Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Deception and you


Skullklovn's Avatar


Skullklovn
01.27.2012 , 04:44 AM | #1
Hey everyone, and welcome to the tread.

I'm a rank 35 valor rank assassin with almost full champion (only miss weap,brac and boots) and I'm currently 25/0/18

Don't get me wrong, this build is beast as Iam pooping on almost every class in the game, even outliving healers if I play my cards right.

There is so many utilities in this build but its so much less finesse in it.

I played Deception when I was a much lower lvl and I got mixed feelings.
My dps was ok (mostly because I had to face champ geared 50s)but after getting my arse handed to me enough times I went the spec above and gathered gear with it.

Now I want to try out the Deception again, for the sake of my own playstyle.

I played a rogue almost exclusivly for 5+ years in (The game you hate/love) and if you played a rogue too you know the stages the class been through. For the most part its a class that required much more skill and knowledge to come out winning and I'm comfortable with that. I like the challenge and it keeps things interesting

I see so many people here that used to praise deception and protect it, showed it off and did good with it which then went a hybrid specc or even the spec I run without even looking back.

I have a 98k + respec and Iam at a crossroad. What do you guys think?
Iam not looking for any other build (Only deception)

Talraen's Avatar


Talraen
01.27.2012 , 05:03 AM | #2
Ask and ye shall receive:

My 2/31/8 build

I like having Maul and Shock proc for 50% less power, and double Shock is a given. Charge mastery is undervalued generally I think - 6% armour ignore?

That is my personal recommendation. Why? Because I can

Skullklovn's Avatar


Skullklovn
01.27.2012 , 05:09 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Talraen View Post
Ask and ye shall receive:

My 2/31/8 build

I like having Maul and Shock proc for 50% less power, and double Shock is a given. Charge mastery is undervalued generally I think - 6% armour ignore?

That is my personal recommendation. Why? Because I can
Hey I appreciate the quick reply man and for giving me pointers for a build that could possibly work.

Iam not sure tho if I wanted to put two points in Charge mastery tho over Thrashing blades.
Been lots of discussions about it on the forum.

This build is something I put together. Any pointers to why this build would be terrible/work is greatly appreciated


http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MZhRrRkhrbtzZf0c.1

Talraen's Avatar


Talraen
01.27.2012 , 05:15 AM | #4
Personally, I rarely have any problems in PvP with slow being non-talented. If you want that over improved stealth I say go for it, you'll be opening in stealth and visible pretty much after that unless you pop force cloak.

Only major drawback I have from Deception builds is that you don't get the awesomeness that is Disjunction. Force cloak is just so much less valuable without it, esp with all the Sages / Sorcs floating around

*after much reading I may swap out Charge mastery for Thrashing

Skullklovn's Avatar


Skullklovn
01.27.2012 , 05:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Talraen View Post
Personally, I rarely have any problems in PvP with slow being non-talented. If you want that over improved stealth I say go for it, you'll be opening in stealth and visible pretty much after that unless you pop force cloak.

Only major drawback I have from Deception builds is that you don't get the awesomeness that is Disjunction. Force cloak is just so much less valuable without it, esp with all the Sages / Sorcs floating around

*after much reading I may swap out Charge mastery for Thrashing
Yeah what I was thinking too, it sucks that you cant get disjunction but the proc shock with our deception talents should make much up for it

Iam glad you learned something aswell. Was hoping it was not only me that got some questions answered

Mrdiguinn's Avatar


Mrdiguinn
01.27.2012 , 06:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Skullklovn View Post
Hey I appreciate the quick reply man and for giving me pointers for a build that could possibly work.

Iam not sure tho if I wanted to put two points in Charge mastery tho over Thrashing blades.
Been lots of discussions about it on the forum.

This build is something I put together. Any pointers to why this build would be terrible/work is greatly appreciated


http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MZhRrRkhrbtzZf0c.1
I don't see why it woudn't work since it's a light variation from Chain Shock build, one that works quite well for many sins.

