, companions arent enough. I have been in groups where we tried

ibervang
02.14.2012 , 12:46 PM | #24
I have just tried for about 3+ hours to get a group for an HC, with no luck

Valthorian
02.14.2012 , 12:51 PM | #25
I'm fully happy with how the game is in this regard. In no way, shape, or form do these need to be changed. They are there to reward those that will go out of their way to accomplish said goal. Go the extra mile in being social if you are having problems finding groups. Be creative in your lfg shouts. I.E. "What's all the rage? Mandalorian Rage!! Looking for more!"

Atrix
02.14.2012 , 02:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Salty_Wagyu View Post
I rolled a damage dealing spec character on game launch, and had very little issue finding groups for pretty much all heroic missions on planets over the course of 3 weeks of levelling. But now that the population has died off somewhat, it's near impossible to find groups for Heroic missions, even so on either of my tank and healer alts which I find surprising, as it's apparent it's not a shortage of roles. I have left Balmorra with 6 Heroic missions in log (stayed around for Bonus series too), and Nar Shaddaa with 4.

If Bioware don't plan on doing server merges, should Heroic +4 missions on planets be downtuned to Heroic +2 difficulty, and perhaps a few of the existing Heroic +2 missions downtuned to solo?
You don't need to complete the heroic quests in order to fully level. These should be considered optional. Best way to combat not having a group for them is build a network of friends or guildmates to help out.
Pulse
Darth Bandon Server US East PVE
PVE Sith Empire Guild - Casual Raiding, PVP, and RP
Visit Our Website: Guild Website | To Join Click Here: Application

Xneco
02.14.2012 , 02:31 PM | #27
I rolled a damage dealing spec character on game launch, and had very little issue finding groups for pretty much all heroic missions on planets over the course of 3 weeks of levelling. But now that the population has died off somewhat, it's near impossible to find groups for Heroic missions, even so on either of my tank and healer alts which I find surprising, as it's apparent it's not a shortage of roles. I have left Balmorra with 6 Heroic missions in log (stayed around for Bonus series too), and Nar Shaddaa with 4.

If Bioware don't plan on doing server merges, should Heroic +4 missions on planets be downtuned to Heroic +2 difficulty, and perhaps a few of the existing Heroic +2 missions downtuned to solo?

No... Heroics are extra group content, they are not required to level. If you can do them, great... if you can't, move on to the next planet.
Xmiles - Powertech
The Twin Spears - US

Veriu
02.14.2012 , 03:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rutrict View Post
Please remove this post before the baddies see it and gang up with their "/sign" .... Seriously the game has been out 5 weeks and people are QQing about so much in this game. If you do not like this game leave. Stop playing. I don't want you changing what is a great game. It's different, it's not WoW, and that's why I like it. I do not want to play WoW with lightsabers.

Dumbing Heroics down? Are you serious? That's just about the dumbest thing I have read on the forums yet..............

Lights Out - Daily Heroic+4 - Belsavis - I solo this, I take off all my gear and run for the controls, revive and continue IF and only IF I can not find someone to help, which is rare.

Freeing the Fallen - This is so easy I solo.

Poisonous Strat - With all the people on ilum this is too easy to not find people.

Old Enemies - If I have found people for Lights Out and Freeing the Fallen they are asking ME if I will go for this one.

My point, MAKE SOME FRIENDS. Use that /friend feature. Joing a guild with some people around your level. Or just join a guild.

Seriously this game isn't rocekt science and I am tired of everyone QQing about crap they don't like. Reporting bugs fine. But jesus christ lay off the EMO pills.
gotta agree...

on my main (powertech tank):
lights out- solo, takes me less than 10 min and unless I mess up and pull an extra group, I don't die (I can run away, use cds and live till the mobs reset).
Freeing the fallen- solo in about 5 min if that.
Old Enemies- take off armor, send companion in and run till I die. Rez and I'm at boss. take out mako and solo boss using all cds/interrupts. Easily soloable.
Poisonous strat- take out mako, using cds/interupts/stuns solo the group & the pack of two golds. Wait for respawn and do it again. Takes maybe 5-10 min.

I already solo every lvl 50 heroic quest, and the OP wants to make them easier?????
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Sabster
04.27.2012 , 03:47 AM | #29
Hell yes they should be. Sitting around ignoring heroic missions simply cuz there's 3 people in the zone is just stupid.

NasherUK
04.27.2012 , 06:06 AM | #30
A lot of 2+ quests can already be done solo. There needs to be at least some challenging and group content as your leveling, or it's just dull and easy :/

You don't even need to do heroic quests to make enough exp from a planet. If you cant do them just skip them.

As has already been said, find a good guild and some friends. Don't expect everything handed to you, this isn't wow...