Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

legacy: alts as companions at 50!

Rottenskanker
01.27.2012 , 05:43 AM | #1
so based on legacy level when you hit 50 with and alt , why cant we be able to have our other characters be our companions . how cool would that be. i understand it not being allowed pre 50 due to balance but after you hit 50 why not. would promote rolling alts. also let the companion have the gear you earned in his game. i would love to see this in game. Even if its a high legacy level to get. just my thoughts.

SabersAtDawn
01.27.2012 , 05:45 AM | #2
alts as companions sounds a cool idea, as long as they are both 50
Corvinus - Sith Sorcerer - Nightfall - Tomb

Rottenskanker
01.27.2012 , 05:49 AM | #3
yeah have this be unlocked when you have 2 50s or more. would give me motivation to roll another character. it would not be unbalance it would be there basically for your daily's and stuff. if legacy is your family why not be able to quest with them and adventure.

United_Strafes
01.27.2012 , 05:53 AM | #4
I've seen some pretty stupid ideas, but that one is fantastic.

WreckSC
01.27.2012 , 05:57 AM | #5
Yup, gets my vote.

+1 internets to you sir, very nice idea.

Rottenskanker
01.27.2012 , 06:00 AM | #6
hopeful devs see this and are still looking for ways to make the legacy system awsome. would be cool to , to go to your ship and see your characters chillin.

Prasse
01.27.2012 , 06:05 AM | #7
On of the best idéas i´ve heard on this forum!

IceJudge
01.27.2012 , 06:14 AM | #8
Sounds like an interesting idea. I'm wondering how all the other features would play into it though; affection, story, interaction outside of combat and such.
«¦|/////||x۞x|██████████████████████)
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild

supZ
01.27.2012 , 06:16 AM | #9
ok, so if you did.. how would you control them? where would all the skills go? what ones would auto cast? would they still use the same resources? (and as such would they run out after an ability spam?)

as much as people are saying its a nice idea its just not viable or practical. chars require people to be behind them. think BH. put 2 abilities on autocast and he's be overheated and useless in seconds, plus there are far too many abilities per class to allow you to effectively control both yourself and it. not to mention the ui clutter to show those abilities. ui is bad enough with just yours let alone another classes abilities on show as well

in short, nice idea, just not viable.
---------------
SI Sorcerer (50)
JC Sage (50)

Oobro
01.27.2012 , 06:17 AM | #10
If properly impemented: absolutely fantastic! I would most definately roll many alts
Oobro - Elder SWG Bounty Hunter