Anyway, I have to agree on Thrashing blades over charge mastery because the overall picture is that the 6% armor penetration do not make up for 6% on the overall damage by voltaic Slash. The only problem with going for that is you lose 2 Obfuscation which is not that useful but can get out on a Force Cloak when your Blackout if on CD

It's a nice build, as I said, quite standard and works perfectly.

PS: This is all my oppinion, I do not hold an ultimate truth nor does anyone else since we do not have parse.
PS2: Not comparing it to that game, it's just that to fully have a point we would need a parse.
Is it just me or every class forum has one of the "Is it just me posts", regarding classes being underpowered? Ya, food for some troll's thoughts.

Skullklovn's Avatar


Skullklovn
01.27.2012 , 06:32 AM | #7
Yeah, I think Iam gonna go with the build I posted then and hopefully do something fun with it !

Omite's Avatar


Omite
01.27.2012 , 08:21 AM | #8
This is the build I run. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MZRRrRkhrbtzZf0c.1
Very similar to what was posted.
It works well for PvP and I do ok in PVE too.

IMO static cling is more useful than obsuscation.
I rarely use Maul because of the lag / not firing as expected issues I have with it. Therefore put points in insulation over duplicity.

p.s. You'll have no problem eating healers for breakfast with this build. Only time a healer is an issue is if there's 2 healing each other.

p.s.s.
This is my usual rotation. I like it. You may find it useful.
I usually open with voltaic x 2 then recklessness + pop all my relics and adrenals, discharge (important to do first because chain shock eats both recklessness charges), shock.
Then I interrupt the heal with jolt (they need to heal at this point) then volt x 2, shock, assassinate, stealth or cloak, go lookin for another healer.
The Darkmoon Legacy
DVEight - Darkness Sin - Scum and Villainy
Alts: Nihilis - Sorc, Evoll - Mara, Heater - Merc

Vonrictus's Avatar


Vonrictus
01.27.2012 , 09:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Skullklovn View Post
Hey I appreciate the quick reply man and for giving me pointers for a build that could possibly work.

Iam not sure tho if I wanted to put two points in Charge mastery tho over Thrashing blades.
Been lots of discussions about it on the forum.

This build is something I put together. Any pointers to why this build would be terrible/work is greatly appreciated


http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MZhRrRkhrbtzZf0c.1
Can you explain to me why everyone in a PVP build picks up Static Charges when it procs so slowly? Yes I agree a 5 stack that crits is terrific, but as a deception spec in PVP specifically I dont see that it really adds much.

I realize there are only a few other places you could put it, like Static Cling or the AOE damage reduction or maybe the extra armor, but extra armor is extra armor or avoiding AOE damage in a big battle seems good over a slow stacking buff.

Mrdiguinn's Avatar


Mrdiguinn
01.27.2012 , 10:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vonrictus View Post
Can you explain to me why everyone in a PVP build picks up Static Charges when it procs so slowly? Yes I agree a 5 stack that crits is terrific, but as a deception spec in PVP specifically I dont see that it really adds much.

I realize there are only a few other places you could put it, like Static Cling or the AOE damage reduction or maybe the extra armor, but extra armor is extra armor or avoiding AOE damage in a big battle seems good over a slow stacking buff.

If I were to put it simple I would answer you with : It doesn't matter if you pick up that extra armor or the AoE damage one because
1) The armor will not add much and you'll still not have good survivability by getting that
2) The AoE damage that is "dangerous" are Merc ones and such...Which you can avoid considerably easy given the fact we have good mobility and
3) Overall those procs that are not that bad do add some damage, which is what I tend to focus since it's all I need to go banana on 2vs1 and 1vs1 situations and not lose.
Is it just me or every class forum has one of the "Is it just me posts", regarding classes being underpowered? Ya, food for some troll's thoughts.