Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

starting up have the game disks do i need the client download

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
starting up have the game disks do i need the client download

Althire
01.27.2012 , 01:40 AM | #11
Ok another post on this I found that some one has found a work around maybe this might help again was for a different game.

Spoiler
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣█|████████████MMO's/SWTOR Guide████████████)

Althire
01.27.2012 , 01:49 AM | #12
Another one and this one sounds strage lol.

Quote:
I have the dvd standard edition and have been having this data error trying to install it to Windows 7 64bit.

But I've just got it working!!!!!!!!

I uninstalled all my RAM except for one 2gb stick - then I tried again and the installation works!

I don't know if this is because there was initially 12gb of RAM in the machine - and I've heard that this can cause some odd behaviour; or because some of my RAM is actually dodgy. I'll run memtest to find out.

But anyway, this might be something else to try. Remove all but the bare minimum of ram and try that.

Good luck!

creeman
01.27.2012 , 01:52 AM | #13
now for the starnge part i go to download client on the my account page i get the 38mb .exe file i can install that start it up and am able yo put my details in then go to the patching screen just having to download the whole game defeats the purpose of this reatial version with disks

thatnks for ur help in advance hope to be playing this sooner rather than later

creeman
01.27.2012 , 02:01 AM | #14
damm that last one is strange ill try taking out a stick of ram and see what happens in my case ill only be runing on 2gigs then but its worth a shot if iam going to be able to install this from the disks i haven't try ed taking out ne ram yet i am going to try download it through the launcher and see how it goes

really regretting making this choice

creeman
01.27.2012 , 05:46 AM | #15
took out a stick of ram and no improvemnet could it be and idear to do a fresh install of windows fully update it and start from there

Althire
01.27.2012 , 05:58 AM | #16
Don't know all I found I have posted don't want to say to do that and it not work and you have wasted time trying it.

I can't see why a clean install would change anything though that's just my opinion though

aymanjamal
06.20.2012 , 09:36 AM | #17
just a question i hve the three discs and downloaded them succesfully thn i went to the lancher and there was a small download tht i s 1 gb u all tht it does not exceed 100 mb is this a prob

aymanjamal
06.20.2012 , 09:48 AM | #18
and they wrote one time tht unable to retrieve patch data just 4 one time