Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it time Heroic +4 and +2 should be changed to Heroic +2 and solo, respectively?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is it time Heroic +4 and +2 should be changed to Heroic +2 and solo, respectively?

Gizzle
01.27.2012 , 08:35 AM | #11
Server merges? Because not everyone re rolled to play with you and you are stuck by yourself that is your suggestion? Bad is Bad, please go play Republic

Rutrict
01.27.2012 , 09:44 AM | #12
Please remove this post before the baddies see it and gang up with their "/sign" .... Seriously the game has been out 5 weeks and people are QQing about so much in this game. If you do not like this game leave. Stop playing. I don't want you changing what is a great game. It's different, it's not WoW, and that's why I like it. I do not want to play WoW with lightsabers.

Dumbing Heroics down? Are you serious? That's just about the dumbest thing I have read on the forums yet..............

Lights Out - Daily Heroic+4 - Belsavis - I solo this, I take off all my gear and run for the controls, revive and continue IF and only IF I can not find someone to help, which is rare.

Freeing the Fallen - This is so easy I solo.

Poisonous Strat - With all the people on ilum this is too easy to not find people.

Old Enemies - If I have found people for Lights Out and Freeing the Fallen they are asking ME if I will go for this one.

My point, MAKE SOME FRIENDS. Use that /friend feature. Joing a guild with some people around your level. Or just join a guild.

Seriously this game isn't rocekt science and I am tired of everyone QQing about crap they don't like. Reporting bugs fine. But jesus christ lay off the EMO pills.
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

LordHartigan
01.27.2012 , 10:00 AM | #13
My experience has been there is some truth to the feeling that getting parties for heroics seems to get tougher as you progress. First two or three planets it was easy to find people to get all of them done. But since I think I've ended up abandoning 2-3 a planet now. I think the issue has a bit to do with population. If you started at launch everyone was basically on the same page and advancing at the same pace. Planet populations were in the low hundreds or a lttle less than a hundred. Now I typically see 50-60. I think it's just because people are working at different paces You got your hard core folks that got to 50 as fast as they could and then other like me that actually have real lives and full time jobs and mess around with other toons, etc. There just aren't as many people where you are progression wise.

Kormah
01.27.2012 , 10:17 AM | #14
You could just wait till the quests are grey then attempt them. Doesnt quite work at 50 but thats how I did all my heroic quests as a dps.

Or another concept :X build your own group. I know I know its too hard. You have to spam LFG constantly while doing other things. This is the problem with "group" quests you have to be social. I'll take grey quests any day.

Quraswren
01.27.2012 , 10:41 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Salty_Wagyu View Post
I rolled a damage dealing spec character on game launch, and had very little issue finding groups for pretty much all heroic missions on planets over the course of 3 weeks of levelling. But now that the population has died off somewhat, it's near impossible to find groups for Heroic missions, even so on either of my tank and healer alts which I find surprising, as it's apparent it's not a shortage of roles. I have left Balmorra with 6 Heroic missions in log (stayed around for Bonus series too), and Nar Shaddaa with 4.

If Bioware don't plan on doing server merges, should Heroic +4 missions on planets be downtuned to Heroic +2 difficulty, and perhaps a few of the existing Heroic +2 missions downtuned to solo?
I can't agree with this.

Heroic 2+ and 4 are good. Especially the level 50 dailies and considering all the heroics leveling up are optional and not needed, they should not be made easier.

ibervang
01.27.2012 , 11:36 AM | #16
There does seem to be some serious issues with getting groups, and im playing on one of the servers, that used to have a queue most of the time

ErisktheRed
01.27.2012 , 11:59 AM | #17
I've never had issue finding a group much for the planets until the 30s. Balmorra has the most heroics on Rep side it's crazy. Many Heroic 4s and 2+ as said, don't need 4 to be done. I find most ppl are at least 2+ levels above the heroic that helps. I did all the Nar Shadaa bonus heroic ones with 3 ppl pretty easily, we had a few wipes and no healer even.

It really depends on your server and side pop AND time of day and planet. I know my prime playing time during the week isn't always when my server is at it's highest pop (evening, west coast).

But making heroics just 2 and solo - it's a MMORPG, the only group content shouldn't be just FPs. I've met a lot of cool ppl on heroics even if it took longer than I'd have liked to do them.

Joining a guild helps too, but not always obviously for Heroics unless they're the daily ones at 50.
Erisk Redlemur (In-Game:Erisk, Kaleisk) - King Slacker/GM of the League of Xtraordinary Slackers REPUBLIC, HARBINGER US Contact/Site: Xtraordinary Slackers
Corellian Run Radio Article On Guild
"Slack Together, Work Alone!"

ibervang
02.10.2012 , 02:43 PM | #18
I think something needs to be done. I have tried for several hours now, to get 1 person for a HC. It is getting harder and harder to find people

xioix
02.10.2012 , 04:07 PM | #19
Just need what's in my sig below...

annabethchase
02.10.2012 , 06:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gizzle View Post
Server merges? Because not everyone re rolled to play with you and you are stuck by yourself that is your suggestion? Bad is Bad, please go play Republic
Server merges because there should be more than 30 people on Ilum. It's crazy to go to say Corellia on a random night and see 4 republic players. I don't understand what they were thinking with their server population decisions.